Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
January 7th, 2008 at 09:49am
MyDeutschRomance:
I think that teens having kids isn’t necessarily wrong but as a teen it could ruin your life. on average a kid costs 10,000 in the first year. I highly doubt that a teenager could produce that kind of money even with her parents help. But getting pregnant at that is kind of your fault I mean if you couldn’t wait to have sex with someone till your married or till at least you have some soled and didn’t use a condom well in a way it’s your fault.

it DOES ruin lives, and i've seen that happen wayyyy to much. like i've said before i live in the county with the most pregnancies in teh entire US so i know a lot of pregnant ppl and have seen what kind of stuff can happen. it really does ruin lives
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
January 9th, 2008 at 10:32pm
Well, yeah. Of course it's somewhat wrong. You shouldn't be so sexually active at such a young age. Jaime Lynn Spears is a prime example of teen pregnancy. She's only 16, but she's rich and famous, and she has all the money to take care of the kid. But it' still really bad to have a child at that age. You still need to get an education, if you want a job to support your baby.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
January 11th, 2008 at 07:13pm
I do not agree with teen pregnancy in the least bit.
When you are a teen, you're supposed to start getting ready for the real world, going to school, and have a little fun before you have to grow up.
When a teen gets pregnant, they are thrown into the real world, it's hard to continue to go to school and they will often drop out, and instead of having fun they have to worry about a baby now.
I don't think that teens are mature enough to take care of a child.
We teenagers are very self-centered and stay that way until we grow up.
Getting pregnant as a teen destroys lives.
I had a girl in my class who was pregnant in my class and she had to have maternity leave from school for a long time and had to stay home a lot with her baby.
She missed so much school, that I don't know if she'll be able to graduate with the rest of our class.
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
January 12th, 2008 at 05:00pm
I think it's right that most of the time teenagers shouldnt be having children but what I REALLY dont like is how teens can often be treated once they are pregnant, at that time they need support not someone giving them grief.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
January 14th, 2008 at 04:45am
^ I agree but it depends on the circumstances on how they got pregnant, i mean if it's an accident and a true accident then they should get all the support and help they need. But if they do it deliberately for some silly reason then they should still get support but not as much - eg my teenage brother and his much younger teenage girlfriend had their baby just because our families would not let them move in together while they were still at school, they should have just waited. now i feel sorry for my niece because they don't have a great relationship, her mother (who they live with) and my brother constantly fight so, she hasn't got a great home life.

I'm not saying that it's easier having a baby later either, i'm 24 and my daughter is 2 months old and i still have problems and i needed a lot of help to begin with but i have adjusted well being older and am able to give my daughter a good stable homelife, much better than when i was a teenager for sure.
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
January 14th, 2008 at 05:27pm
Yeah, I mean, if it was a true and complete accident, then they should get some help, i think in any matter of how it happened, deliberate or not, help and support should be included, but, some people don't even think about that kind of stuff after they have had sex as a teen, it's like half of the girls at my school. Abortions and pregnancies are everywhere, which I dont think it should be like that, because well, they're young and all around 14-15 in my year, but I think that teen pregnancies shouldnt happen, I mean, it can ruin your life, consider the money. I know I'm only 14, but enough people at my school younger than me have got pregnant. So, I don't think it's nesscary, especially when they just have sex because they think it's 'cool' at their age, think of the consequence.
Hooley
Fabulous Killjoy
Hooley
January 14th, 2008 at 07:47pm
even though ive been there myself, it still amazes me how quickly most teen parents i know adapt to parenthood. everyone needs guidence when they become parents, regardless of age. some are capable, some arent.
i know im posting alot on this thread, but i suppose its a subject close to my heart and i suppose i just really want some of you to understand that some teen parents can do it, and do it really well. Smile
Jayohen
Fabulous Killjoy
Jayohen
February 12th, 2008 at 12:48pm
I don't really know what to say. I think it's sad, but I can't really disagree with it. Cause.. I'm pregnant, but I really don't know what to think of it. My parents don't know yet, and neither does my boyfriend, cause i'm not totally sure. But i'll know soon. =[
Jayohen
Fabulous Killjoy
Jayohen
February 12th, 2008 at 12:51pm
Also, I'd really like some support. Atleast until I find out if I really am or not. I'm scared, and don't know who I can tell. Please help me. =[
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 14th, 2008 at 05:37am
oh, im sorry to hear that. even though im not in the position or anything, ill be happy to talk to you if you want =]
ill help you out best i can. hope all is well, and you will have to let us know.
<3
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
February 19th, 2008 at 07:09pm
as much as i loved the movie juno, teen pregnancy scares the crap out of me. especially when it's someone i went to school with, and they actually seem happy and excited about the fact that they got knocked up.
puhlease. you are not ready for a baby. they're not all fun and games. what are you gonna do when the novelty wears off after the first week of no sleep, and you're regretting it for the rest of your life?
no thank you
micah_pilar
Killjoy
micah_pilar
February 20th, 2008 at 02:37am
i love this topic.. haha! 'cause i'm really, so not into this teen pregnancy. anti as i should say! hahaha ...what the hell were they thinking!?? oh i know!...sex! that's all they could ever think of! but what happens after that? consider yourself lucky if you didn't get pregnant.. but what if you're not?? whatelse could you possibly do? are you even ready for it?? maybe not. and then you'll end up regretting what you've done. you have no choice but to face it. if you get an abortion, then you're coward, irresponsible, and a killer. there's no easy way to escape this kind of problem. you have to take the risk. no exception. and probably no turning back now. so, the point here is, if you're not ready to face all these kind of problems, AND if you still want to enjoy your teenage life, THINK. there's no one else is responsible for your actions--just you. there's nothing you could ever regret if in the first place, you know how to prevent it.
TheShadowChild
Killjoy
TheShadowChild
February 24th, 2008 at 01:04am
It's all wrong...teens having kids could contract sexually transmitted dieseses...(STD) That's the risk they are willing to take and ruin their life then so be it...but when they grow up and find the one person they want to be with and they have 3 kids already...well...there's a problem...
SPAMELA!!
Killjoy
SPAMELA!!
February 25th, 2008 at 03:39am
i just found out that im luckly NOT pregnant...so happy..its not really ok to be pregnant when your a teenager but sometimes how you got pregnant you cant help...its hard but lots of teenager can do it....and i think those people are brave to be handling something that big.

