Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
September 7th, 2007 at 01:04am
asha molly.:

All you're saying there though is that it didn't work for your mother.
So what? I'm sure there are soooo many cases out there where things have worked out well.
And just because somebody falls pregnant, it doesn't mean they are forced into marriage. As x-Hail Of Bullets-x said, that may have been the case 30 years ago, but things are entirely different now.

Also, you say "I think that if she hadn't gotten pregnant and been rushed into a marriage that maybe she wouldn't have gotten divorced the first time", I don't think it's really the fact that she was pregnant that would have led to the divorce, I think it would have been more to do with the whole being rushed into marriage thing.
But admittedly, I can't say because I don't know the whole story.
That's just my opinion.

AGAIN: I meant that it would be easier. I'm not focused on 30 years ago, I'm focused on now. And I'm saying it's easier to raise a child when you have a stable partner there.
being married just ensures that, but I'm not saying it's neccesary.

stop twisting my words, it's really beginning to piss me off.

And I believe I said "I think that if my mother hadn't gotten pregnant then she wouldn't have been rushed into marriage and gotten the first divorce" or something to that effect.
meaning her rushing into marriage is what I think caused the downfall.
and pregnancy made that happen.
and I'm not saying my mother failed at being a teen parent, I think it was a lot easier for her because she had my dad there all the time and not gallavanting around with his friends.

because in most cases, the father is still a teen and in school and probably living with his parents.
he has no way of providing a real amount of child support.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 7th, 2007 at 05:13am
well, i'm going to go with the opinion of my religion on this one...

when a teenager gets pregnant it doesn't mean that they should get married... or any person that gets pregnant out of wedlock for that matter... that particular couple has to look and see what would be best, first and foremost for the child, and then for themselves...

take my biological parents for instance... my "mom" had me when she was 17. i have no idea how old my "dad" was... in case you haven't gathered by now, i'm adopted... i turned out just fine... i guess if you can say how i turned out considering i'm only 18... well, that's just my opinion... one of many...
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
September 7th, 2007 at 07:18am
bitches got stiches(love the name btw) HAS a point. It would be a helluva lot esier to raise a baby with a partner to help you, BUT it is not impossible to do so without one. My mother did it, and I think she did a damn fine job.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
September 7th, 2007 at 08:35am
genresR4losers:
well, i'm going to go with the opinion of my religion on this one...

when a teenager gets pregnant it doesn't mean that they should get married... or any person that gets pregnant out of wedlock for that matter... that particular couple has to look and see what would be best, first and foremost for the child, and then for themselves...

that's definitely NOT a religious opinion/view. just saying.

Stripey-Stripes.:
bitches got stiches(love the name btw) HAS a point. It would be a helluva lot esier to raise a baby with a partner to help you, BUT it is not impossible to do so without one. My mother did it, and I think she did a damn fine job.

my mother is doing a pretty good job without my father, too.
all I was trying to say, is that being a teen parent is fucking hard, and it would be a lot easier if you had someone who was guaranteed to always be there.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
September 7th, 2007 at 06:09pm
^^I agree. To the fullest extent. I'm not claiming that it would be pie, I'm just saying that it can be done, and the mother can finish her education.
Of ocurse, we're talking like the father will pull a fast one, I'm sure there are plenty of boys who would stay to help.
Hopefully.
Very Happy
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
September 8th, 2007 at 09:03am
I think they can panic just as much as the mothers though.
you know, it's an accident and it's just kinda out of left field.
not all of them stick around though, but sometimes the mother doesn't want them to.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
September 8th, 2007 at 02:56pm
bitches get stitches:

I would appreciate it if you didn't call my opinions stupid and naive.

What I meant, but I guess it didn't come across that way, is that it would be an easier situation for everyone.
and my mother was a teen parent, and has since made me go through two divorces.
I think that if she hadn't gotten pregnant and been rushed into a marriage that maybe she wouldn't have gotten divorced the first time.

I guess I'm the only one here who has actually been taught how to do a formal debate.
You don't insult the opposing sides opinions, you just state your rebuttle and tell them YOUR opinion.
You don't add little snide comments about how their opinion is stupid or how you think they're naive.

Well I guess it's a good thing this isn't a 'formal debate' then isn't it? Very Happy
And anyway I was stating MY OPINON. No one has to agree with it, no one has to even think it has good points, it's just what I think.

Anyways, back on point.
After reading further posts made by you, I don't think you understood what I was saying [or you could have, who knows].
I'm not trying to say that being a single mum is better option than being married.
I had a single mum also, and I know it isn't easy.
What I was saying is just that because two people may be together & have a baby [planned or not] doesn't automatically mean they HAVE to be married to be good parents.
You can still have a partner, and support [financial & emotional] without being married, which I think happens alot in our society today.

I personally never want to get married, I'm not religious & I think the only place marriage has in our society is in religion. I think people can be in love & be good parents without having a ceritificate saying that they do in fact love each other.
IMO marriage seems a little pointless.

