Don't have an account? Create one!

Student/Teacher Relationships

AuthorMessage
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
December 1st, 2006 at 07:18pm
At the college I currently attend, my mom also graduated from there years ago. And it just so happens that the history professor I had last year, which my mom told me, is currently married to a former student of his, and even have a couple children between them. Now, if memory serves me right, I believe she (my mom) said that they married AFTER she graduated.

Yes, I know it's college and most students are of legal age by then, but I still think it's important to at least wait until after you leave the school to pursue a relationship with any member of the faculty. That way it avoids any unnecessarily uncomfortable or unfair situations, especially in terms of grades because it might show bias towards that particular student.

At first I was kinda shocked that he was with a former student, especially since my mom remembers him being on the old side twenty-some years ago (which of course makes him even older now), and this was his seconds marriage, but I was relieved to hear they had enough smarts to wait it out. Better safe than sorry.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 1st, 2006 at 07:31pm
Teacher/student relationships.
Hmmm, if underage, not a chance. If the student is in University, then that is up to the teacher and student to persue a relationship.
Come ONe cOMe All
Killjoy
Come ONe cOMe All
December 2nd, 2006 at 03:43am
Tanya1979:
Teacher/student relationships.
Hmmm, if underage, not a chance. If the student is in University, then that is up to the teacher and student to persue a relationship.

I agree.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
December 2nd, 2006 at 12:12pm
As someone who supports love, not descrimination, I think it's a bit judgemental to say someone is wrong for sleeping with someone far younger than them. But, if I had a child and he/she was sleeping with someone my age (reminder: if I was like 30), I would probably hurt their teacher. So, I see it from both points of view. It is the child's and teacher's decision, but if I were a parent, I would freak.
mcrmama
Killjoy
mcrmama
December 3rd, 2006 at 09:09am
I think it's wrong, I'm a teacher and I would never sleep with any of my students, for one thing they are all atleast nine years younger then me,and I see all the kids at school as my own kids in a few years, now I'm friends with my students even have parties at my house alot for them, but having an affair with any of them is just awkward and wrong.
Mrs.Sanchez
Killjoy
Mrs.Sanchez
December 6th, 2006 at 12:20am
what would u guys think if ur dad witht he teacher that will be all right but ur friend and ur teacher wat do u guys think??!!
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
December 6th, 2006 at 06:35pm
I don't think it's right because the teacher has a position of power over the student.
And the student might feel trapped if they want to get out of the relationship due to that power.
candy clouds
Killjoy
candy clouds
January 3rd, 2007 at 03:59am
I dont think it is right.I'm a teacher and I would never put my job on the line for a relationship with a student,whether it be a one night stand or a serious thing.it is the wrong thing to do!
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:41pm
I think its ok unless the teacher starts being biost (sp) or the students education is affected.
the_magic1
Killjoy
the_magic1
January 3rd, 2007 at 02:47pm
everyone seems to be mentioning age gaps of about 10-15 years, what about if the student is, fair enough, 18 but the teacher is like 50 ish, it happened in my school and i cant think of verymuch that can be more morally wrong or injust as a teacher doin that
Bite-me-not.
Always Born a Crime
Bite-me-not.
January 3rd, 2007 at 02:58pm
mcrmama:
I think it's wrong, I'm a teacher and I would never sleep with any of my students, for one thing they are all atleast nine years younger then me,and I see all the kids at school as my own kids in a few years, now I'm friends with my students even have parties at my house alot for them, but having an affair with any of them is just awkward and wrong.

And you say that you are a...teacher?
Digger
Fabulous Killjoy
Digger
January 4th, 2007 at 06:46am
I think that it kind of depends on the age of a student. If the student is incredibly obviously young i.e 12 or something, then it's very wrong for a student/teacher relationship. Afterall, they're really young, and perhaps don't understand as much as someone older might. It also depends on the age of the teacher. A 16 year old being with a 25 year old teacher isn't as bad as say a 14 year old student being with a 60 year old teacher. However, I feel that after the age of 14 or so, unless the student has some sort of mental disability, they can think for themselves. At least enough to understand the full concept of what they are getting themselves into. A teacher shouldn't be blamed if a 15 year old consents to be with them.
poison_beauty
Killjoy
poison_beauty
January 4th, 2007 at 07:22am
Heya Strangers,
I have no problem with this but its their choice, no-one else's.! If they truely love each other, they need to be together, but the government often do not understand love, they class it as Pervent Teacher, Innocent Student! If its not love and the teacher is abusing the student, then the teacher should be prossicuted.
It happened at my school, no-one knows if i was love and the girl was lying to save her soul from humiliation. But the Teacher ( Mr Ford ) R.E teacher was all ova the papers and is now locked up!!!
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 11th, 2007 at 08:29am
I dunno, in collage or university i guess its different because they are older, but in the UK - secondary school only goes up to year 11 (11-16 year olds) then you go onto collage or somthing, so student/teacher relationships in secondary schools arent the best things to do.
ginaaaa
Killjoy
ginaaaa
April 11th, 2007 at 02:50pm
perverted.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
April 11th, 2007 at 02:59pm
One of my teachers are so unfair to me and my friends.. she hates us and then she has other people in our class which she treats much better than us.. And I'm so f*cking mad about that
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 11th, 2007 at 04:55pm
Imxnotxokey:
One of my teachers are so unfair to me and my friends.. she hates us and then she has other people in our class which she treats much better than us.. And I'm so f*cking mad about that

So what has that got to do with student/teacher relationships??????????
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 11th, 2007 at 05:40pm
In this matter, it depends on each and every situation. If the student is under age, then it's obvious; NO, it's not okay. If grades become an issue in the reationship it's definitly for the wrong reasons. I have nothing against it, if they are old enough, if it's about love and not for personal reasons like grades. If I was a parent I'd probably freak out. I hope I never get in that situation...
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 12th, 2007 at 04:12am

^^
I agree, every situation is different, so there is no way to judge it in general.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 12th, 2007 at 04:51pm
I think its kind of weird