Don't have an account? Create one!

Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
September 26th, 2006 at 08:02am
I think sometimes, even if someone can not talk or communicate how they are feeling, it doesnt mean that they do not feel. People often say, what kind of life can someone have who is born with multiple disabilities, for example a child who is deaf and blind? And yes, its a good question, one I suppose we will never know the answer to, but in my opinion they can still have a good life, as long as they had a loving, supportive and hard working family or people around them willing to put in the effort.

Its would be a completly different form of existance yes, but who are we to say its less worthy?

Okay now linking this onto euthanasia, what if the parents or carers either decided that they could not cope with the responsibility of caring for that person, or maybe they decided that the person must not have a very good quality of life and suggested that they should be euthanised?

I think in a situation like that its completly wrong to even consider euthanasia. And just out of curiosity does anyone know In the places where it is legal, what criteria must the individual meet before their life will be ended?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
September 29th, 2006 at 05:04pm
Euthenasia is basically assisted suicide, helping terminally ill or suffering people to die. And I'm all for it.

Everytime I think of euthenasia, I think of a response to a story on it in a magazine. A woman's mother was terminally ill, suffering, in great pain in the hospital. Often the woman would call her daughter, crying, in pain, just wanting to die peacefully. One night when the she called, the mother was again sobbing.

"If I were a horse, you would shoot me. If you didn't, you'd be arrested."

Why is it that humans suffering a slow and painful death are not awarded the same thought and care as a suffering animal?
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 10th, 2006 at 02:00pm
I don't think anyone should be killed unless they really really really really really want to and they have discussed it and everything
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
October 12th, 2006 at 09:05pm
1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until a moderator comes online and deals with it.
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
October 20th, 2006 at 01:19am
i am all for it, if i was extremely ill and was just going to continue suffering until i passed away i would like to be euthanised. why would any want to or want to see someone else just suffer away knowing there was nothing they could do about. of course there would need to be some restrictions set on what condition they had to be in before they can be euthanised but i don't see why it can't be done. if we do it to animals without any hesitations than why not humans.

whilst some people may not want to because of religious beliefs or simply not wanting to lose the loved one, we simply have to think of what is best for the individual involved.

i would definantely want go before i suffered the indignity and caused emotional pain for others of having me lying in a bed not being able to do anything at all and just wasting away.
marley.
Awake and Unafraid
marley.
October 20th, 2006 at 05:26am
Simone_Of_Suburbia:

whilst some people may not want to because of religious beliefs or simply not wanting to lose the loved one, we simply have to think of what is best for the individual involved.

I think thats very true. I actually think thats the most important point because its the person involved life and if there too ill to live it the it maybe for the best.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 20th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Me agrees. I would like to make my own decision aswell
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
October 20th, 2006 at 07:20pm
I'm for it.... i mean if your in outstanding pain and you can't take it any longer shouldn't you be put of your misery? I know i would want to

::JuDy Vengeance::
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 21st, 2006 at 06:53pm
I wouldn't but I'm weird like that, so yeah, I guess you should have the choice
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
October 25th, 2006 at 04:25pm
I don't think people should be put on medications and machines and everything to stay alive. I, for one, would never want that. If you're that sick, it's your time. I think it's is /extremely/ selfish when relatives won't "pull the plug." They're prolonging the suffering of that person, because they're not ready to let go.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 25th, 2006 at 06:11pm
Yeah but I couldn't face watching someone i really love, die
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
October 30th, 2006 at 04:31pm
If the person is terminally ill with no chance of recovery, let them go with the help have trusted indivdual because if someone I really loved was terminally ill and was in deep suffereing I couldn't stand to see them suffer in pain like that.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 30th, 2006 at 05:33pm
actress girl:

Regardless of who you are, or where you come from, the day will come when you have to say goodbye to someone you love. The greatest gift you can ever give them is your presence at their deathbed; the knowledge that you are putting your own pain aside to wish them farewell and see them one more time.

Personally, it would be far more horrible to see my parents as vegetables, or in extreme pain with little to no possibility of recovery, rather than pulling the plug for them. If they asked me to do so, I would in a heartbeat, I don't care about the consequences.

