Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
December 11th, 2007 at 04:38pm
Hooley:

what do you all think of teenagers who have one child, then go on to have/ plan more whilst they're still in their teens?

If they feel they can cope with it well enough to lead a normal life, then why not I guess.

Wait, not feel they can do it.
Know they can do it.

But having one child is completely different to having two.
baby ruthless
Salute You in Your Grave
baby ruthless
December 12th, 2007 at 03:21pm
I reallly hate teen pregnancy
it's really sad
though i guess it's punishment for them having unproteced sex or even sex at all
it really screws up your life too
and if you do get pregnant, don't have an abortion
i mean that's just horrible
it's like murder basically
and it can ruin your chances of getting pregnant later
if you really don't want the kid, put them up for adoption so someone responsible can take care of him
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 12th, 2007 at 08:24pm
i don't think its an issue of right and wrong per say, its more an issue of bad decisions. because some teens try as best they can to protect themselves from getting pregnant, and still end up with babies. i personally think that at this age we are to young to be having sex but when ever i see a teen with a baby, i don't immediately assume that she is a slut. it probably wasn't planned, though i disagree with their decision to have sex, i dont think that they are bad ppl (and i say they because it takes 2 to get pregnant, and many ppl forget that)
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
December 13th, 2007 at 02:37pm
wow some of you guys are getting heated..

my view on it is, for me anyway. i'd prefer to wait until im older. im sexually active with a long term boyfriend and we have talked about what could happen. i want to be able to provide for my children properly, and we are very careful. we use preotection. but they don't always work do they? if it happens, it happens. it would be hard and stressfull, but it would be at any age!

worse things can happen than falling pregnant, way worse things. it's not the end of the world and a lot of teenagers who do have babies used protection.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
December 13th, 2007 at 05:18pm
They are thinking in England, of making the Pill available to everyone of any age (after a conseltation with a pharmasist) through the chemists, rather than having to go to the doctors first. Do you guys reckon that that will reduce teen pregnancies? My view on it is, if teenagers are going to have sex, they might as well be able to get contraceptives. Some would argue that maybe then teeanagers will only be encouraged to have sex, but I don't think that is the case.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 14th, 2007 at 12:03am
Simple and Clean:
They are thinking in England, of making the Pill available to everyone of any age (after a conseltation with a pharmasist) through the chemists, rather than having to go to the doctors first. Do you guys reckon that that will reduce teen pregnancies? My view on it is, if teenagers are going to have sex, they might as well be able to get contraceptives. Some would argue that maybe then teeanagers will only be encouraged to have sex, but I don't think that is the case.

its funny because i heard on the news somewhere the other day that teen pregnancy has gone up in the past few years. but if ^that happens then maybe it will go down. i dont think that it should be so hard to birth control, in Maine there is a school that gives girls the pill for free. but no where else does that, maybe they should.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
December 14th, 2007 at 03:48am

I think that having a baby as a teenager is a very irresponsible thing.

Not only for the parent, but for the child. It might not get enough support.
I'm not saying that teenagers aren't capable of providing a loving home, but financially they might be in trouble.
Plus having a baby is a lot of hard work. You can't just leave it for a day, its life depends on you and I think thats what most teenagers dont get.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
December 16th, 2007 at 08:46am
From what I'm reading, it sounds as if people are saying that there are no teenagers in the world who are capable of being a good parent. I disagree. I'm not saying it's a good idea to get pregnant in your teens, but I think that a teen parent can be just as loving and nurturing as their adult counterpart. They would have to give up more, and be more dependent on others, but that does not mean that they can not be good parents.

There are plenty of adult parents who are bad parents. That's why there are Child Welfare Services everywhere you go. I feel that it's more about how ready the person is to *be* a parent. A teenager has just as much ability to reorder their life and change their priorities as an adult does. It just depends on whether they are ready to stop being a teenager and start being a parent.

