Fabulous Killjoy
porcelain-star
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:48am
i think its cruel 2 keep someone alive if they dnt really hav a life 2 live
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
March 4th, 2007 at 12:50pm
the same as my policy on suicide, you just have to really want to die and explored all of your other options
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm
if you are terminally ill and know you can't do anything for the rest of your life, then you should have the right to decide whether you want to live or die. no one can make these choices for you.
Indie
Killjoy
Indie
March 14th, 2007 at 02:23pm
Animals are legally allowed to be put to sleep so why not humans, dogs and other things get put to sleep and they cant voice their opinions, But then agaion neither can some humans, in most cases people should either ask th person sufering what they want or, i fthe person cant communicate, figure out what kind of quality of life that person has.

*__Ruby.Gloom__*
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
March 15th, 2007 at 12:40pm
We kinda had to go through this with my Grandma.
When you are put into this situation it can be tough, especially
if no one ever talked about it. We did it for my Grandma because
she NEVER wanted to be kept alive artificially, she wanted to die naturally. So
we stopped it, and of course she died soon there after. Umm, its a peaceful
way to die, at least the way she died. If its the patient's wishes, then don't take it away from them.
That's my opinion. I really don't think that unless you are put into that situation, you can really have a side on it. Your perspective changes when people's lives are on the line.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
March 15th, 2007 at 01:05pm
In my family, when someone was that sick they were given a computer that dosed out pain medication. We have the option to push the button as many times as we wish to give pain medication. With my stepfathers mother, we gave her just enough to take away all the pain. She went into a deep sleep and passed gently away on her own within a few days. We could have overdosed her and put her to death if we chose, but it's not what we wanted. We just wanted to make her comfortable until the time came. We could not bear to end her life, no matter what state it was in.
Humor Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Humor Me
March 16th, 2007 at 09:04pm
i think if the person/animal is suffering its right to do it because then they can rest in peace and have a good after-life. if the person says that they want to die because they cant take the suffering anymore i think its good ......but if the person is not suffering and just wants to die i dont think that is right because life is a gift and we should respect it............i sound like one of those christ-like people .........YUCK!!!!!!!!!!...sry
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 16th, 2007 at 09:15pm
its too cruel to keep someone alive if they are going to be in pain for the rest of their lives and/or cannot hear see or speak or walk (like a recent(? i saw it on the news last night..it mightve been a few years ago) case here in australia when a mans parents where convicted of manslaughter because they euthenised (sp?) him)
st.watsername
Killjoy
st.watsername
March 17th, 2007 at 08:39pm
its hard to say whats cruel, ya its cruel to
keep someone alive if the cant really live
but also just taking away someones life i mean come on
thats harsh, my friends are actually doing a project on man interference
and they could either chose positive things man has done or the negative
things that our interference has done, they chose positive
and they always get stuck on the topic euthanasia
cuz it really all depends what you believe on
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
March 17th, 2007 at 08:50pm
paranoid android:
I'm for it.
If someone is living in extreme, uncureable pain, they should be allowed to choose if they live or not.

Yes, I agree completely.

If someone's in unbearable physical pain... well yeah.

Y'know.
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
March 17th, 2007 at 09:59pm
Well, if you're too sick to live anymore, than YOU should make the choice of ending it. Now, if a family member sees you're too ill and suffering, and you agree, they have every right to pull the plug. But doing it randomly? No. That's not right...

*Sakura-chan*
Juliet and Romeo
Salute You in Your Grave
Juliet and Romeo
March 17th, 2007 at 10:35pm
Not being able to do anything and living like that would be horrible. I think that if you wish you should be able to die and not live like that. Plus, if someone can't even move and is in agonizing pain every second, you really can't consider it a life.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 20th, 2007 at 03:34pm
If people are in so much pain that the only option for them is to die, they should get the opportunity of being mercy killed.
I mean, if that is a thought, the person must be in enormous pain.
In NorWay, where I live, the law won't allow mercy kill and euthanasia.
I think that this law should be set aside. Because there are many people in hospitals that are just suffering from unhealable sickdom...
Muted Scream
Fabulous Killjoy
Muted Scream
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:09pm
I think "Mercy Killings" are acceptable. End the undending pain. Injection sure beats snapping their neck, which is just as quick and painless...side from the psychological stuff involved and the "SNAP!" involved.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:37pm
I think that if you're gonna live the rest of your life on a hospital bed with a lot of help from medications then that's not a life lived...I think most people in that possition, if not all, would want to die...

It's not living your life...
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
April 6th, 2007 at 11:48pm
although i would never want to make that decision myself...
i have to say...
euthanasia...
i am totally for it.
people should have a right to end their lives as they wish.
especially if they are in excruciating pain
they have no reason to live through that...and if they have no hope of getting better...all the more the reason to end their life
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
April 7th, 2007 at 12:37am
My grandfather on my mom's side had Alzheimers. If they had kept a dog alive that suffered as much as he did they would have been imprisoned for animal cruelty. If it's humane enough for our pets, it's humane enough for people. That's my opinion anyway.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 7th, 2007 at 04:34am
I think it's right if the person asks for help in this and a family member agrees. The reason for the family member agreeing is if the indivual is in such a state they can't make up their own mind.

As long as by doing it, it doesn't cause them pain and it's quick then I think it's fine. If they don't want to live because they know they can't anymore, it's easier and less painful (for the person and the family) to help them along.
MissCandy!K
Salute You in Your Grave
MissCandy!K
April 8th, 2007 at 10:05am
I guess to talk properly about this topic you'd have to have been in a situation yourself where you were aware of someones down and out desire to end their life because the pain of their illness is too much. (I know it sounds like I'm describing depression aswell, but I'm leaving that out of it for now)

Personally, I've never been in any sort of situation where euthanasia was viewed as an option, but I know people that have. The woman was suffering severe alzhemiers(sp?) and begged to have her breathing machines turned off because she couldn't bear forgetting who her grandchildren were, and didn't want to be, in her own words, "degraded and left in the corner like a forgotton piece of furnature anymore"

Euthanasia should be legal. If the person is consenting to it, then all power to the cause. There was a court case here a few years ago where a woman dragged doctors and lawyers through the courts just so it would be legal for her husband to turn off her life support because eventually, she would be a 'vegetable'. She lost her case and spent 3 years in a completly paralized state before finally passing on.

How would you feel if you were a prisoner in your own body and knew you couldn't escape until the illness rotted you from the inside out? Thats the only thing that'd make me agree with it.
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 13th, 2007 at 09:48pm
Active Euthanasia- It's when the doctor takes direct action to end the life of the patient; most controversial; Dr. Jack Kevorkian known for created the suicide machine.

Passive Euthanasia- Withdrawl of life support; most supported; people tend to do this because they either are in an incredible amount of pain or do not wish to "cheat" their death via artificial technology.

Physician-Assisted Suicide- Doctor informs patient on how to commit suicide.

Oregon is the only state in the U.S that has legalized Euthanasia.

Some other countries have legalized euthanasia around the world.

Euh, opinion here. People have a choice, I get that, but the thing is that it's not the doctor's job.

I mean the role of the doctor is to provide care for the patient. The doctor shouldn't have to deal with that stuff.

However, things do happen. I'm Pro-Euthanasia.

Choice is one of the most fundamental democratic principles that runs what America was made for.