Rape

AuthorMessage
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 15th, 2007 at 06:45pm
Hush Noise:
druscilla; in rags:

Even if people see you and think you're a slut, it gives them no right to take their pants down and shove themselves inside of you.
Just because you perceive an image does not mean you have the right to be raped.
I wear tight jeans and halter tops.
I wear miniskirts, hooker boots, and tank tops.
I am not asking to be raped. I am exercising the right to make my own fashion decisions.

And leading a guy on makes you a tease, not an open invitation for sex.

I understand, and I don't want to belittle your sense of fashion.
I wish we can all dress how we please without a bunch of idiots point our way and make false statements.
Of course, while image is not always important, body language takes on a whole new meaning.
If you, let's say, wear a cute miniskirt, and just to play up you wear some wedges. Walking down the street normaly might make some guys stare, but no more. If you walk with your chest puffed and your hips going from side to side dramatically, well, you get the picture.

I'm not saying that a goth should stop wearing her black clothes because others precieve her as "a satanic psycho", nor do I want a girl who wears a tight jeans to be viewed as a "slut". I honestly, honestly wish that men would stop staring at me like I'm some child prostitute for them to screw and scamper back homes to their wives. And let's not forget that boys get raped too, sadly- By both men and women. [Women by using a dildo or a strap-on]

People are assholes, and men are even bigger ones. The only best way to stay cleer from getting rape is to do the following-

1. Carry a cellphone in case of emergenices
2. Never walk alone in the streets. Bring along a friend or your parents even. There's power in numbers, believe it or not.
3. If you feel like you are followed, take a different path home.
4. In case of getting raped already, call home then 911. Don't shower, smoke, eat/drink, change clothing or wear deodorant. The poilice will want to do some expections in order to catch the rapist.

[sigh] There. Other than that, if you're reading this, and you have been a victim of rape, I'm very, very sorry. I know someone who has been through the worst, and she wouldn't even take counceling. Don't do the same; talk with adults. It'll make your future seem brighter. =]

I don't quite understand? You're saying that if I walk down the street naked, I'm going to get raped?

Because if people dress certain ways their chances of getting raped have increased?

I thought that the will to rape was what it was about. I mean a girl could ask for sex, not rape. So I don't quite understand...
gone
Really Not Okay
gone
April 15th, 2007 at 06:51pm
Luffy:

I don't quite understand? You're saying that if I walk down the street naked, I'm going to get raped?

Because if people dress certain ways their chances of getting raped have increased?

I thought that the will to rape was what it was about. I mean a girl could ask for sex, not rape. So I don't quite understand...

o.O I didn't say anything about walking naked down the street.
Muaha, but like I said, sometimes not everything is based on image, though it does do a huge role in this kind of situation.

And you ask if the way people dress, their chances of getting raped have increased?

Well, yeah.

A girl can ask for sex? Unless she works in a prostitute life. Because she needs the money. She doesn't care about sex- All she needs is the money/drugs and she'll leave. But let's face it- Alot of them get raped. Ever heard of the movie "Monster"? The woman is a prostitute who just needs money, not to be raped.

Making love, sex and rape are all totally different from each other.

I cannot honestly get what you are asking. Sorry. Mind getting a little specific?
candy clouds
Killjoy
candy clouds
April 15th, 2007 at 06:56pm

I thought that the will to rape was what it was about. I mean a girl could ask for sex, not rape. So I don't quite understand...[/quote]

Sadly a girls chances of getting raped are increased by what she wears.And I'll say this right now that DOESNT make it her fault,not one bit.But the rapist will most likely find her more attractive.But rape can happen to anyone and most of the time it isnt just a random act. Its usually by someone close to you eg. boyfriend,family member,family friend etc the rapist will have to know you well and know that you are vunerable...that his threats of hurting you if you tell anyone will work.Rapists are cowards and they pick on anyone smaller and weaker than them.
Women should have the right to walk down the street naked without getting raped or sexually harrassed but sadly that isnt the reality.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 15th, 2007 at 06:58pm
73% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger — 38% of perpetrators were a friend or acquaintance of the victim, 28% were an intimate and 7% were another relative.

From the Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network site.
gone
Really Not Okay
gone
April 15th, 2007 at 07:08pm
If you want to be naked without getting raped, you and your family would have to live in a nudist community. x.x

But then again, rape happens on every corners just about anywhere in the world.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 15th, 2007 at 07:11pm
Hush Noise:
If you want to be naked without getting raped, you and your family would have to live in a nudist community. x.x

But then again, rape happens on every corners just about anywhere in the world.

Not to mention that if you just walk outside naked you can be arrested for indecent exposure.
Rapist aren't the only ones who break laws in your scenario.
gone
Really Not Okay
gone
April 15th, 2007 at 07:13pm
druscilla; in rags:

Not to mention that if you just walk outside naked you can be arrested for indecent exposure.
Rapist aren't the only ones who break laws in your scenario.

Quite true.
But I'm sure we all remember that our caregivers told us that we can't run around "bum-naked" outside the house.
And wearing clothes is easy. Why be naked?
Shirt goes on top. Jeans go on bottom.

The end.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
April 16th, 2007 at 03:07am
The thing I don't understand is why rape is happening so often. What would possess a man to rape a girl without having any thought about it? I can't watch movies with rape scenes, because they disgust me so much. Hearing a woman cry for help and seeing her fight to get away from a situation where she is being sexually violated and knowing a man is completely blocking all of that out and hurting her, is the most disturbing thing in the world to me. Where are these "average" men who we all know and go to school with or work with getting this mentality and not feeling any guilt? What a bunch of cowards.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 16th, 2007 at 11:46am
xsilverbulletx:
PassionBetweenLovers:
Luffy:
I don't think that girls that age asked for that single point to be exagerrated.

