Don't have an account? Create one!

Religion

AuthorMessage
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
August 13th, 2006 at 10:10pm
See, you get what I'm saying. About changing the meanings of things so that they're more accepted.

And if I remember correctly from sunday school, Jesus helped everyone, not just his own people. He saved a little gentile (non-jew) from death because she was sick, not because she was christian. That didn't matter. So, if Jesus (sorry if you don't believe, I'm using my own POV here) wanted everyone to strictly be a christian, why would he have saved her? If religion doesn't matter to jesus, why the hell should it really matter to anyone else?

My ultimate belief is that church isn't about god. Or, rather, it shouldn't be. I think that church should teach us to be together as people, and to unite when it's needed, and to help one another.

And I also believe that you shouldn't necessarily have to be in a church for your God to see/know that you're worshiping them. If you believe what the Bible says, which is that God created Earth, aren't you doing more of a tribute to your God by taking a walk in the woods and appreciating what He put here?

In my own personal idea, every religion boils down to one basic idea:loving yourself and each other. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

Does that make sense?
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
August 14th, 2006 at 12:39am
LoveMePlease:
I don't know if this point has been made, but plenty of Christian symbols originated in paganism,. That's right, it's true. I don't remember which ones, but some did.

Sorry if that was pointless.

And a lot of the dates of Pagan festivals have been adopted into Christianity. Some Christian days of worship are not on their original date, but rather on the date of older, Pagan festivals, as a means of converting Pagans during the early days of Christianity in Europe.
Vaseline
Shotgun Sinner
Vaseline
August 14th, 2006 at 02:41am
I'm a muslim. the one and only muslim here on this site, i guess.
i believe in one God,just to have someone or something,since in my religion God is not a human, to pray to or to ask to and to believe to.
i'm not sure that God even exist.
I do believe that Jesus or Isa [in my religion] is exist. but I don't believe that He is a God or God's son. he's just a prophet and a human like us. if he's a god or son of a god, why did he scream "GOD GOD WHY DO YOU LEAVE ME?" in his languange,which i can't remember, of course, when he was hung on that cross??
it was Constantin who made Jesus became a god.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
August 14th, 2006 at 02:52am
The Adelliest!:
I'm a muslim. the one and only muslim here on this site, i guess.

Both Narin and I have muslim parents, and if I'm not mistaken, she is also a muslim.

I, however, don't believe in gods or organized religion.
Vaseline
Shotgun Sinner
Vaseline
August 14th, 2006 at 02:59am
--Yara--:

Both Narin and I have muslim parents, and if I'm not mistaken, she is also a muslim.

really?!
I didn't know that.

I often talk to "GOD".
I'm a soliloquist XD
Taylor Lautner
Always Born a Crime
Taylor Lautner
August 14th, 2006 at 01:05pm
The Adelliest!:
--Yara--:

really?!
I didn't know that.

I often talk to "GOD".
I'm a soliloquist XD

im muslim too. i have muslim parents, im a shite muslim
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 14th, 2006 at 04:48pm
LoveMePlease:
See, you get what I'm saying. About changing the meanings of things so that they're more accepted.

And if I remember correctly from sunday school, Jesus helped everyone, not just his own people. He saved a little gentile (non-jew) from death because she was sick, not because she was christian. That didn't matter. So, if Jesus (sorry if you don't believe, I'm using my own POV here) wanted everyone to strictly be a christian, why would he have saved her? If religion doesn't matter to jesus, why the hell should it really matter to anyone else?

My ultimate belief is that church isn't about god. Or, rather, it shouldn't be. I think that church should teach us to be together as people, and to unite when it's needed, and to help one another.

And I also believe that you shouldn't necessarily have to be in a church for your God to see/know that you're worshiping them. If you believe what the Bible says, which is that God created Earth, aren't you doing more of a tribute to your God by taking a walk in the woods and appreciating what He put here?

In my own personal idea, every religion boils down to one basic idea:loving yourself and each other. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

Does that make sense?

YOU GET IT! Jesus said the most important comandment is love God and love your neighbor as yourself!
The church is about LOVING and living in peace, not making people hate you because you think you're so holy.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 14th, 2006 at 04:50pm
Easter was originated to convert pagans.
The Christians wanted the pagans and stuff to convert but they didn't want to take away all their freedoms and rituals, so they made Easter.

