Don't have an account? Create one!

Straight Edge.

AuthorMessage
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
October 13th, 2006 at 09:06am
Glittering Wax Butterfly.:
Who fucking cares if it`s in the scene or not?
Straight edge is a great way to live.
And who said positive peer pressure was a bad thing?
If being healthy is the new in, then I guess I`m following the trend.

Absolutely.

Straight edgers are often healthier too.
I don't think it's scene, but I don't know if I'm straight edge or not.
I mean, I don't plan on drinking, smoking or taking drugs and just sleeping with anyone who feels like sleeping with me, but I'm underage, so I don't know if I can be considered.
There's peer pressure to already drink, smoke and take drugs already and I'm 14.

I don't care if following the trend is what I'm doing, I'm not doing it to be scene or cool, I'm doing it for my personal reasons.
No more, no less.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 13th, 2006 at 09:41am
I think thats the best reason. But at the same time, if kids are being healthier because its "scene" can that really be a bad thing? Sure, its the wrong reason, but its got to have a good outcome.

Although, if you don't stick to it, you're kind of making a mockery of the whole thing. Kind of like vegetarianism. If you're going to do it, do it - don't mess everyone who really does do it about.
Fear;;
Motor Baby
Fear;;
October 13th, 2006 at 10:45am
It really surprised me when my friends understood why I was straight edge, wsince most of them are smokers or drinkers. Some of them even asked me for help on getting their life straightened out.

I talked to my mom about it too, and she seemed excited abou tit at first, but then skeptical. She thinks it's just a stage, that I'm following a scene. I try and try again to explain to her, that this is my life, and I'm not going to change it, but she still seems to think that I'm going to go to some boy's house and have sex with them(Which is really rough for me because my best friend is a boy)

Does anyone know how I can prove to her that this isn't a fluke?
Something
Killjoy
Something
October 13th, 2006 at 04:47pm
I'm straight edge...

I do drink alot of caffine....

but..

Who here puts the X on their hand...or paint one nail white..cuz i think that is pretty uncalled for....
Matthew Mitcham.
Bleeding on the Floor
Matthew Mitcham.
October 14th, 2006 at 10:53am
I have two questions;

1- If you take anti depressants, although avoid everything else, would you still be considered straightedge?

And;

2- Say you'd done/had drugs/alcohol/pre marital sex, etc, before, but then decided to go completely clean/sober and lead a straightedge lifestyle, would you be considered straightedge, despite your previous lifestyle?

It's just that I've heard from pretty much all sXe's that they've never done drugs, smoked a cigarette, drank alcohol, etc, though out their whole life.
Is this the only way to be considered sXe?

As for my own opinion, I have a lot of respect for those that can live their life like that. Being underage, I don’t really have enough experience in life to state whether or not I’m straightedge, but the world probably would be a better place if everyone lived their life this way.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 14th, 2006 at 12:32pm
^ I would say that sXe is a conscious decision to avoid drugs, alcohol and premarital/casual sex, regardless of your previous lifestyle. I mean, it shouldn't be about who you have been, it should be about who you are.
go_screw_a_whale
Killjoy
go_screw_a_whale
October 14th, 2006 at 01:50pm
I love coffee, so I love caffiene.
And I have kidney problems, with out some medicine I could die. So I can't live without some stuff.
As far as smoking/drinking goes, I am never going to start. I'm not going to even try because I know that addiction runs in my family, and I don't want to risk ruining my body and the lives of the people I care about.
My opinion on the drug-free no drinking/smoking thing, I am 100% for that.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 14th, 2006 at 06:41pm
Look, it's cool, Glittering Wax Butterfly
Ismashpumpkins
Fabulous Killjoy
Ismashpumpkins
October 15th, 2006 at 09:06pm
I'm straight-edge and have been for quite a while now, and I think it's a good lifestyle.
I mean, I personally don't believe in recreational drugs, just because I don't understand why someone would want to conciously ruin their mind or body. The same goes for excessive drinking. Perscription drugs are understandable.
But if you do drink/do drugs/etc, I'm fine with it, it's your choice.
I won't try and force my sXe beliefs on you if you don't force your beliefs that might be otherwise on me.

xI weargloves finger-less gloves with white Xs on them sometimes- why do you think it's uncalled for, 'the patient"?
Ismashpumpkins
Fabulous Killjoy
Ismashpumpkins
October 15th, 2006 at 09:12pm
give amber; SPACE'':
It's a good cause.
But just wait 'til the scene drops.
Seriously. Being straight edge is just like, part of the scene now.
I mean, I'm sure lots of people do it for other reasons.
But honestly, I think that most of it is just part of someone's.
"image."

