Don't have an account? Create one!

Adoption

AuthorMessage
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
October 5th, 2006 at 10:41pm
I don't like adoption.

Those kids are only there because their parents are irresopnsible,can't take care of them,or have died.

If they have died,the children should go live with the closest relative. They have to have somebody!
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 6th, 2006 at 08:02am
Dying;Tradgedy:
I don't like adoption.

Those kids are only there because their parents are irresopnsible,can't take care of them,or have died.

If they have died,the children should go live with the closest relative. They have to have somebody!
What about kids of people with mental disabilities? It happens.

And some people really don't have relatives that are capable of raising a child. Besides, imagined if it happened to you. Say perhaps when you're nineteen (thus legally an adult) someone close to you were to leave behind three very young children. Wouldn't it be healthier all ways round for them to have a place to go with someone who has experience in caring for children? You can't just make people look after other people's kids. Its not fair on them and it wouldn't be fair on the kids.

And if the parents are irresponsible, thats not the kids' fault or the adoptive parents'. And lets face it, people make mistakes. Sometimes its really not the best thing for the biological parents to look after the kids.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 6th, 2006 at 02:51pm
^I agree to that last statement. It brings to mind the case of a mentally ill woman who had five children under the age of 10, thought that the devil was possessing her, and killed them while her husband was at work. Then she called the police and told them what she had done.

Perhaps, is she had been evaluated as unstable or unable to care for children, those five lives could have been spared.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
October 6th, 2006 at 03:11pm
I think that if you adopt a child, you need to let them know that they are in fact adopted.

I'm 14 now, and my parents told me when I was 12.
I was angry with them that night, but then I started crying and hugging them like crazy, seeing how brave they are for taking in a stranger's child.

It's not like the child is never going to find out, so it's best to tell them when they are young and explain to them why their real parents didn't want them.

All I know about my parents is that my mom was an artist and a dancer and my dad was six feet four inces tall.

And that's it. Nothing more.

I don't even know why they gave me up, and I'm afraid to ask my parents because they don't like talking about the fact that I'm not "theirs".
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 7th, 2006 at 04:35am
I think kids should always be told the truth. Some might take it that they were unwanted, but their adoptive parents really need to drive home the message that they wanted them. If their parents are dead, it is important that they understand that too.

I think some parents don't tell their children because it seems more real if they don't know. They think that their child might treat them differently if they know that they're not their biological parents.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 7th, 2006 at 02:57pm
I think a lot of adopted children are looking at things the wrong way when they hate that they are adopted or don't think they are really part of the family because they are adopted.

So listen up. YOU WERE CHOSEN. Your adoptive parents CHOSE you. They wanted you in the family, wanted to love you, hold you when you cried, kiss away the hurt.

It's not about being unwanted by your biological parents. It's about being wanted by the people that are now your parents.

Personally, I believe that family is family, whether you chose that family or they are yours by blood is regardless.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 10th, 2006 at 07:30am
bloodredruby69:
I think a lot of adopted children are looking at things the wrong way when they hate that they are adopted or don't think they are really part of the family because they are adopted.

So listen up. YOU WERE CHOSEN. Your adoptive parents CHOSE you. They wanted you in the family, wanted to love you, hold you when you cried, kiss away the hurt.

It's not about being unwanted by your biological parents. It's about being wanted by the people that are now your parents.

Personally, I believe that family is family, whether you chose that family or they are yours by blood is regardless.

That's an amazing statement.

Think about it, be happy that you were adopted in the first place if you are and are angry about it. Like Ruby said, they CHOSE you aout of every other kid they could have, and that's really quite special.

Consider yourself lucky, you could be one of those kids who is never adopted and has no family. It's a touchy subject, but you know that they love you regardless.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 10th, 2006 at 01:57pm
Well, if you couldn't have kids then I guess it's okay to adopt, but I'd rather have my own
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
October 12th, 2006 at 09:05pm
1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until a moderator comes online and deals with it.
Horhay the Toucan
Jazz Hands
Horhay the Toucan
November 9th, 2006 at 01:59pm
I don't know if I would adopt, but I think that people that are adopted are extra lucky in a way, because their parents chose them.
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
November 9th, 2006 at 08:40pm
I think adoption is acceptable. There are reasons for why people put their child up for adoption. They may not have the mental stability, the money, they were forced to do so, or they wanted the best for their children and they didn't think they would have given their child a good life. I'm just naming a few here. I would like to adopt, I think it's a wonderful Idea. I think people adopt because they want to love that child as if their own. This is just my opinion here.
HeartShaped--Glasses
Killjoy
HeartShaped--Glasses
November 12th, 2006 at 01:09am
I would never give my child up for adoption but I would adopt a child if I was unable to have children.

