Don't have an account? Create one!

Student/Teacher Relationships

AuthorMessage
Priss
Fabulous Killjoy
Priss
November 4th, 2006 at 03:59pm
well I go to a omly girls school and my science techer is dating one of the seniors it kind of creeps the hell out of me cuz the guy is like 33 and she's hardly 18 but the principal knows and didn't do anything besides is not like it has affected his preformance as a teacher, so I don't really care as long as they don't do anything inside the school itself.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 4th, 2006 at 04:28pm
GothFairyGodess, there is nothing wrong with love. Is there?

How can you so easily make a blanket statement that all teacher-student relationships are "gross"? They are no different than age-gap relationships, or any relationship, really. Love knows no age.

Granted, there should be age limitations on sex. And the teachers that abuse their power to bed their students are sick, blackmailing criminals.

But not all student-teacher relationships are based on sex, and not all that have sex are doing so out of only lust or because they were forced to.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 4th, 2006 at 09:39pm
bloodredruby69:
GothFairyGodess, there is nothing wrong with love. Is there?

How can you so easily make a blanket statement that all teacher-student relationships are "gross"? They are no different than age-gap relationships, or any relationship, really. Love knows no age.

Granted, there should be age limitations on sex. And the teachers that abuse their power to bed their students are sick, blackmailing criminals.

But not all student-teacher relationships are based on sex, and not all that have sex are doing so out of only lust or because they were forced to.

My name is jennifer Re-read my post I have a right to state my opinion on what I think.!And I said Unless their like 18 or something its not that bad but when you think about it its like their dating their child or something .
The teacher is like old enough to be their parent thats why I said it was kinda gross.

So you cant attack my opinion for this.

Love is a beautiful thing but not when its twisted like that if your in college its different but not highschoolers.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 4th, 2006 at 10:11pm
GothFairyGodess:
I think its one of the most sickest things out there No students should Have relationships with a teacher thats DISGUSTING!...I guess unless they were 18 but thats like having a relationship with your son or daughter if you think about it thats like just wrong..Come on maan..Maybe ifyour in College thats different.Because everybody is older..I went to this school and some teacher got arrested she was having sex with Fifteen year old boys and buying them cars her name was mrs.Freeman and she was married sick son of a bitch she deserved it.Thats gross teachers porkin their students..

Stating that all teacher/student relationships are all digusting is extremely narrow-minded. Provide more information to explain your statement.

That's basically like me stating ' All people on welfare are non-intelligent and lazy incompetent morons.'
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 4th, 2006 at 11:37pm
Whatever I dont wanna argue with everyone it was my opinion I have a right to state my opinion.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 4th, 2006 at 11:43pm
GothFairyGodess:
Whatever I dont wanna argue with everyone it was my opinion I have a right to state my opinion.

I know it's your opinion and I'm not instigating anything. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm simply asking you to extend in detail on why your opinion is only directed at the thought of ' All Student/Teacher relationships are gross'.

For this is a Discussion Board.
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
November 5th, 2006 at 12:08am
MyOwnImmortality:
GothFairyGodess:

I know it's your opinion and I'm not instigating anything. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm simply asking you to extend in detail on why your opinion is only directed at the thought of ' All Student/Teacher relationships are gross'.

i agree
age can just be a number, but there could be consequences
then again, follow you're heart
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 5th, 2006 at 12:15am
MyOwnImmortality:
GothFairyGodess:

Well Im not that smart so your gonna have to deal with the way I express my opinion so sorry if I'm not that great at explaining myself I have a disability probably I'm not good at explaining things brightly.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 5th, 2006 at 01:29am
Jennifer, then.

I did not attack your opinon. To do so would be to state that it was wrong, stupid or bad. I did none of these things. What I did was post a response, containing questions and statements written to try and have you see things from a different POV.

You have a right to your opinion and a right to state it, yes, but this is the discussion board. It will be commented on and worked into the discussion, and if you do not like that, then you shouldn't post here.

DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 5th, 2006 at 12:42pm
Whatever Like I said Im not gonna argue.
green days girl xxx
Killjoy
green days girl xxx
November 5th, 2006 at 01:21pm
its not wrong in some ways as they must have some kind of feeling towards eachother so you cant blame them for how they feel
milly-rose
Killjoy
milly-rose
November 7th, 2006 at 03:58pm
hmm.
i think high school, as in under legal age, relationships with teachers are a bit weird. but once you grow older and go to college, you can't help wjho you fall for i guess.
and the gross thing, not all teachers are old and past it. one of my teachers is only 24 (and he's a hottie! haha), which is an age i would consider a relationship with someone at. it's one of those issues where maturity should really be taken into account. there's a difference between a 40 year old teacher molesting a 12 year old and a consentual relationship between a mature 16 year old and someone int their mid-twenties.
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 8th, 2006 at 05:40am
As long as they are over the age of 18 I'm fine with it....
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
November 8th, 2006 at 12:08pm
it is illiegal to sleep with a student if like maths teacher is sleeping with a religion teacher is ok we had a case like that but not sleeping kissing llol
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
November 8th, 2006 at 12:09pm
but i agree if it is over 18 appatently i live school yay! it is fine... because it is legal
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 8th, 2006 at 06:21pm
^Yes, but just because something is illegal, does that make it wrong or bad? Some people love their teachers and their teachers love them back. Age really shouldn't be a factor.

And yes, of course I mean that within reasonable boundries.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
November 9th, 2006 at 06:08pm
Well isn't it like dating anyone else older than you? Someone that isn't a teacher? I mean as long as they're not giving you better grades or trying to bribe you into doing something you don't want to do, I see no problem with it. I think the principal and the student's parents should know about it though. I don't believe they should have sex until the student is at the sex age and maybe until the teacher isn't teaching the student, since that could affect the student's grades and that isn't fair at all. Otherwise, I think they should be able to have a relationship.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 9th, 2006 at 09:37pm
True thats what I was tryin to say as long as its under 18 and up then whatever.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 9th, 2006 at 11:18pm
^But why should it have to 18 and up, when there are kids 15, 16, 17 that are already having/have had sexual relations in the past?

As long as the sex isn't due to the older party pressuring the student into it (or vice versa, for that matter) and they are safe, then it really should not be an issue.
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
November 10th, 2006 at 02:48am
as long as laws are followed, I can't say that all teacher/student relationships are bad.

grant it, I'm not saying they don't creep me out the tiniest bit,
but who am I to judge?

but I can see how it would cause a major disruption in the school.
I mean, I'd be pissed if I found out a girl was with the teacher cause it leads to rumors of favortism and better grades and what not.
that, and the ridicule the student would face.

It seems like a lot of drama for something that is usually just a person living out a fantasy.

but then again, if it's really love, then follow your heart ::cue sappy music::