I'm just telling the damn truth, girls who are three or less are sold for sex and child ponography in places like Mexico and Columbia. It's not their fault , and I find that quite offensive. I have a cousin who was taken away because of that shit. And youre going to tell me I'm exageratting! She didn't ask to be taken away or to be raped my some random guy everyday. Or for them to still what all she has left her dignaty , hope, and innocence.

Since when did we start confusing the US with mexico and columbia there two totally different places among there different standards

I wasnt talking about the US and I know where theyre are LOL
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 16th, 2007 at 11:52am
They're is different types of rape:
Different types of rape include but are not limited to: date rape, gang rape, marital rape, prison rape, acquaintance rape, and wartime rape.

But the affects are quite crucial:After being raped it is common for the victim to experience intense, and sometimes unpredictable, emotions, and they may find it hard to deal with their memories of the event. Victims can be severely traumatized by the assault and may have difficulty functioning as well as they had been used to prior to the assault, with disruption of concentration, sleeping patterns and eating habits, for example. They may feel jumpy or be on edge. In the month(s) immediately following the assault these problems may be severe and very upsetting and may prevent the victim from revealing their ordeal to friends or family, or seeking police or medical assistance. This may result in Acute Stress Disorder. Symptoms of this are:

feeling numb and detached, like being in a daze or a dream, or feeling that the world is strange and unreal
difficulty remembering important parts of the assault
reliving the assault through repeated thoughts, memories, or nightmares
avoidance of things -places, thoughts, feelings- that remind the victim of the assault
anxiety or increased arousal (difficulty sleeping, concentrating, etc.)
avoidance of social life or place of rape the person who was raped". They may feel humiliated, confused, dirty, ashamed, or at fault for the assault, particularly if the assailant was an acquaintance. Extreme nightmares, heightened anxiety, frequent flashbacks, and a strong attempt to disconnect from one's emotions are common, as is denial - trying to convince oneself that the assault did not actually occur. If raped by an acquaintance the victim may try to protect the perpetrator.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
April 16th, 2007 at 01:51pm
What women would ask for their life to be torn apart?
What women would ask to suffer pain both physical and mental?
What women would ask to shrink into a shell of their former self?

What women would ask to be raped?
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
April 16th, 2007 at 04:09pm
I don't think any girl/woman deserves to be raped, no matter what they're wearing or how they're acting. It's never their fault. However, there are certain things you can do to be safe, because a lot of times getting drunk, being very flirty, or wearing revealing clothes WILL lead to that...I'm not saying that that's how it should be, but you should always be careful because if that's how sick, twisted guys think, you have to watch out.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 17th, 2007 at 11:35am
xCookieMonsterxox:
What women would ask for their life to be torn apart?
What women would ask to suffer pain both physical and mental?
What women would ask to shrink into a shell of their former self?

What women would ask to be raped?

NONE! No one ever asks to be raped. Man or woman. Cool
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
April 23rd, 2007 at 10:16am
druscilla; in rags:
Luffy:
Oh okay, good lol. Because I was just going to say "Couldn't you say the same about female victims?"

Male rape victims feel their masculinity is being threatened and that could make them gay. It could also make them feel as if other people won't think that they're really a man anymore because they couldn't stop it.

Obviously, women don't have that problem.
It's also alot harder to prove Rape in the scenario of Woman vs man.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
April 23rd, 2007 at 10:21am
xsilverbulletx:
rapist are just losers i mean beat them up its not like there so strong. i mean really there so desperate that got to rape someone. so dont go along with it

Never in my life have I heard such an insolent comment.
How could you say something like that?
"Don't go along with it."
Do you think that when I was attacked I originally thought "Oh look, here's a strange man coming up to me, maybe I should engage in some sexual activity with him"?
When you're hit, over and over again, and your attacker is twice the size of you, it's a little hard to "beat them up".
I am honestly gobsmacked that someone could think that rape was a choice.
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
Killjoy
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
May 16th, 2007 at 11:09pm
Land Shark:
I think women have nothing to do with rape (unless its all their fault.), its just about always men who are drunk, high, or sick bastards that should be shot. But thats just my thought.

just shot? castrated is more like it but thats just me =/
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:11pm
rape happens because ppl r probably drunk or on drugs, or have the feeling they have power over others and think they can control them. rapists are sick people. end of discussion. case closed. finito.
KN!VES
Joining The Black Parade
KN!VES
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:27pm
Rape is the act of uncrontrollable sexual desires, in my opinion.
Personally, I think if a female is wearing revealing clothing and practically begging for sex, she has no voice when she screams rape - that goes the same for males.
In the big picture, there isn't a well working way to prevent rape. There are things to encourage someone not to rape, but it honestly can't be stopped through and through.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:29pm
KN!VES:
Personally, I think if a female is wearing revealing clothing and practically begging for sex, she has no voice when she screams rape - that goes the same for males.

Absolutely nothing justifies rape. A girl (or boy) could walk home naked at three in the morning; that doesn't give someone the right to rape her (or him).
Casimir Pulaski Day
Shotgun Sinner
Casimir Pulaski Day
May 22nd, 2007 at 10:06pm
KN!VES:
Rape is the act of uncrontrollable sexual desires, in my opinion.
In the big picture, there isn't a well working way to prevent rape. There are things to encourage someone not to rape, but it honestly can't be stopped through and through.

Also, they just like to do it because they "can."