AuthorMessage
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
July 14th, 2006 at 03:04am
EW.
I'm already scared of school.
-_-
But as others have said, it's very depending.

As for the student harassing the teacher, I find that believable. ...O_o
JerkFace
Jazz Hands
JerkFace
July 14th, 2006 at 06:35am
I personally dont see anything wrong with it
I mean, go ahead and fuck whoever you want
What ever makes you happy
But i would only say that for someone whos like 17
Not someone in 8th grade sleeping with their teacher
That they shouldnt be doing
If they love eachother, go ahead and have a relationship
Nothing physical though
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
July 16th, 2006 at 05:02am
I think that as long as the students isnt underage, and isnt getting better grades than they deserve in that class, then theres nothing wrong with it. But say the student was gettins A's, but should be getting B's or C's, then its wrong. And I think the principal should know about it.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
July 16th, 2006 at 10:32pm
It depends on the age of the student I suppose...
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
October 20th, 2006 at 09:48pm
who are we to say that the people in question are not really in love. who are we to stand in the way of this love.

if both parties involved are going about it in a mature way then there shouldn't be an issue. As long as the teacher isn't abusing their power as a teacher to seduce a student and as long as the student isn't using the teacher to gain better grades etc there is no reason in my mind why we can't allow it.

As for the age gap, ther are plenty of couples out there who have an age gap of over 10 or 15 years and because they are older noone really cares, so why not in a younger relationship.

As for the people involved not being mature enough to have a relationship of tis sort, there are plenty of young teenagers out there who are involved in quite mature relationships and no one really seems to mind, so why does it sudden;y make a difference if it is a student and a teacher.

if both people are consenting and are mature enough to make these choices then there should be noone who can stand in there way and deny them this loveing relationship that they have found.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
October 20th, 2006 at 10:52pm
I think you are all missing the point.
Teachers are in a position of control and are able to minpulate students anyway they want. There has been incidents where female teachers have threaten their students so they would have sex with them. Not to mention, relationship with teachers could pose problems with the classroom, like they students would get a better grade because they are sleeping with the teacher. That's just wrong.

But if the child is 18, and NOT in the school anymore, thats fine. A very well respected teacher in my school met and fell in love with one of his students, however, he knew what would happen if he persued it, so he told her once she graduated he would start a relationship with her. She graduated, and they have been married for about, roughly, 17 years maybe? But he waited, and realized it was true love.

If thse teachers really love their students, they can wait until they graduate. And face it, teenagers don't understand love, let alone how to express...no matter what you say.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 21st, 2006 at 05:35pm
Jenni has a life:
I think you are all missing the point.
Teachers are in a position of control and are able to minpulate students anyway they want. There has been incidents where female teachers have threaten their students so they would have sex with them. Not to mention, relationship with teachers could pose problems with the classroom, like they students would get a better grade because they are sleeping with the teacher. That's just wrong.

That's called sexual harrasment, and is illegal for a reason. This part, I agree with being wrong.

Jenni has a life:
But if the child is 18, and NOT in the school anymore, thats fine. A very well respected teacher in my school met and fell in love with one of his students, however, he knew what would happen if he persued it, so he told her once she graduated he would start a relationship with her. She graduated, and they have been married for about, roughly, 17 years maybe? But he waited, and realized it was true love.

In that case, it cannot really be classified as a student-teacher relationship, because the person in question is now an adult and is no longer a student.

Jenni has a life:
If thse teachers really love their students, they can wait until they graduate. And face it, teenagers don't understand love, let alone how to express...no matter what you say.

^But why should they have to wait? If both parties are agreeable and it is being done for love and not benefits. Not all student-teacher relationships are based on abuse, or marks, or threats.
MadinaLake
Salute You in Your Grave
MadinaLake
October 21st, 2006 at 06:39pm
In my opinion, these kind of relationships are very unethical, let alone - illegal. Teachers are in a position of trust and there is no way should they EVER abuse that trust...
I know my friend has a crush on not exactly a teacher, but a supply teacher and she has liked him for over two years...i have never ever encouraged her to act on her feelings because this was a phase i went through (not with a teacher but with a guy three years older about five years ago) and i realised that it's just lust and all people are different so i imagine that she is just going through that phase. I hope that she will get over it and realise that it will never (very unlikely) happen.