I don't think it's part of the image if people don't want to end up like:
Bon scott(AC/DC)-Died of chocking on own vomit after excessive drinking
Elvis-Died of drug over-load.
Pink floyd-too much LSD drove one insane.
xx rawr im a ninja turtle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xx rawr im a ninja turtle
October 15th, 2006 at 09:27pm
okay well i believe that theres like different levels of striaght edge. i don't consider myself fully striaght edge because on occassion i drink.

but i absolutely FUCKING HATE people who assume that they're superior to me becuase they're into drugs and shit. it pisses me off because it should actually be the other way around. like i have 2 friends that think they're better then me becuase theyre into all that. that does not make them smarter, better, or more mature. END of story.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
October 15th, 2006 at 09:35pm
Glittering Wax Butterfly.:
Who fucking cares if it`s in the scene or not?
Straight edge is a great way to live.
And who said positive peer pressure was a bad thing?
If being healthy is the new in, then I guess I`m following the trend.

Amen to that.

I'm Straightedge.
It's extremely hard [at the school I'm in, most people are druggies],
but you don't understand how proud it makes me.

It makes me proud to know that I can withstand the peer pressure and even the
jokes. I don't care what those crackwhores say, they're probably stoned when they're
staying it anyways.

So yeah.
=]
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 16th, 2006 at 06:41am
Good for you Smile
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 16th, 2006 at 03:25pm
TreehuggerxCore:

you don't understand how proud it makes me.

Your really inspiring, what a wonderful thing to have achieved in your life. Because we all know that saying NO and being different are two very hard things to do! I am proud that there are people like you in this world!
Ismashpumpkins
Fabulous Killjoy
Ismashpumpkins
October 16th, 2006 at 09:37pm
*internet hugs Treehuggerxcore*
suicide_girl_aly
Jazz Hands
suicide_girl_aly
October 16th, 2006 at 10:43pm
im not exactly sXe cuz i do drink very rarely. But i don't really like drinking so i only do it if the alcohol is really good and i haven't had acohol in a year so... i guess im sorta sXe but i wouldn't call me one.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 17th, 2006 at 03:45pm
I'm not straight edge, neither am I stupid. I just do everything in moderation
LaurenCryptorchid
Fabulous Killjoy
LaurenCryptorchid
November 25th, 2006 at 02:14am
In my personal opinion, I don't think you have to cut out caffiene to be straight edge. I mean, I consider myself straight edge, but I drink coffee all the time. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, and I don't smoke. I just happen to have a starbucks with my big bowl of sugary cereal in the morning. Its the same thing as me happening to be left handed and someone saying it's not the christian way. Or the way I happen to cuss alot, but I do believe in God and the ten commandments and all that noise. But thats just my opinion. : /
freakgrl
Killjoy
freakgrl
November 25th, 2006 at 03:06am
You could possibly count me as straight edge.
I'm only 16 [17 soon]
And I don't do things like drink, smoke or have underage sex.
I love my family, I get good grades and I haven't told anyone of my depression or self-harm.
Firstly though, I'm asian,
so... Obviously, doing things like that would make me extremely unorthadox.
and listening to MCR kind of music is in fact, extremely unorthadox in itself.
But anyway,
I'm probably relatively sXe
Paroxysm
Joining The Black Parade
Paroxysm
November 25th, 2006 at 05:13am
Mr. Fizz:
A friend of mine thinks that you're not straight edge if you're under eighteen.
You're just following the law.
Any opinions?

Thas like saying that just because you under 18 means that you cant do drugs and there is no Perr Pressure watsoever