Thats what I saying when I said that that's the way things happened 30 years ago, but things have changed.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
September 8th, 2007 at 11:18pm
x-Hail Of Bullets-x:
Anyways, back on point.
After reading further posts made by you, I don't think you understood what I was saying [or you could have, who knows].
I'm not trying to say that being a single mum is better option than being married.
I had a single mum also, and I know it isn't easy.
What I was saying is just that because two people may be together & have a baby [planned or not] doesn't automatically mean they HAVE to be married to be good parents.
You can still have a partner, and support [financial & emotional] without being married, which I think happens alot in our society today.

I personally never want to get married, I'm not religious & I think the only place marriage has in our society is in religion. I think people can be in love & be good parents without having a ceritificate saying that they do in fact love each other.
IMO marriage seems a little pointless.

Thats what I saying when I said that that's the way things happened 30 years ago, but things have changed.

I'm just saying it would be easier.
I'm not religious either, and I kind of don't like marriage that much [or the idea of getting pregnant], but I just think for a young woman it would make it all much easier.
Tchaikovsky
Fabulous Killjoy
Tchaikovsky
September 11th, 2007 at 11:25pm
It depends, if they were raped and got pregnant,it's not their fault.
But I think it's a mistake that is never thought out.
As long as responsibility is taken I don't have a problem.
As long you admit you made mistake it's ok.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
September 15th, 2007 at 04:52pm
I just think it's the teenagers fault if they fall pregnant unless they were raped.

I just think that nowadays if a teenager falls pregnant she knows due to benefits she will be able to cope no worries. But if the benefits were taken away i reckon the amount of underage pregnancies will go down.
My mum always says that there is so much conception nowadays that she can't understand how so many girls are becoming pregnant.
I also blame alcohol and drugs. A lot of people have sex while they are wasted and/or drunk so they can't remember what they did and sometimes who they did it with.
In the end it's the baby I feel sorry for.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
September 18th, 2007 at 08:59pm
so yeah it will make things so much harder and sometimes better but most of the time you have to do stuff to do with the baby and if they get themselves pregnant its their responsibility from there on out, i woudn't but there are people that would
ghost man on third.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ghost man on third.
September 19th, 2007 at 12:16am
I turned out fine. I think. Maybe.
Ahah.
That's really all I have to add to this thread.
My thoughts on teen pregnancy have pretty much been covered with other people's posts.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 13th, 2007 at 11:36pm
ok... sorry but im going to have to be a bitch here.... my boyfriend and i have been really close for two years and we just started datin a lil over a month ago.... hes really religious and didnt believe in sex before marriage, but two nights ago i was at his house and he totally stripped me down... i am 18 and we didnt use protection. i really wouldnt know right now if im pregnant, but for the first time in my life i can say that i love someone and they are the same way. even though hes 20, i am young and i think that i could handle it. and for some people it would be stupid, but if you know that you love someone and that you can depend on them there really is no problem. i am excited and worried tho about it but it will be a great expirience for both of us! Very Happy
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 13th, 2007 at 11:55pm
I also agree with 'dizzy water' - to me, I find it shocking that teens still get pregnant when they are perfectly sober.

I can understand getting caught up in the moment, but you can do other things which don't involve penetration.
Mychemicalromance5
Killjoy
Mychemicalromance5
October 14th, 2007 at 07:07pm
Teenage pregnancy is obviously a rising issue, though there isn't much we can do about their decisions to have unprotected sex.

I personally would not have a child in my teenage years, but that's me.
There's a girl in my high school whom I see every morning who is pregnant.
There's times when she looks happy, and there's times when she appears miserable.

As for the issue of keeping the child, if you made the irresponsible decision to have unprotected sex, then it is your responsibility. Adoption is always an option but why punish your child for your poor choice?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 15th, 2007 at 05:44am
Ashleigh ANOREXIC.:
Haha.
Stupid whores.
Hope they die while having the baby, they deserve it.

If you're going to throw around silly things like this, please leave. Well, at least this section of the board anyway.

This is a discussion thread, for people to discuss teen pregnancy, not a chance for you to name call and say horrible things like "I hope they die". For all you know, there are people here who are/were teen mothers.

And if it was intended to be a joke, then it wasn't funny by any stretch of the imagination.

Rolling Eyes
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
October 15th, 2007 at 12:02pm
Alexander Gaskarth!:

deleted.

Marriage doesn't change a thing unless the two people involved are 100% committed to it. Just because you throw a wedding and have a piece of paper saying "till death do us part" doesn't guarantee your child a better and brighter future. Yes, it might change certain attitudes if you have a husband to refer to, but that's about it. Parenthood in any age requires commitment and the ability to put your child's need in front of your own.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 15th, 2007 at 06:17pm
Marriage might give an extra sense of security, but a legal contract doesn't mean you'll have a happy, loving home.
rollertoaster
Fabulous Killjoy
rollertoaster
October 16th, 2007 at 05:02am
I think that teen pregnancy is just like any other form of pregnancy.

But the girls better know what the hell they are getting themselves into before they willingly have sex, they should know the consequences.

If it's rape, i could understand, but really. they should try and just not have sex, especially not without protection
heatha hustla
Banned
heatha hustla
October 18th, 2007 at 03:09pm
selectsami!:
I don't like teen pregnancy.
Idiots, they're idiots for getting pregnant!
And than some go and try to get abortions, it's their fault for having sex!

abortions?
wow. How caring can you get.

The baby still deserves life, whether it's with its biological parents or not