Don't have an account? Create one!

Religion

AuthorMessage
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
June 6th, 2006 at 03:05pm
Yara:
You don't HAVE to be part of a religion, you have to remember that people.

I agree with that. There aren't enough recognised religions out there to suit everyone and some people just find it hard to put their faith in things.
Whatever works for you personally is good Very Happy
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 6th, 2006 at 04:33pm
Bloodraine:

Orthodox.

There are other types of Christians than Orthodox and Catholics. Over 1,000 in north america alone. You can read up on them here if you want to learn more about them. Protestants, you're wrong, they are Christians. They are one of three major branches of Christianity, go Here, here or again on that link above, it will show you the other types of Christians.

Just because protestants don't accept the Authority of the pope (lets face it, they have every right not to be governed by an old man in an office in Rome), the pope does not consider them Christians. But, the pope is just a man, nothing more. What right does he have?. Nil.

Let's calm down. I didn't say they weren't Christians. I said that neither the Catholic, not the Orthodox churches consider any other religion Christian. Ask any Orthodox or Catholic priest and they will tell you the same thing. Because, for them, Christianity is not only believing in the Christian God, but also having the religion Jesus Christ started. Jesus put the basis of Christianity, which was then divided into Othodoxism and Catholicism.
The Pope , the Patriarhs and all the councils and stuff say that all the other religions were started by humans and therefore are not Christian, although they believe in the Christian God.
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
June 6th, 2006 at 06:51pm
I am a Catholic, but I am not sure if I believe in God.
I do know I don't believe in some of the Catholic teachings.
My mom really wants me to be confirmed, but I don't want to be.
I don't know if I believe in God, as I've said before.
My mom said to me that she promised to God when she got married in a Catholic church, that she would try her best to raise her children as Catholics and get them confirmed.
To me, that isn't that fair, even though I really do understand where she is coming from.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 7th, 2006 at 07:16am
Yara:
You don't HAVE to be part of a religion, you have to remember that people.

Yes, exactly.
I don't think I would consider myself a Catholic.
Though I've been brought up with Catholic morals.

Instead, I take my beliefs from many different religions.
howshouldiknow
Killjoy
howshouldiknow
June 7th, 2006 at 10:56am
i'm jewish. born and raised. i believe in one god and celebrate all these cool holidays like passover, rosh hashana, and chanukah.
medea.
In The Murder Scene
medea.
June 7th, 2006 at 11:06am
I'm supposedly Russian Orthodox.

But my family roots go back to so many different religions, it makes my head hurt.

My grandpa is Jewish, my other one is Muslim. My grandma is Christian, and I have no idea about the other one.

I'm stuck. I don't know what to believe. And my parents never took me to church, never had me study the bible or what not.

I have no idea about religions. So, I have created my own version.

I believe that there really isn't a God, that we are the Gods. If there is a supernatural being, then it is only to record history.

And that's what I think.
Happy in the rain
Salute You in Your Grave
Happy in the rain
June 7th, 2006 at 05:19pm
I am Sikh, but most of the time i wish i wasn't. Being in the religion i am is tiresome, it holds me back from doing alot of stuff i would love to do. Soem of th stuff that i am not supposed to do keeps me from being a normal teenager. If i had a choise i wouldn't be in any religion, but if my parents or any of my familly members ever found out how much i hate being forced into this, they would proably dissown me; that just goe to show how strong they are about being Sikh. I guess some of the stuff is cool. Like the different way of life and things. But most of the time, it holds you back. Especially being a girl, you can't do anything.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
June 7th, 2006 at 07:33pm
^I'm just wondering what Sikh is. I think I know what it is but I'm not very sure.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
June 7th, 2006 at 07:49pm
I'm Christian...but like someone said,it's sad the people that say they are Christian,but are really not. My friends says she's a Christian,but then she goes like "oh my frickin' god!"
A cruce salus
Salute You in Your Grave
A cruce salus
June 8th, 2006 at 10:59am
yup....I'm a Christian too..I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, I go to church, read the Bible, and pray every day. I have been taught to respect other religions and I do. And I do have friends that claim to be Christian but they don't act like they are....I don't think you have to be very religious to be Christian, but maybe a little bit?...well, that's my religion. Rolling Eyes
Sheri; on the Coast!
Always Born a Crime
Sheri; on the Coast!
June 8th, 2006 at 12:05pm
Alas, Babylon:
Okay, I posted this in the original thread, but I like what I was trying to say.

I'm a born and raised Roman Catholic, I love Jesus and He loves me, I believe in God, and I pray often.
HOWEVER, I do not take the Bible literally. Catholics do not look at the Bible as fact, but rather as a basis for faith. Other sects of Christianity (Pennecostal, Mormon, Protestant, etc.) do actually take some or all of the Bible literally.

