Don't have an account? Create one!

Adoption

AuthorMessage
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
June 6th, 2007 at 04:14am
Cigarettes And Suicide:

I can't speak for your individual situation, there's probably more to it than what you've described here, but women have two ovaries, not just one, so with one removed because of the cyst, you should still have a fairly good chance of falling pregnant if the other isn't damaged. Sure, the chances of you falling pregnant are halved because you have half the amount of eggs now, but chances are still pretty good.

My other ovary has been severly damaged from previous operations on it.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 6th, 2007 at 04:58am
If i couldn't have my own yeah i'd consider it but i'd love a chinese or japanese baby! So cute! But i'd rather try for my own. I'd never have a surrogate mother though too weird.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
June 6th, 2007 at 09:09pm
i want to adopt. their are children that could have a better home and i want to provide it for them. i think the only thing that could go wrong is telling the child that they're adopted. you never know how they will react.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 6th, 2007 at 09:56pm
peter petrelli.:
My other ovary has been severly damaged from previous operations on it. [/quote] Ah, well that would make sense. That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.
I do remember a chick I went to school with had a tumour the size of a small rockmelon removed from one ovary, and announced to everyone that she had to be really careful with her other ovary, and a friend of mine (we both hated this girl) started plotting to kick her in the good ovary or throw a ball at her during Phys Ed or something to destroy her chances of having kids.
Turns out, she's probably ruined herself from doing too many drugs anyway, so beh. But yeah. I'm sorry to hear that... I can't imagine not being able to be a mother.

bamthevampire:
i want to adopt. their are children that could have a better home and i want to provide it for them. i think the only thing that could go wrong is telling the child that they're adopted. you never know how they will react.
If I was to adopt, I would be telling the child from the moment they came into my household. No way would I try to get away with not telling them and hoping they never find out, because not only is that selfish, but detrimental to the child's wellbeing. Imagine being blissfully happy for 18 or 21 years, only to be told, 'By the way, Jim, we're not actually your real parents.' It would absolutely destroy you. Your whole life would be a lie.
Same goes for if you managed to up and die before the child found out. They might do some research one day into their family tree and find adoption records, and bang! suddenly everything they've ever known is fake, their whole life is ruined, and you, you selfish bastard, couldn't even have the balls to tell them before you went and got yourself cremated.
No way. If I were ever to adopt, I'd be telling the kid from the get-go that I chose them to be my child because their real parents were dead/unfit/otherwise unable to give them a good life. A small child can be taught to not only accept, but to appreciate that. An older child or adult can become too wrapped up in the feeling on rejection by their biological parents to accept the good parts of their situation.
It's similar to single mothers getting a new boyfriend and making their kids call the new man 'dad'. That's not your damn dad, that's your mum's boyfriend. Call him by his first name. My ex had a three-year-old daughter and she never once called me 'mum'. She knew full well she had a mum who didn't want anything to do with her, and although I was her mother in every way but biological, she always called me 'Donna' and things were fine. There was no confusion or distress when the relationship with her father ended.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 6th, 2007 at 10:05pm
I could feel complete motherhood for an adopted child. My cousin was apodted and I know that my aunt really sees her as her own child, and my cousin sees my aunt as her real mom. Some adopted children dont feel comfertable knowing the family isnt really theirs, but I have seen many adopted kinda happy with their family even if they are not the same DNA. I am totally for adoption. I am planning on having most of my children, but I would like to adopt at least one child. I think adoption is great.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 6th, 2007 at 11:32pm
^ That's kind of like the situation with my husband and his mother. Of course, she's not his real mum, she and his dad got together when he was six or seven, and so she's been his mum for the majority of his life - he hasn't seen or spoken to his real mother since he was two.
She loves him as her own, and I guess he feels the same. What bothers her is the fact that her family refuses to acknowledge my husband as her son - they always refer to him as 'Wayne's son,' not 'Briona and Wayne's son'. It really hurts her, because although she and Wayne aren't married and she has never officially adopted him, she has done everything but the paperwork as far as being his mother is concerned. And it really annoys her that her parents single my husband out for certain treatment, just because he's not her biological son. My brother-in-law, who is the biological son of Briona and Wayne, is treated like any other of their grandkids, but my husband doesn't get presents at Christmas and birthdays, just a card (out of obligation), they never want him to come visit when the rest of the family goes to see them, and if he does go, they spend the entire 'holiday' making him feel incredibly unwelcome. It's pathetic. Briona has been my husband's mother since he was six, and loves him just as much as her own son.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 12:36am
i would adopt but i want to have my own so that way i experince it all. you only live once why not help out some homeless kids?
Casimir Pulaski Day
Shotgun Sinner
Casimir Pulaski Day
June 7th, 2007 at 12:39am
Would you consider adoption when it's time to have a child?

