Don't have an account? Create one!

Adoption

AuthorMessage
yourjustjealous.x
Salute You in Your Grave
yourjustjealous.x
June 27th, 2006 at 12:17am
I think adoption is a good thing, as long as you are going into a suitable home. I've heard of abusive adoptive parents and what not.

I was adopted and I love/hate it, I have a very large family, and i've kept in contact with my biological mother and what not, so It makes it seem 'almost' okay.

But yeah,
I'm totally for adoption.
Poopsie
Shotgun Sinner
Poopsie
July 4th, 2006 at 06:09pm
I am for adoption, but I never plan on adopting. Like Yara said, I would want to have my own child. But I only want one. So if I happen to be infertile, I might do it. The thing that is really scary is if you have your adopted child, they call you mom, and the real parent wants the child back. What are you going to do, especially if the biological mother gets her child? That is why I am kind of iffy about it.
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
July 4th, 2006 at 06:13pm
i want to have a child of my own and adopt one, but, like ## said, the fact that it may be taken away from me is scaring me....

Adoption is a great way to make a child happy. You give it loving parents and a home filled with love. Many childern never experience that.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
July 4th, 2006 at 07:09pm
I'd like my own biological child, but I see nothing wrong with adoption. I think it's great for people who can't have children or who just want to adopt.
Plus there are so many children that need homes.
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
July 4th, 2006 at 07:19pm
one person from my school i just finished
(the nicest person ever ,stopped me self harming n well everything ,her and the music of mcr did at one point save my life)
adopted a child and that is right and great.im also all for same sex couples adopting.
BUT
there have been several horrifying cases on the news where evil people have adopted and abused children.
so i am all for it but..
i belive the background checks should be more thourough and if someone has ever been on the sex offenders list shoul'dnt be allowed to adopt even if they've been took off recently.
Bleeding.On.The.Floorx
Fabulous Killjoy
Bleeding.On.The.Floorx
July 7th, 2006 at 12:38pm
i'm all for adoption. the children would so rather have a happy loving home than living in a centre wouldnt they? also, if you adopted them as a baby they would only know you as a parent anyway, it would be like your own. the only thing is, a friend of my sisters biological parents got back in touch and want to see her and everything again.. then it can go belly-up
A cruce salus
Salute You in Your Grave
A cruce salus
July 7th, 2006 at 12:44pm
Yay for adoption! the world is overpopulating and people still want to have kids..I don't say it's bad, but if you don't want to go through labor, go for adoption! and it is nice because those kids are homeless and you are helping them grow up in a familiar environment. My little cousin is adopted and everyone loves him just as he is. maybe I'll go for adoption someday...
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 14th, 2006 at 02:37pm
all for it. i see nothing wrong in giving an unwanted child a good home.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
July 26th, 2006 at 01:42pm
I don't think the birth mom can really take the child back. They have to sign papers and all saying that they are giving the child up.
The thing with my brother was that his birth mom didn't go to the place to sign the papers until two weeks after my adopted parents had him, so they were all worried they'd have to give him back. So when they adopted me, they made my birth mom sign the papers before my adopted parents took me home, which I think is a very good idea.
I Won't See You Tonight
Shotgun Sinner
I Won't See You Tonight
August 3rd, 2006 at 09:34pm
I'm adopted, so I know exactly what's it like, you can kind of feel confused, but I think adoption is a good thing.

There are so many kids in the world and by just adopting them, you can give them a life that they probably would have never dreamed of.

I will probably have kids of my own, but I might adopt too.
gabbagabbahey
Jazz Hands
gabbagabbahey
August 16th, 2006 at 02:32pm
i think people should adopt more, well if they can handle it. kids in those foster homes or orphanages (sp) are deperate for a home and a real family. adopting a kid could change their lives forever and save them from having possible mental problems. all a kid really needs a love.
Silver_Bullet
Joining The Black Parade
Silver_Bullet
August 17th, 2006 at 12:05pm
adopting kids is helping people out, some parents have to put their kids up for adoption for them to have a good life. i mean people who just never wanted a kid and put it up for adoption are just plain out horrible and stupid
Beautiful Monster
Bleeding on the Floor
Beautiful Monster
August 20th, 2006 at 02:08am
adoption rules my parents put me up for adoption once i was adopted by a really nice family but a few years later they dumped me back at hte foster home for osme reason unknown to me and when i was ten my real parents came and got me lol Very Happy
ilovegfmbr
Killjoy
ilovegfmbr
August 20th, 2006 at 02:25am
I was adopted when I was 6 weeks old, so was my brother ( not biological), my mom wanted kids but her first husband couldn't do it, so thats what they decided. she divorced him because of abuse, and married my dad. (not biological) they had 3 kids together. At times I feel left out because I am not really their kid, but overall, I believe my life could have been a lot worse. My real parents were college students who realized they couldn't offer me the life I deserved, and they made a brave decision, I have 2 kids of my own now, both of which I had very young, and I considered adoption due to my age and education limits at the time, but decided to keep them and I have NO regrets. There is no way I could have given them up, I am not that strong... to go through life knowing I have babies out ther but not knowing their destiny.... I couldn't do it. Kudos to those who make the hard choice...a better life. Also to those who make the hard decision to raise a child with unknown histories, my adopted brother has had problems all his life, it is believed his real mom was a drug user during pregnancy, which affected his entire life, yet my folks raised him and loved him the best way they could. That takes real guts.
Raven of Azarath
Salute You in Your Grave
Raven of Azarath
August 27th, 2006 at 04:01am
i'd probably have my own kid and adopt another. makes sense to me. but adoption is really expensive. over $20,000
Other.
Bleeding on the Floor
Other.
August 27th, 2006 at 03:08pm
funkyviolatown:
i'd probably have my own kid and adopt another. makes sense to me. but adoption is really expensive. over $20,000

Why is it so much?
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
September 6th, 2006 at 09:39am
Darth Yara:
I feel like I need to go through a pregnancy, and to feel real motherhood. I'm not gonna adopt unless it turns out I can't have children of my own.

All my life, i couldn't wait to experience being a mother, and experiencing pregnancy.

But recently, i had test run for a Kidney infection, and it showed i had a 5 cm Cyst in my ovary, and they have to remove my entire right ovary.

The chances of me actually becoming pregnant are practically none, and for a while, i was extremely depressed.

But do you know what i realised?

I can now change the life of someone else, and create happiness out of my misfortune.

I still envy people who can experience pregnancy and secretly loath people who just don't want kids, but thats a resentment i have to learn to live with.
Disgusting
Bleeding on the Floor
Disgusting
September 6th, 2006 at 07:11pm
I'd adopt a teenager. Since I actualy HATE kids.
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
October 5th, 2006 at 11:41am
think adoption is worthwhile, it would be great to help a child who is already there and needs you rather than to have your own child when there are kids out there who have never known the pleasure of a loving family
...Em...
Salute You in Your Grave
...Em...
October 5th, 2006 at 12:19pm
I'm for adoption, But I just wonder what it would be like to be in a family where one child was adopted and one child was a biological son/daughter. Do you think it would be difficult for one of the children?