Don't have an account? Create one!

Student/Teacher Relationships

AuthorMessage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 7th, 2007 at 12:10pm
It's an abuse of their power.

And you'd think if they really wanted a relationship with their student, they'd leave that profession if they were really that deadly serious about it.

If they don't wanna leave their career for that student, then they're obviously not that bothered about them.
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
October 9th, 2007 at 10:14am
you know im in the UK so its a bit diff but wow if i could... maybe when im in collage and shaith... (Y) lmao
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
October 10th, 2007 at 06:44am
i think it is an abuse of power and that it is wrong. teacher's need to be someone you can trust and you shouldn't have to be worried that they will take advantage of you in any way. i have no problem with friendhip, but if they are serious about having a relationship with a student then they should wait till they are no longer a student of theirs or change job or something...that would show they actually wanted it.

i am probably a little bias in this issue because i had a teacher try very hard to have a relationship with my sister and it was exceedingly creepy so... but i really just think that teacher's should obey the obligations of their position.

when i think of student-teacher i think under eighteen.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 10th, 2007 at 02:29pm
I don't care if the student is over 18, it's just wrong.
The teacher is there to do a job and the student is there to learn.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 10th, 2007 at 07:27pm
KraZer:
you know im in the UK so its a bit diff but wow if i could... maybe when im in collage and shaith... (Y) lmao

I'm in the UK too... but what's different?
I think I missed something, sorry!
Lonerinlove
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lonerinlove
January 27th, 2008 at 04:32pm
i fancy my maths teacher alot.

but i wouldnt go out with him. even though he is not much older than me
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
January 28th, 2008 at 06:23pm
Let The Flames Begin:
KraZer:

I'm in the UK too... but what's different?
I think I missed something, sorry!

I think that difference is that our age of consent is 16, so it is legal for a teacher to have sex with a sixth form or college student.

Whilst not necessarily an abuse of power, I believe that because the teacher is in a position of responsiblity, he/she should be smart enough to know what'll happen.
xitsxemoxgirlx
Killjoy
xitsxemoxgirlx
January 28th, 2008 at 06:44pm
wow that sucks for them but your teacher shouldnt be getting "friendly" with their students
mcrfanwhore101
Killjoy
mcrfanwhore101
January 28th, 2008 at 10:15pm
I think that I wouldn't trust my child in a room with somebody who would make sexual advances twords my kid.( that's if I had one. LOL )
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
January 29th, 2008 at 02:58pm
I would date my ICT teacher lmao but he is also head of year so hes like too professional, and has a girlfriend... well I can day dream

I don't think it's wrong if the student is over 16 and the teacher should either wait till the student isn't their student anymore or quit and find another job,

although it would be fun having an affair with a teacher, all the sneaking around and stuff lol
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 29th, 2008 at 10:07pm
I think in college it's probably alright (I mean, you're adults. It's unfair to everyone else, but you are an adult.) But in high school it's most definitely wrong.
riceroll.
Salute You in Your Grave
riceroll.
January 30th, 2008 at 01:21am
I believe that a sexual student teacher relationship only seems right if the student is over 16. Teachers are supposed to be trustworthy, and by having an affair with them at any age younger than 16, I think would be extremley unhealthy and unfair to the student. If the teacher really does care about the student enough to have an illegal affair, the teacher should atleast respect the age the student is at, or go teach somewhere else where it wouldn't be offending, and where he wouldn't be teaching the student anymore. Although sixteen may seem young, remember that the age difference between the teacher and the student also applies to the relationship. The student and teacher may be between 5-9 years of eachother, so age really does vary.

Most students say they have a crush on a teacher, but most don't really know they're teacher outside of school. It would also really depend on the type of relationship.