Lastly, I think that when a teacher is involved they are immediately to blame because they are in the position of trust and they have the manipulative power over the child. On the other hand the student could be very pushy and threatening towards the teacher using emotional blackmail i.e. "if u don't continue this i'll kill myself..." and this can put the teacher through hell although they should tell the headmaster/principal about what is going on to try and save their position of trust and vocation.
Walking Shade.
Joining The Black Parade
Walking Shade.
October 21st, 2006 at 10:27pm
I'm mostly against it because, if it's a teacher, I believe he/she is more prone to unequal treatment with grades. But, say that the student is of age and the teacher wouldn't give them a higher grade, then I'm all for it.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
October 22nd, 2006 at 01:27am
Uhh....teachers are adults, they are supposed to be there as an educator, not a girlfriend/a boyfriend. It's pedophilia. A 24 year, 30 year old, etc etc, should NOT be having a relationship with a fifteen year old. It just shouldnt be done. It's wrong. It leads to favoritism. Not to mention the statory rape laws. Etc etc. And if it was TRUE UNTARNISH LOVE (which most of the case it isn't, lets not sugar coat it with pretty words), then they WILL wait until 1. The student is of age, and 2, Not in their class anymore.

Period.
Cigarette Burns
Salute You in Your Grave
Cigarette Burns
October 22nd, 2006 at 09:04am
I don't think it's wrong if the student is 18 or older. I mean, the only problem I would have with it is if that teacher was passing the student just because they were having sex. But if the student is of legal age, there isn't much that nayone can do about it until they get caught.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 22nd, 2006 at 05:02pm
Unfortunately Jenni, it's not as clear cut as that.

I believe that as long as both sides are consenting, know what they are doing and are 15+ then they shouldn't be given flack for it.

Really, it's nothing more than an age-gap relationship, where the people involved met under different circumstances.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
October 22nd, 2006 at 06:04pm
Teachers are supposed to be teaching. That's there job. Period.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 22nd, 2006 at 06:51pm
I agree with bloodredruby69

But it shouldn't interfere with school
Forgive me...
Killjoy
Forgive me...
October 22nd, 2006 at 07:03pm
just plain wrong...
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 22nd, 2006 at 10:54pm
Jenni has a life:
Teachers are supposed to be teaching. That's there job. Period.

Yes, that is their job, but as long as their relationship is not interfering with their teaching and not favouring the student because the teacher is in a relationship with them, then what is the harm?
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
October 22nd, 2006 at 11:17pm
It's illegal. They could loose their job for it. Even college professors who have relationships with their legal students can loose their job. There are just certain things one should not do. And like I said, if it isn't about sex, they can wait.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 23rd, 2006 at 04:02am
Not all things that are illegal are bad. The vast majority, yes, and for a good reason. However, there are always those few laws that slip throught the cracks, and almost everything is dependant upon circumstance.

If it isn't about sex, then why should they wait though? Why should they have to, if they are both consenting and know what they are doing?

Teacher manipulation of students is wrong, that we agree on. Other than that, I say, if they care about each other outside of the classroom, then good for them.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
October 23rd, 2006 at 07:23am
I can understand entirely why a teacher would/shouldget sacked if they've been found sleeping with a student.
But, complications are always going to take place if it's a teacher/student relationship.

I have an instrumental teacher, whom I see on a weekly basis. He's young, 21 or something, and I consider him to be my friend. I don't talk to him like I do to my best friend, but he tells me that he's girlfriend broke up with him, or similar stuff like that, and I might say that there's a particular person I like, and blah.

But I'm mature enough - as is he - to know that even if our friendship evolved into anything greater, it can't happen (though in this case, it's easier to pursue, because he isn't a subject teacher - as bad it sounds).

I mean, sometimes, a job is much less important than so-called love, from a teacher's point of view. But I dunno... it's a complicated issue really.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
October 23rd, 2006 at 07:47am
Teachers who has sexual relationships with students get their jobed taken away, and are then labeled as a sex offender. I think that's reason enough not to have a relationship with a studdent. My mother is a teacher, and has a wonderful relationship with her students. She is totally disgusted with the whole concept of teachers having relationships with students, and in her words, "I don't care how mature you are, a 15 year old, and a 25 year old have nothing in common."

Hate to say it, but I whole heartenly agree with her.