Student/Teacher Relationships

AuthorMessage
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
April 13th, 2007 at 02:06pm
bloodredruby69:
Jenni has a life:

But if the child is 18, and NOT in the school anymore, thats fine. A very well respected teacher in my school met and fell in love with one of his students, however, he knew what would happen if he persued it, so he told her once she graduated he would start a relationship with her. She graduated, and they have been married for about, roughly, 17 years maybe? But he waited, and realized it was true love.

In that case, it cannot really be classified as a student-teacher relationship, because the person in question is now an adult and is no longer a student.

Not at all. My father of 42, very much over 18, is currently on an OU course studying History, and therefore he is a student. I think you mean they are over 18 and so no longer the teacher's student?

The schools I have attended don't have a great track record for things of this nature. At my Juniour school, a teacher (who didn't teach me, thank God) sexually harassed several girls and was sacked. And at my current senior school, a 15 year old student came forward saying she'd had a sexual relationship with my ICT teacher, and he was officially suspended from the school grounds, and effectively fired. He was in his mid-fifties.

This entertwines with age gap relationships and the fact teachers wield power over a student. I have no problem with age gap relations, as long as they are both over 18. I do have a problem with a teacher using their position to trap a student. But if it's true love, as you sometimes hear, what's to be done about it? Not a lot. It's a shameful thing to break up a love on purpose.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
April 13th, 2007 at 05:15pm
As long as its consensual.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
April 13th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Okay, see I believe that love is love and there's no limits on who you can fall in love with. If it's just sex, that's a different story. I think it's disgusting if teachers just want to sleep with their students. In some cases, though, they're in love. You can't help who you love, so they shouldn't be penalized for something they can't control.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 06:28am
Thats Kinda disturbing but you cant really help who you like or love. In the end they shouldnt be fired for that. But if its in a contract you broke it and deserve a reprocussion of the choice you made
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
April 14th, 2007 at 09:03pm
To me teachers who start relationships with students it's kinda improper,it feels wrong,Yeah it's disturbing but it really depends,if what they want it like that we really can't do anything about it...
GloomyEeyore2007
Killjoy
GloomyEeyore2007
April 14th, 2007 at 09:09pm
My english teacher gave me her email soo that i could send her my poems....thats ok...
candy clouds
Killjoy
candy clouds
April 15th, 2007 at 07:16pm
A teacher who goes into a relationship with a student is wrong.It is illegal and also a huge abuse of power.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 15th, 2007 at 07:17pm
Teacher/student romantic relationships are not okay.
They are an abuse of power.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 17th, 2007 at 11:53am
Bastard Son.:
One od my teachers ended up marrying one of his students. No one knew about it until she graduated. They are still together and he is still teaching. I like that guy, one of the best teachers in the whole school.

I'm not all against it, as long as both sides want to be involved in that relationship and it doesn't influence his work.

Excactly, I have nothing against it. Of course I agree with the law that they both are over 18. But it's improper to have it openly towards the school. Like Druscilla said ^ it can be a form of power abuse.
emokid69
Killjoy
emokid69
April 17th, 2007 at 01:19pm
ya i think thats true like some students may have a teacher hitting on them and the student might think they have to cuz the teacher is the boss you know?
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
April 18th, 2007 at 01:00pm
Well, aparently a teacher at my school (Who is a perv, tis true), married one of his pupils. I don't know if she had left school by then, I don't know the details.
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
April 18th, 2007 at 05:45pm
heheheh well if the kid wants to then it is up to them but if its forced then its wrong. however if the teacher is a fit women then SCORE. lol go you =D
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 20th, 2007 at 10:57pm
Please do not spam this thread.
Wilted.Flower
Killjoy
Wilted.Flower
April 21st, 2007 at 01:10am
i think its really creepy if they are underage (well they are obviously underage...but like 13-17 age range...or younger)
but if the student was 18...i dont think it would be such a big deal.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
April 21st, 2007 at 12:59pm
I think its really bad because we had this teacher who was seriously nice and all but then, He harrased two girls (who both loved horses) and he did it ages ago but he got found out and everyone was shocked and upset bout it i never met him. But he sounded ok.
xxmcrxfreekxx
Killjoy
xxmcrxfreekxx
July 5th, 2007 at 02:03am
Teacher and student relationships are deff. not okay. During the schools summer time, maybe, but only if they broke off the relationship when school started up again. And that wouldn't be fun, so basically, they are not good at any time.

But I do think that just friendly relationships are okay. To a certain point.

For example, one of my favorite teachers would always tell us everyday that he loved us. At first I thought it was kind of akward but think about how it could really make someone's day.

Sorry. Got a bit off topic. =/
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 5th, 2007 at 12:21pm
I don't think those relationships are ok because if the student wanted to call the relationship off and the teacher didn't to, he/she could threaten to give the student bad grades. It's an issue of control. If a teacher and a student want to have a romantic relationship they should wait until the student has graduated.
RaggDoll
Killjoy
RaggDoll
October 7th, 2007 at 08:01am
I dont really understand why this would happen! I'm a bit niave!

Shouldnt teachers be responsible enough know 'better'? Students are to young to realize things that are going on in their life and when a teacher steps into the picture the kid is hella confused... at least i would believe so! I can hardly form a friendship bond w/ my teachers... so how are you suppose to form an intamit relationship? Its completely deranged!
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 7th, 2007 at 09:25am
A teacher who is having a sexual relationship with one of their students, no matter what age they are, is abusing their power.

Now, don't get me wrong - I believe that love knows no bounds and that age differences shouldn't matter. But -

Teachers are meant to teach, and their relationship with their students should be solely professional. Imagine if you were the parents of a student, no matter what age they were, and found out that he or she was having a sexual relations with their teacher. Personally, I'd be outraged that someone would abuse their power like that.
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
October 7th, 2007 at 10:37am

One of my boss's had a relationship with his teacher. She was only a few years older, but it was still enough to be considered wrong.
The thing that creeped me out was that he is still bummed out that hardly anything happened.

Sure, if its love.. then its love, but its quite amazing how the teacher would put his or her career on the line ><
Like, these people went to uni and did years of training to become a teacher...
Then they put it all on risk because of one student O_O