I have an quite young drama teacher at my school, he's 23 and very good looking, which can also be a problem between the student teacher relationships. Students may take completely wrong messages from the teacher that they have a crush on, and they can interpret everything the wrong way. I have a very close relationship with him, and I talk to him quite often. Remember that not all student teacher relationships are sexual, and even though it may seem weird to talk to a teacher or school counsellor about your life, usually teachers provide a sense of power, and intelligence. I have talked with my Drama teacher on how he views the subject, and he thought it was strictly innapropriate. Everone has an extremley different point of view on this subject, but really, I guess I'm not really sure what I think about Student Teacher Relationships. There are so many reasons why it's wrong, and why it's right. It's hard to pick just one.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
January 30th, 2008 at 07:18am
I was wondering, is it okay if a teacher and student had a sexual relationship if they are just 2-5 years apart from each other? Or is it just because of their occupation that makes it wrong?
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
January 30th, 2008 at 05:00pm
Um,I think that's just kinda creepy.

But like someone above me said,if the student is 18+,then they can do whatever the fuck they want.
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
January 30th, 2008 at 06:25pm
Kaede:
I was wondering, is it okay if a teacher and student had a sexual relationship if they are just 2-5 years apart from each other? Or is it just because of their occupation that makes it wrong?

I see nothing wrong with a couple having a twenty five year age gap, provided they're both over the age of consent, that's just love for you. It is the occupation that makes it wrong. A teacher is in a position of responsibilty and trust, not just with the student, but their parents and his/her boss. The teacher will always be the one who gets the blame, because they are the one that (1) should know better and (2) broke the trust of the parents.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
January 30th, 2008 at 11:05pm
Collage/University proffesor dating a student -not so bad.

High/Senior school students though...nah that's kind of ew man. If the teacher's a responsible adult then I don't there'd be any favouritism but it's just kind of gross.

Not to mention imagine what the kids' parents would do??

In my friend's old school there was this creepy old teacher who'd apparently touch girl's hair and stuff. EW wtf is THAT all about man??
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 09:27pm
Well, it kind of depends what age the student is. If they're a college student, although it is frowned upon by fellow professors, it doesn't really matter. Be happy. But when it's between a student that is underage and a teacher, then that's something completely different. I personally think that a teacher should have more restraint than that. Exactly why can't they nab someone their own age? No, they have to sleep with someone that still picks their nose (in comparison), they have to sleep with a teen. The kid may think it's cool, maybe not the girls, and brag or whatever. But for the teacher to have any kind of close relationship with their student, unless they are related, is like career suicide. I don't understand why they do it.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 25th, 2008 at 05:31am
Well assuming everyone is of legal age and there are no other laws that stand in the way, there's still these cmplications to consider:

1) Position of authority
In any relationship it's important that both partners are equal & respect each other. but the very fact that ur partner is also ur teacher is likely to cause authority issues. its smthg that can v easily be taken advtage of. & it's also kind of unhealthy after a while.

2) Favouritism
Because even teachers are human. And so are the rest of ur classmates. It's just awkward if they know u're hvg smthg going on with the professor but can't talk abt it in class. it's just awkward. and sooner or later u might be accused of always holding the teacher's favour whether or not u screw up grades like a normal student.

3) It's kind of like sleeping with your boss
Sure the direness of the consequences may vary, but in principle it's almost the same. Especially if u're in college or below. ur professor/teacher is someone u report to, who grades ur progress, who shd not be afraid to treat u like any other student...which is impossible if u two r getting it on.

pls i'm not judging anybody. if u *are* hvg a student-teacher relationship, i understd if u r genuinely in love, but just be careful. and do consider the risks. ok...cheers
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
March 25th, 2008 at 08:30am
i really hink that its ok.
depends on how old they are.
if the student is legal, then thats fine. if the student is underage, then no.
i dont totally agree with it...
but if they really like each other (i know, i know... corny... and i shouldnt say it) but whats to stop them? they will just do it behind peoples backs!
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
March 26th, 2008 at 02:16am
I honestly don't have a problem with it.
Well actually, I think it's wrong if the student is under 16.
Here the age of consent is 16, and by the government decalring that, they clearly think that kids are mature enough to deal with the consequences of being sexually active, and the repercussions that having sex may hold.
I'm not sure at other educational institutions, but where I attend school, once you hit about 16, the staff start treating you as an equal, not as just a child anymore.
Thus I think the fact that it's an abuse of their power disappears once the students start being treated like an equal and are given adult responsibilities.

I also know of a couple, who met when he was teaching her at school who fell in love and now have two children and have been together for about 30 years.

So perhaps that means that my opinion is biased, but I personally have no problems with it.