Don't have an account? Create one!

Adoption

AuthorMessage
dearsami
Demolition Lover
dearsami
May 30th, 2006 at 10:22pm
Adoption is great if you know you can't take care of a baby, it's much better than abortion. I would adopt.
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
May 31st, 2006 at 05:37am
Would you consider adoption when it's time to have a child?
-I have already considered it. Being my orientation, I probibly will never have the chance to adopt one.
-But, given the chance, Yes, I would adopt. I am personally terrified of the idea of pregnancy. There are so many children who are already alive and they crave attention and love. Its the best thing I can do for the world, and its to Adopt A Child.

What can go wrong when adopting a child?
-I think the main thing that could go wrong would be to wait too long to tell your child that they are adopted; sort of like, hoping that they would never find out sort of thing.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
May 31st, 2006 at 05:39am
Adoption is great.
Errr, period.
Victoria in Transit
In The Murder Scene
Victoria in Transit
May 31st, 2006 at 05:49am
I am gonna adopt.
End of story.
It gives a child a home and saves me from physical pain.
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
May 31st, 2006 at 01:22pm
i don't see anything wrong with adoption. You adopt homeless kids and in return, they give you happiness which is a good thing. It's like giving poor kids a chance to feel loved. i'm okay with adoption but i don't think i'm gonna adopt cuz i wanna be pregnant and have a baby of my own.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 31st, 2006 at 01:22pm
Yara:
I feel like I need to go through a pregnancy, and to feel real motherhood.

Ahh, instincts.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
May 31st, 2006 at 01:31pm
If I ever have children they will be adopted.

I don't want to bring a child into this world and watch it become destoryed by society. Besides, there are millions of orphans out there who deserve a home, not least in places such as the people's republic of China. I'd rather adopt a child from there than have it murdered for being female or something. I don't feel the need to populate the planet with one more baby when so many are suffering.
The Suspect
Really Not Okay
The Suspect
May 31st, 2006 at 01:37pm
Bloodraine:
If I ever have children they will be adopted.

I don't feel the need to populate the planet with one more baby when so many are suffering.

that was great. Thumb up
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
May 31st, 2006 at 01:37pm
Adoption is great. espicially for someone that can`t
have childeren and it also gives childeren homes and most importantly, love .
juggalette4204lyfe
Joining The Black Parade
juggalette4204lyfe
June 3rd, 2006 at 03:02am
I had actually planned to adopt kids in the future. Now if I adopt before I have my own kid, or after, is still undecided, but I do know that I will adopt.

As for what could go wrong with it, lots of things ...
Like a person mentioned earlier, bringing up the subject with your adopted kid.
Then the horror that the real parents might actual want their kid back in the future. Those cases can get pretty ugly.
The adopted kid rebelling against you because they're parents left them and such.
Etc. Etc.

Adopting is a great offer for those who can't have kids, or don't want one of their own. However, just because a parent put their kid up for adoption does not mean that they disowned that kid. It just means that the parents knew that they couldn't handle what they were about to get into, and made a decision that would forever help that child. For those kids who are in the adoption agencies forever, I feel sorry for them. Most people want to adopt a kid when they are little, and some of those kids are in there for years on end, and some up until they turn 18. Another bad thing about adoption is brothers/sisters. A family can choose to adopt just one, and I think that they should adopt both. The fact that those kids have each other for so long, and then all of a sudden one is taken away has to cause huge pain to the other and put them in a state of depression. True, the world does have enough people in it already but for every child that is born another dies. We have a lot of issues in the US with poverty and I wish there was something I could do. Most people in the US have kids, just so they can get money for them .. such as welfare and tax returns .. and those people are the kind that make me mad. However, there are some that have the kids and raise them the best that they can even though they are in poverty and I congradulate those people for not giving up on life. I love kids, but as of right now (age 17) I know that I am not ready for one of my own ... but when I am and if I'm not with anybody I will consider adopting myself. And if I am with somebody, we will have to sit down and have a deep discussion about this topic because I want to do it no matter what. If my other can't accept that, then we're not meant for each other and it's best that I found out then before we had a kid of our own together.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 3rd, 2006 at 03:13am
I would go through adoption if ever I'm barren. I have fertility issues and there's a big chance that I might be barren.
AttentionReader
Fabulous Killjoy
AttentionReader
June 3rd, 2006 at 03:03pm
When I get older, I plan to go to China, and adopt a little girl. Sounds crazy, huh?
mcrghost14
Killjoy
mcrghost14
June 5th, 2006 at 03:53pm
my pain tolerance isn't really high and i'd like to help a little child in need of a family. and because my aunt dies giving birth and i have a fear of giving birth so either i'll adopt or not have a kid at all.
Im a Crazy Bitch
Jazz Hands
Im a Crazy Bitch
June 6th, 2006 at 04:34pm
i think adoption is especially good for those who cannot give birth or are afraid of birth and because of all of those children who don't have homes i think it is improtant to adopt them like me i would probably adopt and then have my own children the love would be the same and i would be able to handle children but i thin its wrong for people to adopt just to see if they can handle children because they normally screw up the adopted childrens lives
Hubert Cumberdale
Always Born a Crime
Hubert Cumberdale
June 7th, 2006 at 08:30pm
Personally, I want my child to be my biological offspring, but I see nothing wrong with adoption. Esecially if you adopt from a third-world-country or a family that cannot take care of the child, then in most cases you are saving the childs life.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
June 8th, 2006 at 04:53pm
When im old enough to have a child i would like to both adopt and have a child of my own bc i think either way u would have a really good feeling knowing u helped a child and the fact that u actually have a child of ur own.
keleigh/vampiress
Bleeding on the Floor
keleigh/vampiress
June 8th, 2006 at 11:11pm
i would definately adopt if i couldn't have kids of my own. my friend was adopted... and i am thankful she is there for me every day...
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
June 8th, 2006 at 11:13pm
me and my family actually found out a few years ago that i MIGHT not be able to have kids when im older so i could end up adopting but either way i love children and as long as i have a child it doesnt matter if they r adopted or not.
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
June 8th, 2006 at 11:27pm
when my mom was only a few months old, she was adopted. my grandparents and all of my mom's side of the family may be absolutely insane, but they love her just like she was their blood. and i would like to adopt a kid of my own one day.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
June 26th, 2006 at 08:59pm
I was adopted when I was 3 days old-ish, when I got out of the hospital I think. My birth mom couldn't take care of another kid, seeing as how she was a single parent with 3 kids, different fathers for each. My mom now (who I do consider my real mom, even though she's not) couldn't have kids, so she adopted me and my brother.
I can't say that I never think of my birth mom, but I don't think about her every day, but sometimes....I don't know, you just want to know who she was, what she looked like....All I know is that she's tall, which isn't a lot of information. I think that once you're 18 or something you can ask some agency or something that you want to see your birth parents, and if they ask too you get to see each other or something. I really don't know, but I find everything gets awkward when I bring it up in my family....