I'm not even gonna say where I've heard Christmas originated.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
August 14th, 2006 at 04:53pm
I think that a lot of organized religion ends up losing the real point of faith, especially when the people in power are corrupt.

Man should not follow and worship man and money. Man should follow his heart and his faith.

And all that inspireing crud.

I believe that if you believe, you should follow your heart and your faith and let nothing corrupt you. Not even organized religon.
Noor; Feeling Golden
Fabulous Killjoy
Noor; Feeling Golden
August 14th, 2006 at 05:02pm
BuryMeInBlack625:
-nod- Yeah. How can the Jews and Muslims and Christians be so respected, but atheists aren't respected at all? They're called ignorant and they're harped on to be Christian (or at least around here they are. I don't know about other places) every single minute of their lives?
Is it because atheists are the ones the Christians can go after?
Or is it because no one dares to insult Jews for the simple fact that they were being killed by Nazis years and years ago? Is it because we fear Muslims?
No offence was meant by this. If you are Jewish and/or Muslim, I am sorry if you take offence. I am not saying that all of the Jews want sympathy, and I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

I totally understand what ur saying. I'm muslim and i hate how a lot of people think that muslims are terrorists. yes there are bad muslims but every religon has bad followers. I just wish the world wasnt like that.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 14th, 2006 at 10:51pm
^ I think the above can be said for almost everything that happens - the minority ruin it for the majority or visa versa. There is always someone of some thing that comes out and gives their religion/group etc etc a bad image that society and the media stick to and blow out of proportion
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 16th, 2006 at 06:18am
That happens with everything, one person takes something out of context and the whole group suffer.
Like the Satanists who decided Anton LaVey had said to kill a man, so that meant to a lot of people that all Satanists sacrificed humans as a form of worship.
Or one group of Muslims decide to interpret their teachings as needing to become suicide bombers, so people start to think the whole religion must want to do that sometime.
I hate the extremities, not the extremists or the religion because it's neither of their faults. The religion was interpretted wrongly by some misguided people, it never said "Go kill people", and it is not taken to extremes by the majority of the people following the religion, so it can't to blame.
Darkened Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Darkened Angel
August 22nd, 2006 at 12:54pm
My mom says we're Baptist but honestly our family isn't very religious, we hardly go to church and most of my mom's family does, so they thought we were kind of weird at first. And I have nothing against Christians, but when you go around and see a website filled with "I'm a Christian woman..blah blah blah," it's kind of annoying.

Like Suzical said, some are just airheads, but most of my friends are Christians, so I'm cool with it, as long as we get along.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
August 26th, 2006 at 04:56am
FlamingXbaby:
YOU GET IT! Jesus said the most important comandment is love God and love your neighbor as yourself!
The church is about LOVING and living in peace, not making people hate you because you think you're so holy.

So, what about Holy Wars, then?
How is that just or fair?
How is anyone, fighting in the name of God or not, leading the life a good Christian should, if they're fighting a war?
I get it, love thy neighbour, love God, love Jesus, I get that.
That makes sense to me.
But not everyone does it.

What if thy neighbour is gay, transsexual, Muslim or even Afro-Caribbean?
Not everyone leads by Jesus' teachings when that occurs.
The Catholic faith, while it recognises homosexuality, does not allow homosexuals who perform homosexual acts into the church. And that is a fact.

It's all well and good to say "Love thy neighbour"
When they neighbour is easy to love.
When they neighbour is straight, Catholic and white.
When they neighbour is an exact replica of thy self,
They neighbour is then, and only then, the easiest to love & love back.
Happy in the rain
Salute You in Your Grave
Happy in the rain
August 29th, 2006 at 08:25am
I am rasised to be Sikh, but to be honest my relegion holds me back from alot of things i would love to do. I don't particulally believe in God to be honest. But my family are very strong believers so i have to keep to it to keep them happy. Some of the time it makes you feel special to be able to talk about your religion and be different. But in alot of way it just holds you back and gets in the way. If it were up to me i wouldn't have a religion.
a perfect circle.
Salute You in Your Grave
a perfect circle.
August 29th, 2006 at 11:55am
Well...I have no choice in what religion I want to be. My parents ended up sending me to a Catholic school, And at first I didn't really didn't mind because I started in Kindergarden, but as the years went by the Catholic faith became something that I didn't want to take that much of a part in. I just wanted to be the type of person that you like to try out different religions.

