Don't have an account? Create one!

Straight Edge.

AuthorMessage
Horror Show.xx
Killjoy
Horror Show.xx
December 15th, 2006 at 06:51pm
I think it's good that they have made the choice to be staright edge (not that being edge is a horrible thing) it just saves you from problems that are associated with Alcohol,smoking,etc.
bothersome-faces
Killjoy
bothersome-faces
December 15th, 2006 at 07:44pm
the lifstyle u choose is exactly that, your own choice.
i personally wouldn't concider my self a straight edge.
i do avoide taking any medication unless absolutly necissary.
i don't do drugs.
i may have a drink here and there.
i like coffee, i'm not dependant on it, but i like it O.o
don't smoke, it's descusting.
chloeblue
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeblue
December 17th, 2006 at 01:45am
I used to be straight edge..once you get out of it its hard to get back into
XxamandaxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxamandaxX
December 17th, 2006 at 04:16am
I think if you have the discipline to be straight edge than that's great. I don't think I could do that though.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 17th, 2006 at 12:41pm
Just because you refrain from drugs/smoking/drinking/permiscuous sex doesn't make you straight edge. It's a whole lifestyle people adopt. However, it's just as easy to not be straight edge and say 'I don't need those things to have fun' or something of the like.
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
December 17th, 2006 at 02:31pm
Its a good idea.
But i think i'd die of starvation if i didnt eat foods with chemicals in. Cause i dont eat vegetables.
But PLEASE dont htink that makes me fat....Sad
ANy way back to the subject...I think the whole, no drugs, drink, smoking, or promiscuous sex is the best idea.
Cept iv never done any of them but drink.
And i didnt do much of that!Very Happy
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
December 17th, 2006 at 04:24pm
I think it's really cool, but you've got to have the willpower to be able to limit yourself so much as far as food goes, just like any sort of special diet (whether it's a weight loss diet, a diabetic diet, whatever).

To be honest, I don't even think of the no smoking, drugs, drinking, promiscuity being a completely "straight edge" thing, because there are plenty of people out there who don't do that stuff (but we load up on the caffiene, fatty foods and processed foods! Wink). Yeah, it's a part of it, but that's not all that it is.

Like I said, I think it's great, and I have respect for those who choose to do it and are able to stick to it. I for one would not be able to... I can barely get through the day without my three cups of coffee, at the very least. Very Happy
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 18th, 2006 at 12:07pm
I guess I'm straight edge I 've been offered to smoke,drink, drugs, and to have sex (don't ask) but I said NO.
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
December 18th, 2006 at 12:45pm
For me straight edge seems boring
But it's cool people can do it,
But abit weird when people go im 'kinda' straight edge
You either are or you arn't.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
December 18th, 2006 at 05:44pm
My fiance's straight edge.

I'm not.

It's amusing or else very annoying.
drop dead; gorgeous.
Really Not Okay
drop dead; gorgeous.
December 18th, 2006 at 07:43pm

I'd love to be straight edge, but I don't think someone can be completely sXe until they're 18 or so, since tobacco is illegal under that age and drinking is prohibited to people under 21 anyway.
I'm planning on making that choice when I'm older. Right now I'm pretty clean... I hope to stay that way. Fourteen is pretty young to decide something like staying completely away from drugs, alcohol, tobacco, & sex. Even though I do stay away from these things, I don't consider myself sXe yet. Who knows? I might get really stupid and turn into an alcoholic, & all my friends either love to drink or they smoke.
Coff
Fabulous Killjoy
Coff
December 18th, 2006 at 09:37pm
I don't call myself sxe.

I just don't do those things. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs. Because it's just not for me. I know if I did start, I would become addicted. I have a family of alcoholics and drug addicts.

I don't promote the use of doing these, but at the same time, if someone wants to do those kinds of things, then sure, go for it.

It's up to them to decide.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
December 19th, 2006 at 01:43pm
Don't forget that Straight Edge isn't just about saying no to drugs, smoking, sex and alcohol. It's also about eating organic foods (not processed, no chemicals), and not having caffiene and such.