I went to a Protestant church for about eight or nine years, and we did not, in any way, take the bible literally.

I found that statement of yours odd and only because it seems that, in my area, Catholics are known to take the bible literally. I went to a Catholic church between the ages 1-5, then my family stopped going to church until we found my last church.. Then I fell out of organized religion entirely, though ever since I was about 10 or 11, Wiccan has been the only religion I seem to ever go back to. My best friend's mom (my best friend from that age, that is.) was Wiccan, so I learned a lot of it from her.
Sheri; on the Coast!
Always Born a Crime
Sheri; on the Coast!
June 8th, 2006 at 12:13pm
Bloodraine:
Scout for President.:
I don't believe in Jesus.

See, thats a thing.
Whereas I may be atheist, I believe Jesus did exist.

Its hardly inconcieveable, is it, a wandering preacher from Nazareth living 2,00 years ago. I don't believe he performed miracles. But I do believe he existed.
If I recall correctly there is, in fact, proof that a man name Jesus lived in that time period, that he did exist/claim to be holy/die by crucifixion. He was also funded and became famous by a man that carried out plenty of massacres or something to that affect. My friend, who's 10x smarter than me, was telling me about this one night when we got on the subject of religion.
Happy in the rain
Salute You in Your Grave
Happy in the rain
June 8th, 2006 at 02:22pm
starcrossedlovers:
^I'm just wondering what Sikh is. I think I know what it is but I'm not very sure.

It's a religion, it is from Asia, it it usually confussed with hinduism. But Sikhism is more resent... i think. But yeah, search it on google if i didn't enough info there.
diamond girl
In The Murder Scene
diamond girl
June 8th, 2006 at 05:23pm
I'm Protestant, and I go to a Unity Church. I go to church every Sunday. I think it's really great that I was raised in the church, because in the Unity Church, we accept everyone. We believe that you shouldn't judge somebody by their religion, race, or whether they are gay or straight. I know that some other religions look down on you if you are gay or believe in something other than what that church teaches. But in Unity we don't.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
June 8th, 2006 at 06:50pm
ANDREA!!<3:
yup....I'm a Christian too..I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, I go to church, read the Bible, and pray every day. I have been taught to respect other religions and I do. And I do have friends that claim to be Christian but they don't act like they are....I don't think you have to be very religious to be Christian, but maybe a little bit?...well, that's my religion. Rolling Eyes

Yeah,I agree.
My uncle said that a woman in our church had her son call her a "religious freak". The woman (Sherri) is strict,know-it-all and dosen't act religious at all. Scary.
cocorosie.
In a Bullet's Embrace
cocorosie.
June 9th, 2006 at 03:03pm
well, i don't have a religion... which is kind of weird, considering that where i'm from (Honduras, Central America) that is a really big deal, religion i mean... specially because most people are Christians. my mom was a christian, but because my dad didn't believe in god they decided on not having a religion... so it's weird. I believe in God but i don't know anything about it. Neutral
st.watsername
Killjoy
st.watsername
June 9th, 2006 at 06:00pm
well im catholic which is under the cristian rule
so i do only believe in one god
but what ticks me off is that
people can say they are a major cristian
all they want but in most cases
those are the ones who are full
of it because they think just because they
read the bible that they know everything
or are really religious but anyone can read the bible
you just have to know what its about
and understand it and they say that they are good
people but most of the time they think when they
commit a sin that they can just ask for forgiveness
and do it again just as they ask for forgiveness
afterwords but it doesnt work like that
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
June 9th, 2006 at 08:27pm
I think it's ironic; some people on this thread claim to be very religious, yet they use profanity in their siggys and posts.

Suzi, I'm not trying to pick on you, yours was just the first thing I saw.

today i feel: o.O:
Anyways, I am a Christian and believe in one God, though I am ashamed of the majority of the people who call themselves Christians. They are such airheads. Seriously. They think they're better than everyone else. Grr.

Yet in your siggy, it says "pull the fucking trigger...i'll be your shooting star"
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
June 10th, 2006 at 12:54am
No, I'm not very religious. But I do like to hear stories of so and so.

Basically, I try to ignore it as much as possible.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 10th, 2006 at 03:08am
I have a question:
If Christians are meant to live by the bible and what ever, shouldn't you all be Armish?
I mean, god never invented cars or anything like that. So wouldn't that be breaking the second commandment?
"Thou shall not make thy self an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below" ?
I mean, god created all that we needed. So then, creating more things that god never got around to thinking of, isn't that almost being blasphemiss?