I was adopted at 3 weeks old and I have absolutely no idea who my parents are,I would not want to put my child through that.
seven dollar bill
Killjoy
seven dollar bill
November 12th, 2006 at 11:42am
Adoption is an A+ decision. I'm adopted, I'm happy, and I someday hope to seek out my birth mother.

bloodredruby69:

I really don't think you should be judging a group of people like that. It's unfair to them and to the emotions that they're feeling, especially since it seems you don't have any experience in being adopted.

I do consider myself lucky. I am incredibly grateful to my parents, and I will love them until I die. However, I can understand where a lot of adopted people are coming from, especially when there's, often times, such an emphasis placed on blood and that bond of it. When you have people who tell you that your real parents are the ones whom you've never met, but with whom you share strings of DNA, and not the ones who love you and clothe you and feed you; you might feel detatched, too. I did.
Fatally Yours
Jazz Hands
Fatally Yours
November 12th, 2006 at 12:38pm
I think adoption is a good thing.

True, many children are up for adoption because of lack of protection, or parents not wanting the responsibilites of a child.

But what about children whose parents can't support them? Children from third world countries, survivors of famine and disease. Orphans?

There are children out there with no living relatives.

Or kids with mental disabilities. People actually give up their children after finding out that they are mentally disabled. Those kids deserve a good home.

In my opinion, adoption is a wonderful thing for a person adopting a child, but sickens me when people give up their kids for their own selfish reasons.
HeartShaped--Glasses
Killjoy
HeartShaped--Glasses
November 17th, 2006 at 05:34am
I personally think that even though you have been chosen by a family (who I love to bits) there is still a huge feeling of rejection from your birth parents.
Wil Francis
Joining The Black Parade
Wil Francis
November 26th, 2006 at 05:22pm
who would wanna adopt there kid 2 someone whos not in there blood.dosnet it make u feel horrible inside and latr on that child gets hurt inside.i no im nvr gonna do that
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
November 26th, 2006 at 06:20pm
kutekid12:
who would wanna adopt there kid 2 someone whos not in there blood.dosnet it make u feel horrible inside and latr on that child gets hurt inside.i no im nvr gonna do that

But, if there's no one in the family capable of raising a child, then an outside family is the only choice. Personally, I wouldn't want to give up my son or daughter to a family member who's incapable of raising a child, let alone themselves.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
November 26th, 2006 at 06:50pm
If i ever get married, I'm definitly going to adopt.
I don't think anything 'bad' can happen when you adopt a child...unless their rebels, but i wouldn't care. i would love to have a kid like me =D
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
November 27th, 2006 at 03:57am
In my opinion, putting your child up for adoption just because you dont want it is so selfish. But if you cant sustain another persons life (for whatever reason, money, emotional instability), then I find it aacceptable.

I think that I will adopt. Over population is a big issue for me, and i feel no need to bring another life into this world when theres already too many.

If/When i adopt my child, I will make sure that 'it' always knows that 'it' was adopted, so that there isnt a night that i have to sit him/her down and tell it that 'its' whole life has been a lie.

Sorry if i have offended anyone.

-S
Disappearing_Act
Killjoy
Disappearing_Act
November 27th, 2006 at 11:00am
I'm adopted. I don't resent the fact that I never met my biological parents, and I'm certainly not resentful of the fact that said biological parents had to give me up. I came from a pretty poor country, so it's perfectly understandable. I think that adoption is a very good thing, and in my eyes, it's just as beautiful to adopt a child and give it a chance at a good life as it is to actually give birth to a child. My parents told me from the start that I was adopted, so I get the chance to feel really lucky when we talk about it. So, if my parents had the heart to adopt me, I figure the best thing I could do is to do the same by adopting a child when I'm old enough.