Don't have an account? Create one!

Adoption

AuthorMessage
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 04:05pm
Would you consider adoption when it's time to have a child?

What can go wrong when adopting a child?
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:06pm
Yes, I would like to adopt, for two reasons:
1- The world has enough children. It'd be nice to adopt one and give it a life it might never have.
2- My pain tolerance is lower then Hell, and people say C-section is more painful than regular birth.
kinney.
Bulletproof Heart
kinney.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:09pm
i may be only 14, but i have no doubts in the fact that i WILL want to adopt when i feel i'm old enough for kids. imagine the wonderful feeling you'll get knowing that you've helped a child have a better life!
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 04:09pm
I feel like I need to go through a pregnancy, and to feel real motherhood. I'm not gonna adopt unless it turns out I can't have children of my own.
kinney.
Bulletproof Heart
kinney.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:11pm
good point, but i'm not ruling out having my own children, it's just that adoption is something that i would have no fear in considering
I'm on the radio!!
Salute You in Your Grave
I'm on the radio!!
May 30th, 2006 at 05:32pm
I like the idea of adoption if it's open to anyone.

I mean there aren't many options if gays or lesbians want to have kids. So adoption is good, but some people dont agree that a child should be brought up by same sex parents. Though they dont mind kids being brought up by single parents.

If I have to I'll adopt with my girlfriend when I'm older. If we're still together.
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:33pm
Yara:
I feel like I need to go through a pregnancy, and to feel real motherhood. I'm not gonna adopt unless it turns out I can't have children of my own.

Yes.
I couldn't feel absolute motherhood for a child that didn't have my DNA, though I am all for adoption.
hmm.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:34pm
I would totally adopt a child. I think it would be the greatest feeling in the world to adopt and know you were able to improve that child's life greatly.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:39pm
I would adopt. I don't really know why, but I'd much rather adopt than have a kid of my own. And the kid needs a home.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
May 30th, 2006 at 05:44pm
I know for a fact that the child would wonder about the real parents. The child may not ask about the topic, but they will wonder.
I am adopted, and I have wondered what my parents are like and all that stuff. And asking the parents is emotionally hard. My parents don't like talking about it at all.
Bite-me-not.
Always Born a Crime
Bite-me-not.
May 30th, 2006 at 05:48pm
I was adopted by my step-father this year. I'm fourteen, and my dad has always been there for me. My real father and I had sort of a falling out after my parents got divorced. So I live with my brother and half (now real according to the court system and myself) sister, and my real mom and the dad who's always been there.

Overall, I am very for adoption. It sure beats the heck out of abortion, and is usually a win-win situation for both families.

I'd probably adopt a child after actually giving birth to one. I feel like it would be needed just to feel like a real mother.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
May 30th, 2006 at 09:14pm
It's good. The world has enough children. Plus, what about people that can't reproduce, or homosexuals, or elder people? And I have a friend, her name is Jinx on INO, who was adopted, her and her sister. I don't know why though.

Totally for it. Yes
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 30th, 2006 at 09:17pm
One of my good friends was adopted.
The way she talks about her adoptive parents is beautiful. I get choked up hearing about it.
She says that she's thankful she gave her parents a light in their life etc.
Also, my aunty and uncle were unable to have children. They considered adoption, but then it turned out my aunty fell pregnant through IVF.

An adopted child might have some concerns, and thoughts about their biological parents, but I'm sure they'd also realise that they've brightened up a life as well.

As for me, I would certainly adopt, if I couldn't have children of my own.
Jack White
Awake and Unafraid
Jack White
May 30th, 2006 at 09:18pm
I think adoption is wonderful, and makes much more sense than spending thousands to go through fertility treatments, and ending up pregnant with 8 children. Overpopulation is a real problem, and adoption is a real solution.
wilson.
Shotgun Sinner
wilson.
May 30th, 2006 at 09:22pm
I don't want to get pregnant at all.

I want to adopt a child or not have one at all.
RioneZ
Thinking Happy Thoughts
RioneZ
May 30th, 2006 at 09:27pm
Adoption is great. Especialy for people who can't have children or gays/lesbians. I will probably adopt children when I'm older.
with.the.chemicals
Bleeding on the Floor
with.the.chemicals
May 30th, 2006 at 09:28pm
I would adopt but I think it's wrong to dump a child of yours.
RioneZ
Thinking Happy Thoughts
RioneZ
May 30th, 2006 at 09:42pm
I think it's fine to put a child up for adoption. If your a teen you probably can't handle the responsibility of a child. Or if you are in some way an unfit parent.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
May 30th, 2006 at 10:12pm
The thing about adoption is that you have to have a good (or at least reasonable) reason to give your child up for adoption.
If you're 13 (or fill in the blank) and you get pregnant, okay, you may not want a child when you're that young.
If you can't afford to have a baby, okay, that's another good reason.
But, if you just don't like the baby, or you don't want all of your friends to make fun of you about your baby, that's a stupid reason.
And I'm not trying to insult anyone by saying this. I'm just saying how I feel about it.

A child bringing up the topic of their real parents to their "adopted parents" is actually a tough topic. The "adopted parents" might be too emotional to deal with the questions the child has about his (or her) biological parents. Or maybe the child wants to meet his/her real parents. If you were in the position of the "adopted parents" and your child walks up to you and asks "Mommy, Daddy. Can I see my real parents?" The "adopted parents" might feel rejected.
I know this because my mom has a really hard time talking about it. I understand how she feels (well, kind of).
that drukq.
Always Born a Crime
that drukq.
May 30th, 2006 at 10:18pm
Yara:
I feel like I need to go through a pregnancy, and to feel real motherhood.

That's exactly how I feel. I want to experiance the whole baby shopping and name choosing thing. I want to go through it all. For one child, that is. If I do infact want more than one child, I'll adopt the next. And like Nikki said, it'd be nice to give a child a life that he/she might never have.

I mean, that is how my brother came to be apart of our family:]