Don't have an account? Create one!

Straight Edge.

AuthorMessage
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 29th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Rocker_-_Girl:
Personally, I applaud people who are sXe. I'm not because I couldn't live without caffine.

You don't nessicarily have to give up caffine.
You can still be sxe.
Giving up caffine is optional.
Otherwise, you're still sxe.
Sweet.Sorrow
Motor Baby
Sweet.Sorrow
August 29th, 2006 at 05:08pm
Yep I guess I still am. I'm not sure if I will be when I get older. I might because it sounds good for you, but I'll probably wind up drinking once in a while, not getting smashed every night or anything, just a bit sometimes but I won't do any of the other things like having sex or doing drugs or smoking. Like I said, as long as you can be happy with the decisions you make, go ahead and do what you want.
A Friendly Reminder
Jazz Hands
A Friendly Reminder
September 18th, 2006 at 10:03am
i think its great. i think everyone should be like this. i think the world would be a better place. i mean yeah it sounds dumb but i really think people should try it. i think we would be healthier and much more apt to do things. not just sit around on our asses and pick our noses while watching TV. i think we are lazy. i think it would be a good change for people.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
September 18th, 2006 at 10:44am
I have a step brother who is sxe, and he is a very confused person.
Sure, they don't promote drugs, alcohol, caffiene, but sxe 'gangs' beat up people who do drugs, drink alcohol, have promiscious sex, ect.
So, straight edge people are complete hypocrites, bcoz they promote violence to replace drugs and alcohol. It makes no sense.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
September 18th, 2006 at 10:54am
^ SOME straight edge people are like that. I've never heard anyone say something like that before, so that is news to me. Most straight edge people most certainly aren't like that. Those people are giving out a terrible message about an otherwise positive way of living.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
September 20th, 2006 at 10:15am
Mud:
^ SOME straight edge people are like that. I've never heard anyone say something like that before, so that is news to me. Most straight edge people most certainly aren't like that. Those people are giving out a terrible message about an otherwise positive way of living.

Yeah. My step brother says a lot of them are like what I just explained, but it could be cos it's a bit different in every state / country, i don't know.
Seven_illusions
Killjoy
Seven_illusions
October 3rd, 2006 at 02:00pm
I agree with everybody that sXe is to OVERUSED ....
I do agree that it's a good cause ...
What is it with people and having to tarnish the reputation of things?!(so called sXe gangs)
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
October 5th, 2006 at 11:34am
Vegan, straight edge, no comprimise
has anyone ever heard of i killed the prom queen?? they are an amazing band who are against drinking, smoking and drugs
i think this is good because some of their fans tend to be the smoker/drinker type and hopefully they will listen to the message the band are trying to get out

i think that it is a good cause, kids are too exposed to drinks, drugs and smoking these days. You hear people talking about how smashed they got on the weekend or see the smoking in the bathroom and just think, what are they doing i'm not exactly straight edge, i have drunken alchol before but i havent been drunk, and i'm not a vegetarian but i am fully against drugs, promiscous sex and smoking

i just think it's so wrong for 14 year olds and younger to be going to get drunk and have sex. i don't know about where other people are but where i live it's very common for people to do things like that on the weekends.

i just think it's really sad to think about all the people who have thrown away their childhood like that :'(
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 6th, 2006 at 04:31am
Sezrapiratepants:
Vegan, straight edge, no comprimise
has anyone ever heard of i killed the prom queen?? they are an amazing band who are against drinking, smoking and drugs
i think this is good because some of their fans tend to be the smoker/drinker type and hopefully they will listen to the message the band are trying to get out

i think that it is a good cause, kids are too exposed to drinks, drugs and smoking these days. You hear people talking about how smashed they got on the weekend or see the smoking in the bathroom and just think, what are they doing i'm not exactly straight edge, i have drunken alchol before but i havent been drunk, and i'm not a vegetarian but i am fully against drugs, promiscous sex and smoking

i just think it's so wrong for 14 year olds and younger to be going to get drunk and have sex. i don't know about where other people are but where i live it's very common for people to do things like that on the weekends.