oxox
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
February 25th, 2008 at 07:20am
wow ok.

As long as someone is mentally mature, and prepared, im actually well for it.
I know a lot of girls who have gotten abortions, but about 7 months ago one of my friends ended up pregnant at 18 with the baby of her best friend. She decided to keep it (it's going to be BEAUITIFUL) and even though the friend took a bad turn (started doing coke and messing around) she is still very excited to have her little one, and her mom is going to be supporting her all the way, which is rare, and amazing. she ] Anyway, everyone around here is also very supportive. We are really excited to be able to meet and play with her baby. It's going to receive a lot of love in it's life!

Not all teen pregger stories end up bad. I don't think this one will either.
The Doctor
Salute You in Your Grave
The Doctor
February 25th, 2008 at 07:24pm
In my eyes, this isn't so much a discussion on Teenage Pregnancy, but a discussion on whether teens should be having sex so young, and are they really ready for the consequences?

I don't think teenagers getting pregnant is any different to married couples or older couples getting pregnant. Okay, they're younger but levels of maturity differ.

I know that teens usually don't have any financial stability, and in that respect it's VERY different (Although, older couples can be in as much financial difficulty as teenagers). But, things happen. Condoms break. It can happen to anyone, just because someone is younger and it happened to them is no reason to be so rude about them. You wouldn't say it to a 27 year old would you?

I'm still on the fence when it comes to teenagers having children. I know a couple who had a child young, and I know that the father works 3 jobs, and is very mature and ready to support their child.
However, I know that it's not for everyone. I have a friend who had a pregnancy scare. She was in no way ready for a child. Her boyfriend was, to put it nicely, a good for nothing rat. If she had decided to have the child, it'd ruin her life.

So while I don't condone young people having children young, I know that it can work out well in some cases, and it's not their fault. It can happen to anyone.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
March 1st, 2008 at 03:14am
You can't condemn a person for becoming pregnant. But, again, it's a bit of their fault - they shouldn't just jump each other because they want to. The act of being impulsive can lead to many difficult and horrible consequences.

What teenagers who got pregnant lack is the ability to think the whole situation out. They just can't go "oh, this guy's hot, let's get screwed". They have to think of the fact that their future might be prematurely ended because of their lack of deliberation. They have to think if what they're doing is going to benefit them, not just now, but for the rest of their lives.
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
March 9th, 2008 at 12:01am
teenagers are having sex without protection because they think its cute. the girl ends up getting pregnant and the boy ends up leaving her. then the girl has the precious gift from above and gives it away, while the precious gift from above never know it was an accident from a stupid decision its mother made. sometimes these stroies get really old and sad, like some dumbass 13 year old getting pregnant. Pikachu
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
March 9th, 2008 at 01:04am
saved-by-the-sol:
teenagers are having sex without protection because they think its cute. the girl ends up getting pregnant and the boy ends up leaving her. then the girl has the precious gift from above and gives it away, while the precious gift from above never know it was an accident from a stupid decision its mother made. sometimes these stroies get really old and sad, like some dumbass 13 year old getting pregnant. Pikachu
Maybe next time you should offer a real debate, not a biased opinion.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 9th, 2008 at 05:21am
saved-by-the-sol:

"teenagers are having sex without protection because they think its cute."

That's the whole explanation?

And you are just stereotyping so many teenage mums.
Some kids have great homes with a mum and dad that have stayed together for the sake of the child.
Not all dads run off when they learn their girlfriend is pregnant.

So basically you are saying that all teenage mums have the same tragic story?