And I know that when I die, it will be on my terms. I will be in death as I am in life; in control of myself and making my own choices.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
November 27th, 2006 at 09:50pm
I think that people should be allowed the choice. But, as I often do, I feel somewhat divided. (I suppose this is mainly because I'm a fairly indecisive person.) We had to euthanize our 12-year-old dog just this summer, and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. We thought of her as a member of the family, as a person same as the rest of us. A lot of people think we're strange for that, but we did. Anyway, as much as I know that we did the right thing, because she truly was suffering, I feel guilt for what we did. I feel as though we made an appointment with Death. I torture myself with horrible thoughts; she was so happy to see my mother and I when we came into the vet's room where she was with dad... What if she was thinking that now that her family was all here, we'd take her home and out of that place she hated so much... But instead we delivered her to Death? It's times like that when I truly hate myself for the choice we made.

There's another recent example in my life of when it just felt wrong, A 12-year-old girl in my town needed a heart transplant badly. She had just recently had yet another emergency open-heart surgery about a month ago. Just when things were starting to look up, she suffered two massive strokes and was left in a coma. I honestly don't know if she had any brain activity or not, but I assume she had little to none. The decision was made to take her off of life support. However, she died on her own before the machines were turned off, and I felt relieved when I heard that.

I understand that seeing the people you love suffer or just linger in vain is painful, but somehow, making that decision for someone just feels wrong. If they have a living will, it's easier to deal with, or if they are suffering from a terminal illness and are fully aware and conscious and want to die with dignity. But making a decision for someone who can't... I don't know if I would have the strength to do that.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
November 28th, 2006 at 02:09am
Wow, this really made me think. I think it shoud be allowed only if the person is in a really really really really really really really really really really really horrible or painful situation.
my chemical reaction
Fabulous Killjoy
my chemical reaction
November 30th, 2006 at 04:59pm
i agree with it because if i was sick and i couldnt do anything and i was going to die anyway i would want to be. but then again if people see it as being put down like a dog. but i think it should be the pateints choice their life their choice
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
December 1st, 2006 at 02:17pm
My Chemical Teenager:

It is the hardest thing in the world. I watched both my grandads die within two weeks of eachother. My father's dad was always a fit and healthy man, he was suddenly taken ill. It was a blood clot. They tried to thin his blood, but it ran into his brain and he went into a coma; living only because of a machine.

My father, his sister and my grandmother made the decision to switch the life support machine off. This is classed as euthanasia. Had he have been left on the LSU he would have probably never come out of the coma but in the slim chance that he did come out of the coma, he would have been brain damaged.

He was a very healthy, fit man. Had he have ended up in disabled, mentally or physically I know he would have hated it. We all know it would have been his own personal hell. It was kinder to let him go. He always said he wanted to die quickly without pain or suffering.

We think he knew he was going to die because a few weeks before he was hospitalized, he started writing down his life's events.

Sometimes euthanasia is the kindest thing. After all, its quality not quantity. I know I would rather lead a short and amazing life, than a long and painful one.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
December 5th, 2006 at 09:15pm
we had a discussion on this topic in humanities.

my opion:
it should be legal. after i saw my granddad's death, how slow and painful it was i believe no one should have to be put through that.
he got extremly sick and couldn't move for about 4 months.
everyday he got worse. but the doctors couldn't do anything beacuse it wasn't legal.

so everyone jst watched him die slowly. should anyone be puth through the pain of watchign a loved one die? no. It's the most horrible torture anyone could go through.

but i think it should be upto the patient. it's their life, they sohuld decide. it's just not fair to anyone to see their loved one die, and no one should live their last few months in so much pain.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
December 5th, 2006 at 09:17pm
Just a ghost:
My Chemical Teenager:

It is the hardest thing in the world. I watched both my grandads die within two weeks of eachother. My father's dad was always a fit and healthy man, he was suddenly taken ill. It was a blood clot. They tried to thin his blood, but it ran into his brain and he went into a coma; living only because of a machine.

i agree. it is the hardest thing i have ever been through. i couldn't bare to see anything like that happen again. and also seeing your perant's cry, its so bad
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
December 8th, 2006 at 12:07pm
wow.can.i.get.sexual:

i agree. it is the hardest thing i have ever been through. i couldn't bare to see anything like that happen again. and also seeing your perant's cry, its so bad

Yeah, when your parents cry it's horrible, absolutly horrible. But I do think that euthanasia is a good idea. I think it's sad that people should have to kill themselves, or get someone to help them die, because their life has got to the state where they feel it isn't worth living. I think that people should have the option to do that if they want.

If the option was there then the people who felt it was the right time for them to die could, and the ones who wanted to fight it out until the end still could.