i just think it's really sad to think about all the people who have thrown away their childhood like that :'(
Hang on... Sezrapiratepants, are you vegan and straight edge? Or non-vegetarian and do drink? Your first sentence and second paragraph seem contradictory...
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
October 8th, 2006 at 09:37am
yes i no, my first sentence isnt mine its from i killed the prom queen, i'm not vego but i am pretty much straight edge now but i have drunk alcohol before, does that help?
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 11th, 2006 at 01:00pm
I suppose I could be Straight egde, but probabley only because I'm 14 and I don't smoke and hardly ever drink and stuff, but when I'm older I won't be as much. There's nothing wrong with it, though, it's just your choice
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
October 11th, 2006 at 07:51pm
actress girl:
when I'm older I won't be as much.
Straight Edge doesn't work like that. It's something you plan to stick with.
Sylvia.
Salute You in Your Grave
Sylvia.
October 11th, 2006 at 08:10pm
Who fucking cares if it`s in the scene or not?
Straight edge is a great way to live.
And who said positive peer pressure was a bad thing?
If being healthy is the new in, then I guess I`m following the trend.
bring me the horizon
Salute You in Your Grave
bring me the horizon
October 12th, 2006 at 12:44pm
im not straightedge unfrotunately. i wish i was but unfortunately without caffiene, prescription tablets i would die, and due to the people i have grown up with i have become involved with underage drinking, <b>but </b> i do think that recreational drugs + smoking is really silly and is a bit of a deathwish =/
i dont have a problem with straightedge people i wish the world had more people that were to be honest
x
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 12th, 2006 at 04:13pm
Glittering Wax Butterfly.:
Who fucking cares if it`s in the scene or not?
Straight edge is a great way to live.
And who said positive peer pressure was a bad thing?
If being healthy is the new in, then I guess I`m following the trend.

well i dont plan to stick with it lol
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
October 12th, 2006 at 09:03pm
1. Check before you make a new thread. Duplicates get deleted.

2. Spam is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. Stick to the topic at all times.

3. Keep it as calm and civilized as possible please. Let people have their own opinions, don't force yours on anyone.

4. No pyramid quoting.

5. No spam threads. This means no "rate this or that" thread. No "how do u liek chocolat?" or "i liek pie, do u?".

6. If I lock/delete your thread, read these rules again. Did your thread break any of the rules? If so, you have no right to complain. If your thread was wrongfully locked/deleted, pm me and we can talk about it.

7. If you want to talk about MCR, you can do so in the Band board.

8. If you agree with someone's post, and you quote it, ALWAYS add your own opinion to it

9. I don't allow profanity here.

10. "Page claim" is spam. Spam is not allowed.

11. "I agree" or "I like <insert topic here>" isn't enough. Elaborate your opinion please.

12. No Chat Speak! Use proper grammar please!

13. If you're unsure about making a thread because of any reason, pm me first and I will let you know if it's ok or not.

14. If someone makes a thread that doesn't belong here, don't waste four pages telling this person off. Just ignore it until a moderator comes online and deals with it.
Hullo beautiful
Killjoy
Hullo beautiful
October 12th, 2006 at 11:37pm
i think more people should consider being stright edge it really makes u think about life

<3 i consider myself straight edge although i do take tylonal for it's needed purpose
Bloody Love
Really Not Okay
Bloody Love
October 13th, 2006 at 12:20am
More power to those who are straight edgers!!!!!
I so respect them and what they stand for...
I like alchohol and caffine to much even tho I dont drink or have promiscuous sex
but I have respect for those who are.....
Sylvia.
Salute You in Your Grave
Sylvia.
October 13th, 2006 at 08:44am
actress girl:

well i dont plan to stick with it lol

When did I insinuate that it wouldn`t be something to stick with?
Please explain what you said, because I don`t understand the point you`re trying to make.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 13th, 2006 at 09:01am
^ I think she quoted the wrong bit. She meant to quote "Straight Edge don't work like that, etc." from Mr Fizz and then "well i don't plan to stick with it" was her reply. In that case, I would suggest that you aren't straight edge, you're just not ready to do those things.