Don't have an account? Create one!

Suicide and Self harm

AuthorMessage
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 14th, 2006 at 06:41pm
I also would like to add, there is no form of chatspeak in the discussion board. It's quite annoying and continues to present yourself as someone who doesn't have a high use of vocabulary or someone who wishes to be lazy.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 14th, 2006 at 08:07pm
^^
That might be relative if anyone in the last few pages was actually USING chatspeak....

& I'm sorry that I apparently went into some kind of 'self-pity confession' (hah, right).
I honestly didn't read the entire thread.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 14th, 2006 at 11:34pm
x-Hail Of Bullets-x:
^^
That might be relative if anyone in the last few pages was actually USING chatspeak....

& I'm sorry that I apparently went into some kind of 'self-pity confession' (hah, right).
I honestly didn't read the entire thread.

If you go and look over the pages, yes there has been chatspeak and yes it continues to not stop when politely asked. Thus, people have to stand more firm about the rule so people will actually understand what you're posting.

Infact, you shouldn't have posted this post because in reality, it has nothing to do with the thread. Don't post to apologize, just acknowledge and continue on about the topic. Don't just have that the prime topic of the post.

Also, I posted the warning about the chatspeak because it had yet to be posted. This had me to condone in another matters than the topic at hand. Meaning, people who refuse to not read and to actually understand what's occuring are causing others to have to acknowledge the matters continously.

---------------

Let me note again, this is not in anyway shape or form a pity thread. It's a discussion thread.

Those who are recently stating that suicide is selfish need to please read a few pages back. For this was very well discussed and may give you a new perspective on the matter.

Those who are merely discussing how ' People who cut and don't show have more severe problems than people who do so for attention. ' need to acknowledge the fact that no matter the reasons of condoning in self-harm there's still a deeper meaning and perspective for the self-harmer who is continuing to self harm.

Remember that.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 14th, 2006 at 11:54pm
so back to the topic:

How do you think we as people can acknowledge the signs of suicidal and self harm behaviour earlier?

How can we better show our support for people going through these times?
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 15th, 2006 at 12:46am
by stopping it from being a fashion statement
so many people do it now because its cool to do

and correct me if im wrong but correcting amanda and telling her not to post things also shouldnt be posted as its just spam as well and really now why tell people to stop using chat speak when i havent seen anybody tyPiNg 1334 LaTelY iN ThIs ThReAd
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 15th, 2006 at 12:53am
^lol smartass

technically if you are warning someone that what they are doing is against the rules and they may be punished for it, is a warning not spam, but i know what you mean, hence my above post of getting back on topic!

it is a worry that suicide and self harm is seen as cool these days. I mean i understand that if you went through a really bad patch and then got out of it and thought your scars were a symbol of what you have faced and overcome then i understand you being proud of them, but it's not the greatest message to send
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 15th, 2006 at 01:01am
Simon, if you are just here to bicker with the people trying to keep peace and keep the Discussions Board clean, then there is no real need for you to be here. You seem to take great pleasure in debating how we deal with keeping the threads clean, and that's about all.

This is the one serious place in all of INO, the place with the most restrictions. And yet you continue to step out of line, spam, and just generally try to "stir up shit".

If you want words with one of us, PM US, and stop polluting our Discussion Board.
_________

Self harm will only stop completely when the human mind is completely understood. Before we can find a real root and a real cause for self-destructive habits, we must understand why these impulses to hurt ourselves are in our minds at all. The human brain and its ways are still a mystery, and I don't know if we will ever be able to fully understand it or them.

Each person thinks a little differently, sees a little differently, handles life differently, and so, cutting and suicide will always be present.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 15th, 2006 at 01:07am
Ruby don't. he is trying to "stir up shit" and you are falling for it and posting every time, no offence but you told him to pm you and you should have done the same. now BOTH of you lets drop the subject and get back on topic.

do you think that we will ever fully understand the human mind and why some people suffer from dark thoughts?
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 15th, 2006 at 01:07am
i want to be able to say whats on my mind in relation to the topic being discussed without being told its innapropriate in some way
im not trying to start shit i just have a habit of not backing down or caring about what others think

just wondering maybe we should take a poll of who here self harms and who doesnt so we can get an idea of what angle theyre looking at it from because i believe if you dont do it then you dont realy know the motivation behind it and thats why people who dont do it find it so weird that anybodywould want to do so

and we really should point out suicide and self harm are not the same thing i dont want to kill msyelf but i self harm sometimes
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 15th, 2006 at 01:09am
MistressRhi:
do you think that we will ever fully understand the human mind and why some people suffer from dark thoughts?

if youve never had those toughts yourself then it can be hard to understand why others would
i think people need to understand what its like before they can really comment on it
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 15th, 2006 at 01:10am
^if you want to do that then i suggest you make another topic, otherwise we will have spam coming out of you know where, besides this is a thread to discuss things, it's not really a place for a poll. but then again nor is anywhere else on here
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
November 15th, 2006 at 01:10am
MistressRhi:

Personally, new studies and new efforts will be present about the human mind, yet I don't believe that the human mind will ever be fully understood. In reality, I wouldn't want the human mind to be certainly understoond.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 15th, 2006 at 01:23am
^hmm so do you mean you would want to subjet people to these thoughts (on a by note if you think i havent been down that road, i have)

like have people who have never gone throught this before, go through it just so they can understand?

way late - this post is for simon
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 15th, 2006 at 01:26am
MistressRhi:
^hmm so do you mean you would want to subjet people to these thoughts (on a by note if you think i havent been down that road, i have)

like have people who have never gone throught this before, go through it just so they can understand?

way late - this post is for simon

now thats spinning what i said out of context im just saying people shouldnt be so rash to judge people if they don't understand anything about them or their motivation behind what they do
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 15th, 2006 at 01:29am
im sorry if what i said sounded mean because i didnt mean it to be, i was really just trying to understand what you meant. I wasnt sure if you meant that people should be subjected to something before they make comment on it or if you meant the whole - walk a mile in someone else's shoe - comment, thats all.

i was trying to clarify it for myself. sorry if you misunderstood me
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 15th, 2006 at 01:39am
nah im not trying to sound defensive or anything its all fine
Priss
Fabulous Killjoy
Priss
November 16th, 2006 at 02:59pm
well self harm is definetly not cool as many ppl think, i neither believe human mind will be ever understood we are way more complex then we can understand if it's hard for some ppl to get to know themselves then how can we expect to understand others? the closest humans get to "understand" someone else is emphatazing with that person 'cuz you've been trough it and I also agree with simon that self harm and suicide are 2 different things not everyone who cuts does it to kill themselves sometimes we're just not able to deal with things right an the physical pain somehow eases the phycological pain even tough some times u feel worse after you do it so it's like a cycle at least it was for me, but I stoped and I did not do it cuz i thought it cool or wanted atention it just presented it self as an option to deal with my pain and well it didn't help that much with time i realized it wasn't gonna help me at any level just get me in more trouble, and no i didn't want to die all I wanted was a way to "escape" so yeah I could say I "enderstand" what it feels like as for the causes there are hundreds of things that could set a person in this position but it all depends on how strong the person is.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 16th, 2006 at 03:06pm
^only problem is if you start to take it to far and in trying to escape accidentaly cut to deep or take to large an OD or whatever and end up dead when you never meant to do that
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 16th, 2006 at 09:10pm
then we have to be more aware of the signs from these people and try and help them. I think there needs to be more awareness in the community about this so that more people can be saved and helped
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 16th, 2006 at 10:45pm
but that just leads me back to the point that most of the time self hard and suicide aren't the same thing and if it lets them get thru tough times then let them do it