As of now, I definitely would. I might want to have children of my own someday, but I will always consider the option. There are plenty of children that need a home and caring parents who want them.
XLaurenXLoveX
Killjoy
XLaurenXLoveX
June 7th, 2007 at 06:56pm
I would very easily adopt a child when Im older. I mean, yes, I will have a few of my own children but I have always wanted to adopt.

My mother has HIV, and has had it since before I was born, and since she had a C section I didnt get it. My dad died from aids 2 years ago, so yet again I could have easily gotten it from his DNA. But I didnt.

Now Im trying to convince my mom to adopt. I really want a baby brother or sister. Hopefully sister. Im thinking shes starting to crack on the idea. And when she does say yes, Im all up for helping with a baby.

The only problem is that we would have to hire a nanny to watch the baby while Im at school and shes at work.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 7th, 2007 at 07:59pm
^^ nothing is wrong with a nanny as long as its someone you can trust and you can afford. Unless of course you dont want a nanny, then in that case, your stuck.
XLaurenXLoveX
Killjoy
XLaurenXLoveX
June 7th, 2007 at 08:48pm
oh I know that nothing is wrong with it.
its just we arent a family to have a lot of money
and nannys tend to be costly after a while
feardeath
Fabulous Killjoy
feardeath
June 9th, 2007 at 11:23pm
I think adoption is good for couples who can't have their own child...
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 10th, 2007 at 12:42am
feardeath:
I think adoption is good for couples who can't have their own child...

What about couples that just want to adopt?
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
June 10th, 2007 at 03:21pm
I think would opt for adoption over my own kids.

I don't know about other regions, but in my region, there more kids who need loving parents then parents who want to adopt kids.

i also think it's great that they are making new laws so gay / lesbian couples and single people can adopt (at least in England)
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
June 11th, 2007 at 04:38pm
if i were ever to adopt a child i want to adopt one that is
troubled cause i will be able to relate to the kid.... i want
to adopt one of the children that most ppl wouldnt
even consider adopting
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:48pm
EmoCandy:
even consider adopting

*nods* sounds like a really good idea. I agree.
Heather18
Killjoy
Heather18
June 13th, 2007 at 01:35pm
i don't know but i was and im fine
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 13th, 2007 at 06:48pm
EmoCandy:
even consider adopting
That's the problem with adoptions - a lot of parents sign up to adopt a child, daydream about a perfect little baby who they can mold to become a mini-clone of their new mum and dad, and assume that there will be no emotional or behavioural problems attached to their new bundle of joy.
And then, they get a toddler or an older child from the agency, and a month later they go back and beg to be given an 'unbroken' one, because they can't deal with the behavioural/emotional issues their new child has, and as it's not a 'perfect' son or daughter, they don't want it anymore.

Yeah, it sounds like a good idea, adopt a troubled kid because 'you could relate to it', but the fact of the matter is, by the time you're, say, 30, married, and in a position to adopt, you won't be capable of dealing with such a child anymore - you can make friends with kids like yourself at your age because you have things in common, but when you're a parent dealing with a difficult child, it's hard to forge a bond or find the love for that child that every parent is supposed to feel.
My husband's father went through his share of problems and had a very troubled childhood (that continued well into his adulthood), so one would think his tolerance, especially where his own children were concerned, would be amazing. Nope. My husband had a fairly miserable childhood, was kicked out of home in his teens, and to this day has a pretty bad relationship with his father because his father always thinks he knows better. So it goes to show that not everyone who is troubled as a kid, is able to be patient and tolerant of a troubled child when they become parents.
Heather18
Killjoy
Heather18
June 14th, 2007 at 10:14am
Yes i would because i was adopted
Andrew Morrison.
Jazz Hands
Andrew Morrison.
June 20th, 2007 at 04:12am
My friend is adopted and when she found out a few months ago she tried to kill herself. I think that Adoption is good but aslong as the child knows the situation.