My husband and I don't have kids but a lot of our friends and co-workers do. Some of them are great parents and others you can tell either got pregnant by accident and kept it because they're married and "it's the right thing to do" or they decided to have a baby because it's "expected" once you are married. Some of them were just as unprepared to have children as a teenager would be.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it's a good idea, but I don't necessarily think that every teen parent will be a bad parent.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
December 16th, 2007 at 01:45pm
xbetterifistayx:
I reallly hate teen pregnancy
it's really sad
though i guess it's punishment for them having unproteced sex or even sex at all
it really screws up your life too
and if you do get pregnant, don't have an abortion
i mean that's just horrible
it's like murder basically
and it can ruin your chances of getting pregnant later
if you really don't want the kid, put them up for adoption so someone responsible can take care of him
agreed

Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
December 16th, 2007 at 04:00pm
^
Yara; wtf...:

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

Also, why should a child be a punishment for having sex?
And abortion is a completely different subject.
Leifur
Killjoy
Leifur
December 16th, 2007 at 06:17pm
I dont thin Teen Pregnancy is really good. me and my x-girlfriend wich btw allmost ruined my life, we allmost had a baby a year ago, and it was horrible feeling, caus we lived really long away from each other. its 700km so we couldnt be together alot, and we had no money for it so. but she was not pregnant so it went well Smile but i personally thing its really stupid to get a baby when you are a teen,
Hooley
Fabulous Killjoy
Hooley
December 17th, 2007 at 04:08pm
Simple and Clean:

Yes, it may encourage it. But it might not. I dont think it will. An awful lot of teens are having sex now anyways, suppose its better that they have more easily available contraception. Some are embarrased to go to the doctors and ask for it, and some are worried their parents will find out about it. I mean, my mum sent me down the doctors for the pill at 14 and it was horrifying! lol. having to do it beind her back, and risking her finding it woud have put me off getting it.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
December 17th, 2007 at 07:54pm
Teenage pregnancy is so sad in my eyes.
Just all of the consequences that lead to getting pregnant, wether you decide to keep the baby or not.
Like, if I accidentaly got pregnant, I would freakk out. It would be horrible.

Although teenage pregancy is horrible, I do not think that sex should be 'banned' or shunned down upon.
Sex is human nature. It's life, it creates life.
I think teens should be a lot more careful when and if they have sex.
For example, NOT getting totally wasted at a party, and ending up doing a lot of stuff you regret.
Okay I'm done.
*sigh*
Messenger
Killjoy
Messenger
December 18th, 2007 at 05:53pm
Midnight:
I think that if teens do get pregnant then they should consider adoption.

Midnight, no-one's gonna wanna adopt a pregnant teenager!

Wink Just kidding babe, you raise a very serious issue. My own opinion is 'try not to judge anyone' afterall that could have been us if we didn't have people around us to guide us and care for us. It's very sad.

Take care all xx
Diet Coke
Killjoy
Diet Coke
December 19th, 2007 at 03:21pm
you a dick if you get pregnant.
and your selfish if you fucking have an abortion.
its the most selfish thing a girl can do.
you got yourself into the mess.
its not the fucking kids fault. you can't kill it.

its like telling your kid to Get the fuck out you stupid, insignificant little cunt.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
December 19th, 2007 at 05:00pm
^ this isn't a disscussion on abortion, there is a thread for that on page 2 of the disscussion board.
That actually has nothing to do with teenage pregnancy, really......
JustAnotherBeaner
Jazz Hands
JustAnotherBeaner
January 2nd, 2008 at 12:03am
Umm... well personally i never want to end up with a kid while still a teenager... but if two people do end up with a kid and can support it then i guess thats ok... it seems a little stupid though
Save The Bunnies!!
Jazz Hands
Save The Bunnies!!
January 2nd, 2008 at 03:24pm
I think if your responsible enough to take of it then thats fine.But I see teen girls with bellys and it kinda makes me sad.Their life isnt ruined but they have to grow up fast.They wont be able to do much.So much could go wrong.The guy might leave or not help.I want kids but not early.I want to know that im responsible and that the baby will be fine and get the things that it needs.And as for pregnant teens i dont think theyre ready.They are kids themselves.Just be safe.Make good choices.

Peace and love
Sarahbree
Killjoy
Sarahbree
January 3rd, 2008 at 12:25am
I think your right but remember it's not always plan and there r other things that can contribute to the situation and adoption might be really hard for the mother cause the baby might not be planed but the mother might grow to love the baby and become attached to it Rolling Eyes
The Taste for Blood
Salute You in Your Grave
The Taste for Blood
January 3rd, 2008 at 03:36pm
I think that teens having kids isn’t necessarily wrong but as a teen it could ruin your life. on average a kid costs 10,000 in the first year. I highly doubt that a teenager could produce that kind of money even with her parents help. But getting pregnant at that is kind of your fault I mean if you couldn’t wait to have sex with someone till your married or till at least you have some soled and didn’t use a condom well in a way it’s your fault.