I talked to my parents about it and they didn't seen to understand. I told them that I wanted to be the type of person to try different religions and asked to change schools, but they didn'r seem to understand that either. And now I just don't understand how I am going to try different religions and be stuck in a Catholic school. In a Catholic religion you have to follow all these rules and your like afirad to do anything bad because your afirad your like going to Hell.

Does anyone have any tips to help me try to change my parent's minds?
If so message me....
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 29th, 2006 at 01:47pm
Shaking Ella's Hold:
FlamingXbaby:

How is anyone, fighting in the name of God or not, leading the life a good Christian should, if they're fighting a war?
That makes sense to me.

The Catholic faith, while it recognises homosexuality, does not allow homosexuals who perform homosexual acts into the church. And that is a fact.

flamingxbaby, i think has the idea, that it's about loving other people, and all that.

Shaking Ella's Hold, i kinnd of get what you're trying to say. and that's something i don't understand a lot, how the catholic church can say that you should accept people for who they are, and love them, no matter what, and then not support homosexual relationships. that one gets me, and i choose to ignore it because i don't think there's anything wrong with homosexuallity. even though i'm catholic.

but when you say that it's 'easy' to love they neighbour, if they are white, i think you're touching on something there that's been generated in your own mind.
i don't believe christianity has anything against black, asian, afro-carribean, ect, people who aren't white.
so, yeah, i think it's effed up for the church to say that they won't support gay relationships. but the christian church never encouraged, or encourages hostility towards people who aren't white.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 30th, 2006 at 02:49pm
X--CriesInVain, you're pretty much gonna hate me for saying this, but I don't think there is actually anything you can do to change your parents mind about religion. You're twelve right, so to your parents, you're still a kid and're too young to be questioning the ways of the world and what has been solid fact for centuries.
I don't suggest trying out new religions behind your parents backs, because that could get messy if they found out and then they'd not trust you.
What you could try is wait for a few years and then when you are 15 or 16 try talking to them abou how you feel about religions, and maybe explain to them that as much as you respect their choice to be Christian, you don't feel it is the right religion for you and maybe there is one more suited to your beliefs and then if they agree, let them know everything about the religion so that they understand it and see why it's important to you.

And in a way I agree with Shaking Ella's Hold, because I had this exact arguement with a group of Christians only last weekend and when I basically said to them "The Bible wants you to spread love, acceptance, forgiveness and peace. You aren't. You are standing there condemning people and their personal choices and beliefs. That is spreading hate. You say everyone who isn't Saved is a sinner. That spreads fear of 'sinners' which in turn leads to hatred and possobly voilence. You are refusing to accept that people can be gay, prostitutes, or whatever and also be a good person, which is certainly not what the Bible wanted. Jesus himself befreinded and helped prostitutes and other sinners. And you can't forgive people for what they do. They may be mistakes in your eyes, but you should at least forgive them and let them lead their lives as they please."
I don't think the Church does hate black people, because let's face it, there are millions of black Christians. The racists hate black people and if they have the nerve to call themselves Christian, they should be ashamed because the bible promotes (amongst other things and some condratictions) acceptance and love.

Everyone needs religion. All religions are based on faith. By believing in any religion, you are making a huge leap of blind faith. And y'know what, it helps people in times when they most need it. It does not matter whether you are Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Pagan, Satanist or whatever else, you use your religion to giude you when you are unsure what to do. That is the principle of religion. To guide and help and to test your faith.
[/end of mini speech]
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 30th, 2006 at 08:31pm
Shaking Ella's Hold:
FlamingXbaby:

That makes sense to me.

I think it's a tragedy that people do that.
But there are people who follow the teachings, and they have been given bad names.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 30th, 2006 at 08:36pm
Oh yeah.
My youth pastor was talking about what I was talking about, which is where I got it, btw, and he said almost the exact same thing. "It's easy to love those who love you" or "love the people you gain things from" and he was right. I wish everyone could have heard some of his sermons. They weren't snooty or holier than though. They were funny and honest and he never wrote them down.

There's this book called "the barbarian way" that I think ya'll should look into.,
It's about raw, passionate faith. How you should love everyone no matter what, and live passionately in God's name.
Check it out.