People seem to forget about the food part. It's not just sex and drugs. Wink
drop dead; gorgeous.
Really Not Okay
drop dead; gorgeous.
December 19th, 2006 at 05:38pm
stormygirl84:
Don't forget that Straight Edge isn't just about saying no to drugs, smoking, sex and alcohol. It's also about eating organic foods (not processed, no chemicals), and not having caffiene and such.

People seem to forget about the food part. It's not just sex and drugs. Wink

Isn't that a different degree of it though? Like with vegetarians, the vegans, veggie lite, etc...
I think it goes with Straight Edge too.
KaylaDanielle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KaylaDanielle
December 20th, 2006 at 11:09pm
I'm pretty Straight Edge, one of the reasons I broke with my ex-bf is because he smoked and drinked. But I don't cut out caffeine...yet. Because I automatically have to have diet drinks and its sometimes hard to find caffeine free diet drinks. Also, I take certain prescription drugs when I'm sick, but nothing like meth or marijuana or anything like that. Also, I take insulin...and without that...I would die, literally.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 21st, 2006 at 07:16pm
Actually, according to Straightedgeonline.org, caffiene is not set-in-stone included. Some choose to leave it out, most don't.

And from straightedge.com: "There are no dietary or religious beliefs tied to straight edge contrary to media coverage"

So it's really up to the person who is taking on the lifestyle.
dean winchester.
Tragic With a Capital T
dean winchester.
December 21st, 2006 at 09:59pm
I'm straightedge. There's only two of us in my group of friends that are straightedge. I pretty much hang out with a lot of hardcore drinkers, and smokers. All of the kids in my town resort to drinking and doing drugs because there's "nothing to do". I've never smoked. Never will. I don't want to infect my body. Yeah, I've drank before at weddings and such, but, I've stopped.

I went straightedge because of the one kid at my school died of a mixture of pot, morphine, alcohol, and shrooms. Soon as I found out [last March] I went straightedge. I didn't want to be involved with any of it.
Fear;;
Motor Baby
Fear;;
December 21st, 2006 at 10:03pm
Kym; Dressed to Kill:
I'm straightedge. There's only two of us in my group of friends that are straightedge. I pretty much hang out with a lot of hardcore drinkers, and smokers. All of the kids in my town resort to drinking and doing drugs because there's "nothing to do". I've never smoked. Never will. I don't want to infect my body. Yeah, I've drank before at weddings and such, but, I've stopped.

I went straightedge because of the one kid at my school died of a mixture of pot, morphine, alcohol, and shrooms. Soon as I found out [last March] I went straightedge. I didn't want to be involved with any of it.

I completely feel you....I'm The only straightedge Kid at my school. One other girl claims it, but breaks every weekend. I'm ashamed of her.

Kids in my class started being sent to rehab around seventh grade. Now, it seems normal to come to school and hear that Zac or Whitney or anyone else has been sent to rehab, or juvie, or boot camp, and they criticize me about my beliefs. It's really not right. I hate to look at it this way, btu I'm so afraid that all my friends will die early...and I'll be the only one left.
BlackTangledHeart
Killjoy
BlackTangledHeart
December 26th, 2006 at 03:56pm
i presonally think that anyone under the age of 18 cant really be classifyed as straight-edge, because people who are straight-edge dont do drugs, or smoke (amongst other things). they cant, because it was illegal in the first palce, so its not like they have the choice to not do it, if they didnt start in the first place.
mikeygerard
Fabulous Killjoy
mikeygerard
December 27th, 2006 at 01:07am
hmm thats very accurate of what a straight edge is, but if i had to say its very similar to what u state. but its a bit more basic, i just say their lifestyle is one that is not into any type of drugs, unless prescribed by a physician, alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited by them too. heh, i guess i am kinda one too, but the only thing is that im a social drinker, but i don't drink too much either. I'll try a little amount of drinks, and as for drugs and smokin heh, im not into them ^^;