Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
heatha hustla
Banned
heatha hustla
October 18th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Oh, and btw i wasn't directing that to you.
But to the people who do get them..
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 05:46pm
heatha hustla:
selectsami!:
I don't like teen pregnancy.
Idiots, they're idiots for getting pregnant!
And than some go and try to get abortions, it's their fault for having sex!

abortions?
wow. How caring can you get.

The baby still deserves life, whether it's with its biological parents or not

That's true.
But sometimes it's not fair to raise up a kid if you're too young to do it properly/afford it.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 07:03pm
exactly!! even if you were stupid and made mistakes that doesnt mean that the baby should be punished for your actions. i have a friend that is 15 and is due at the end of the mont! it is very important to let everyone have a chance at life. even if it wasnt planned! i wasnt planned but im still here! but seriously never result in abortion! it is like murder!
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 07:16pm
But if you can't afford to raise up the kid properly, or are not ready to, or resent the fact you're having a kid greatly then you shouldn't.

It's not fair on the kid.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 08:40pm
thats why there is a thing called adoption! thats dumb! if you get knocked up atleast let it have a chance to live!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 19th, 2007 at 02:39am
selectsami!:

i find alot of injustice on what you said, true they probably shouldn't be having sex, but everybody gets curious, and not everybody gets an abortion, in the USA you have to be 16 and over to get an abortion, but a good portion of these "idiots" keep there baby'sand try to give it the best life possible. it's not easy and it would be better if they had their child when they were older and could support it better, but why should they be labled "idiots"?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:16pm
I_luv_Gerard_03:
thats why there is a thing called adoption! thats dumb! if you get knocked up atleast let it have a chance to live!

Not everyone gets the chance to be adopted and grow up in a loving family home.

I've had my fair share of care homes/fostering.
I wouldn't give that to any child.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:17pm
[quote="illustrated_romance"]
selectsami!:

That's not true.
I have a friend who had been with her boyfriend for two years before they slept together at 14.
She's on the pill.
They use condoms.
She fell pregnant.

At no point was she being stupid.
It was just bad luck.
Emmii_MCR
Killjoy
Emmii_MCR
October 20th, 2007 at 04:25am
If I got pregnant, which I wouldn't becuase I'm saving sex for marriage ++ my first kiss for my wedding day [I'm really old fashioned], I'd give it up for adoption, there are so many married couples wanting a child so badly, but are unable to, yet a teenager can sleep around and get pregnant so easily, so adoption is good because a married couple that tried fir children, but couldn't can still raise a child as their own.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 18th, 2007 at 12:45am
If you are ready to get pregnant then you must be ready to raise a child, whether on your own or with help.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 18th, 2007 at 12:48am
F i a:

abortions?

this is kind of offtopic, sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with abortion if the baby is only a couple of cells big. You kill more cells when you scratch your arm and that's not illegal.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:30pm
Only if its a couple of cells big, haha and yes its true about killing more cells when a person scratches their arm
Xx Murder ScenexX
Killjoy
Xx Murder ScenexX
November 25th, 2007 at 05:52am
heatha hustla:
selectsami!:

abortions?

so wut ur saying selectsami! is that all pregnant teen girls r idiots?
Xx Murder ScenexX
Killjoy
Xx Murder ScenexX
November 25th, 2007 at 05:52am
heatha hustla:
selectsami!:

abortions?

so wut ur saying selectsami! is that all pregnant teen girls r idiots?
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
November 25th, 2007 at 09:50am
Some girls learn to live with their mistakes.

But contraception and sex education shouldn't be so taboo.
It would prevent a lot of things in this world.

They're not idiots. They just needed to be informed.
Hooley
Fabulous Killjoy
Hooley
November 29th, 2007 at 11:24am
ok, i know this hasnt been active for a few days, but im going to put my 2pence worth in anyway! Smile

I got pregnant at 16. I was on the pill, but as i assume has already been stated, no contraception is 100% effective.

Anyways, Even though i must have been 'an idiot' to get pregnant as a teen, me and my bf both knew we had to deal with the consequences. We had a responsibility to the baby. we messed up, we dealt with it.

I stayed with my mum until i was 5 months pregnant and finished college. Then me and my bf moved into our own place. Got our own income. we were both 17 when Faith was born. It was hard to start with, but show me one parent of ANY age that doesnt find the first few weeks hard.
Me and jay are more than capable parents, and always have been. Faith is a happy little girl (if a bit nutty Smile ) , she loved, clothed and fed, shes got good manners and loves to learn. shes doing well at school. you wouldnt know she was a child of 'idiot teen parents' . Stereotype plays a big role in peoples veiws of teen parents.

BUT after saying all that, if some teen came upto me and said 'im 15/16, i want a baby, should i go for it?' my answer? 'hell no!' lol

i dont regret having Faith and i dont feel ashamed of being a teen mum, but i wouldnt encourage it either.

and thats where i feel like a hyprocrite
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
November 29th, 2007 at 12:32pm
I think that the teenage girls that do get pregnant make us other teenage girls look bad. In the city where i live we have the highest teen pregnancy rate i the whole country! so when a person sees you and your boyfriend kissing in public or holding hands they just think that I'm the girl is going to get "knocked up". We also get i lot of "stick" because of it. As soon as you have been in a relationship with a lad for about a month your parents are sitting you down and giving you "the talk". Your dad starts shouting saying you shouldn't be in a relationship, all because they think that your going to get pregnant!

Girls that do get pregnant at a young age, its your fault if you didn't use condom so deal with it. Put the baby up for adoption or get abortion, but only after you have been through all the options.
Hooley
Fabulous Killjoy
Hooley
November 29th, 2007 at 12:41pm
what about the girls who did use contraception?
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
December 11th, 2007 at 12:31am
i think that teen pregnancy is a big issue and is bad, ive seen it ruin wayyy to many lives! but i also think that ppl tend to just assume that girls that are with their bfs for a long time are going to get pregnant and thats not right

i live in the County that used to be the county with the largest percent of teen pregnancis in the ENTIRE USA... right now we're in the top 5 i believe. We've even made Oprah! haha
so i've seen way to much of it and i know that its a nightmare. i just want ppl to relize what can happen
Hooley
Fabulous Killjoy
Hooley
December 11th, 2007 at 04:33pm
i get the feeling alot of people assume no teenager is capable of being a parent and cant have used contraception?

or am i reading things wrong here?

what do you all think of teenagers who have one child, then go on to have/ plan more whilst they're still in their teens?