Don't have an account? Create one!

Student/Teacher Relationships

AuthorMessage
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
March 27th, 2008 at 09:34pm
hmm idk legal age or not... love is love?
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
March 27th, 2008 at 09:35pm
hmm idk legal age or not... love is love?
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 27th, 2008 at 09:40pm
love is love. but sometimes those teachers are really messed up...
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
March 27th, 2008 at 09:59pm
I think its totally disgusting, but if they are legally aloud to date, then, I guess it's really none of my business.
My English teacher was telling us around the time when we where learning about speech's and how to look and present yourself etc. and he was talking about all the v-necks that you see girls wearing and how a lot of the male teachers won't say anything to the girls about it etc. because they like it or whatever.... it was really sick.
To be honest, its creepy really. All the rumors and everything that surround it, it makes you uncomfortable to ask that teacher a question when you need help with something homework related. It can mess up a lot of things. And sure love is love, but, no offense, I would not feel comfortable knowing that my math teacher or who ever got some girl who was my age pregnant. One, the age difference. And though it would be none of my business, I would just feel awkward around that teacher.
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
March 29th, 2008 at 02:16pm
Wow.

Well if the age difference is really big there could be a problem.

But I really think this shouldn't affect this teachers job. It's their lives. Can't they fuck who they wanna?
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
March 30th, 2008 at 09:51pm
turophile:
I think its totally disgusting, but if they are legally aloud to date, then, I guess it's really none of my business.
My English teacher was telling us around the time when we where learning about speech's and how to look and present yourself etc. and he was talking about all the v-necks that you see girls wearing and how a lot of the male teachers won't say anything to the girls about it etc. because they like it or whatever.... it was really sick.
To be honest, its creepy really. All the rumors and everything that surround it, it makes you uncomfortable to ask that teacher a question when you need help with something homework related. It can mess up a lot of things. And sure love is love, but, no offense, I would not feel comfortable knowing that my math teacher or who ever got some girl who was my age pregnant. One, the age difference. And though it would be none of my business, I would just feel awkward around that teacher.

In 99.9999% of cases i totally agree with you, all im saying is that i think its hard to judge because i dont really kno the situation and im sure in some cases people are in love.... and it doesnt matter what age, teacher, student, whatever. but i do agree you in the awkwardness of it
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
March 30th, 2008 at 09:51pm
turophile:

In 99.9999% of cases i totally agree with you, all im saying is that i think its hard to judge because i dont really kno the situation and im sure in some cases people are in love.... and it doesnt matter what age, teacher, student, whatever. but i do agree you in the awkwardness of it
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 5th, 2008 at 11:10am
I think that it's wrong in the first place, a teacher shouldn't be putting their personal and business life's together. A teacher should not be having a relationship with their student whether their underage or not.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 5th, 2008 at 11:14am
If the student is over 18 (which I think is the age of consent for teachers and cops, and stuff), and the teacher doesn't teach that student, then sure go ahead. I think if you do teach the student, then it is hard to keep school and home seperate, and it may become awkward.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 12:01pm
xhead1st4halos94x:
im sure in some cases people are in love.... and it doesnt matter what age, teacher, student, whatever.

An adult can truly be in love with a five year old but that doesn't make it okay. I think in most of these situations the teacher is taking advantage of the student.
There was a teacher at my school who was having sex with one of his student. The student was 17 at the time and the teacher was over 40. I think that is disgusting, and totally inappropriate.
On the other hand I know an 18 year old senior who dates her student teacher. (who is about 22) It really depends on the situation and exactly how old the people involved are.
Rainbow_Vampire
Killjoy
Rainbow_Vampire
August 6th, 2008 at 02:16am
If you like some one, you like some one. You can't change how your feel.

As long as both student and teacher want it then I believe it's ok.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 6th, 2008 at 03:24am
Rainbow_Vampire:
If you like some one, you like some one. You can't change how your feel.

As long as both student and teacher want it then I believe it's ok.
But what if it's a 40 year old man and a toddler? Or a middle-schooler? A case very similar just happened in my home town. You can't honestly believe that an 8 year old girl will know what she wants and who she wants to sleep with - especially since she isn't even physically ready, (never mind mentally) to have sex.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 6th, 2008 at 05:06am
i think in most of the cases its extremely disgusting, but i think if the student as old enough to know what they are doing, and are not teached by the teacher than its their business. but when its teachers taking advantage of younder students who are not fully aware of what they are doing and are definately not mentally or physically ready it is absolutely disgusting. fi the student is 18 its their business. but i personally would not want to be taught by that teacher or have an aphiliation with them, it would freak me out.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:53pm
I don't think that laws should get into other peoples love, unless it's rape.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 8th, 2008 at 03:15pm
sciencefreak897:
I don't think that laws should get into other peoples love, unless it's rape.

What about incest, pedophilia, bestiality? Are those okay because it's 'love'?
There are laws for a reason, not necessarily to interfere, but to protect students/teachers from the backlash of such a relationship. It's the same as sleeping with your boss. It complicates the workplace and can be unfair to other employees/students. A teacher would probably show favoritism for the student he/she is in a relationship with and that is unfair to all the other students.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 8th, 2008 at 06:43pm
As teachers, we have a duty of care for our pupils.
By entering into relationships with students that trust is broken, regardless of age or whatever.
Teachers are classed as "loco parentis"... your parents in school... therefore an sexual relationship is against the ethos of being a teacher.

If the pupil has left school and they meet up with a teacher as an adult, the situation is different but while the student is at school it is ethically and morally wrong.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
September 9th, 2008 at 07:38pm
Teachers are generally trusted in a school, and so I think it's worse than if the relationship is between a student and say, any other adult. They could easily abuse that trust, and rape or something like wouldn't be far-fetched at all.
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
September 11th, 2008 at 12:58pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
If the pupil has left school and they meet up with a teacher as an adult, the situation is different but while the student is at school it is ethically and morally wrong.

True, but that's not to say that outside of school, anything goes.
I think the point is, it's a teacher and a student. There was a situation at a school in my city where a teacher took a student (this was during school hours) and they went two blocks down and... yeah. Whether they're in school, out of school, even if it's in summer-- I don't think it's right.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 11th, 2008 at 06:06pm
that was the point i was making. As adults it is a different ball game, but while the student is still at school it is a betrayal of a teacher's duty of care. It is the first thing that you are taught during teacher training. As a teacher myself, who is passionate about my profession, i feel very strongly that teachers should never abuse the trust that is automatically awarded to them.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
January 10th, 2009 at 11:35pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
that was the point i was making. As adults it is a different ball game, but while the student is still at school it is a betrayal of a teacher's duty of care. It is the first thing that you are taught during teacher training. As a teacher myself, who is passionate about my profession, i feel very strongly that teachers should never abuse the trust that is automatically awarded to them.

Now, I definately agree with the fact that if the student is still a student, then it's a no go. But can you just elaborate on what you mean by abuse of trust and duty of care? I'm not trying to pick apart your agrument, I just never really felt I particularly trusted my teachers other than for marking my work. I always saw it as we come in, they teach, we leave and that was it.