Don't have an account? Create one!

Suicide and Self harm

AuthorMessage
DiabolicalDancer
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DiabolicalDancer
October 31st, 2006 at 11:00pm
Thanks. I'm sorry you've had such an awful experience regarding faith. (That also appauls me, but that's for another day or another thread.) I'm glad I could set things straight about what the Catholic Church believes since it seems so distorted by society today. Smile
xxMCRluvaxx
Killjoy
xxMCRluvaxx
November 6th, 2006 at 06:02am
My cousin had a friend that was goin through alot of pressure and she had all school tests and she couldnt take it any longer so she hanged herself and half way through she wanted to stop so she tried to untie the rope but it was to late
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
November 6th, 2006 at 06:36am
xxMCRluvaxx:
My cousin had a friend that was goin through alot of pressure and she had all school tests and she couldnt take it any longer so she hanged herself and half way through she wanted to stop so she tried to untie the rope but it was to late

Im sorry, but what does this have to do with the discussion?
This is not a ptiy thread, as Yara has stated, so take this somewhere else.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 6th, 2006 at 08:21am
Okay so this is not a thread for sharing personal stories, "because yara said so" but you could be a little nicer when explaining this to people. You guys get so harsh in here sometimes, give people a break, everyone makes little mistakes now and then.
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
November 6th, 2006 at 09:18am
xxMCRluvaxx:

School tests... and im guessing she was around your age 12?
Yeah... Not much pressure at that age...

And its a fact that 90% of suicide victims change their minds halfway through, and they get this fact by looking at the signs for example half untied ropes and such... so dont say i just made that up... Its a real fact... lol
Misread
Banned
Misread
November 6th, 2006 at 09:46am
I mest agree yet disagree with your statement, I found my tests at age 12 rather stressful... Then again, i was failing school at that age...
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 6th, 2006 at 10:03am
Baby Jesus is:
xxMCRluvaxx:

And its a fact that 90% of suicide victims change their minds halfway through, and they get this fact by looking at the signs for example half untied ropes and such... so dont say i just made that up... Its a real fact... lol

I havent read that it was as high as 90% but i can imagine that a for a lot of people, it would take being on the brink of death for it to truely hit you whether you actually wanted to die.

With comments about hanging suicides, often in these cases scratch marks are found around the throat, which look as if the person has tried to stop themselves from hanging, and in a lot of cases i am sure this is because they actually realised that they didnt want to die, but also human instinct takes over in these cases too. The body wants to survive, so basic primal instincts tell you to remove the rope. This is the same kind of mechanism, as where you cant kill yourself by holding your breath until you die, because your body takes over so to speak, and would make you breathe.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 6th, 2006 at 10:06am
Misread:
I mest agree yet disagree with your statement, I found my tests at age 12 rather stressful... Then again, i was failing school at that age...

Yes, I mean what is stressful for one person, may be perfectly fine for another. You don't know the situation here, everyone is different, some people may condiser the prospect of failing an exam terible, while others may not care at all! You also don't know what else was going on in her life, maybe her parents always demanded perfection from her, maybe other bad things were happeneing. We don't know any of this and I think it was a little harsh to say, oh those exams are not stressful, when clearly they were to this girl because they cost her life.
Misread
Banned
Misread
November 6th, 2006 at 10:10am
To me though, nothing is that stressful...

There must have been other underlying factors leading to the suicide of the individual in question.
xxMCRluvaxx
Killjoy
xxMCRluvaxx
November 7th, 2006 at 12:14am
Baby Jesus is:
xxMCRluvaxx:

sorry if the thing i wrote was in the rong place Embarassed but she was 16-17
Rainy.
Awake and Unafraid
Rainy.
November 7th, 2006 at 12:36am
I think that when you go to kill yourself you have an expectation that you might not die, almost like you want a "sign" that you were meant to live, especially with people who slit their wrist or try to hang themselves, almost like if you decide you want to live you can save yourself.( if that makes sense)

I think it is hard to understand suicide unless you've actually considered it. People have these ideas of why people consider or commit suicide and I think alot of people downplay how serious a person is when they are suicidal. (again if that makes sense)
don't let me drown
Bleeding on the Floor
don't let me drown
November 7th, 2006 at 02:02pm
I know a lot of people who have said oh yeah i think about killing myself all the time. But people don't take it seriously anoth. Your ending your life or trying to and u should not take that seriously not joke about it. people self harm to show the world how much they are hurting inside and they want help. But suiside can just be a bigger cry for help or they can relly want to die.
ambry9
Joining The Black Parade
ambry9
November 10th, 2006 at 01:49am
Honestly, this makes me sick to my stomach. One of my friends cuts herself, seldom but lately sh'es been getting deeper. It's not something you should do to yourself, and we all know that. And like people have said previously, its not a game, its not cool, and you could really do permanant harm to yourself. I also think that doing any self harm to yourself (that was messed up) is very dangerous, I'll go as far as foolish. You may get so miserable that ypu want to fall off of the face of the Earth, but you cant do crap like that to yourself. You have to look at the finer points in your life(even if there aren't many theres still some) now I don't know why we were put here on Earth, but I know it wasn't to take ourselves off.
-Sam
DiabolicalDancer
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DiabolicalDancer
November 10th, 2006 at 09:33am
getoutwhileyoucan000: "I don't know why we were put here on Earth, but I know it wasn't to take ourselves off."

I love that statement. In fact I'm going to start using it. Props to you!
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 10th, 2006 at 03:40pm
Samantha, while we may not have been "put here" to kill ourselves, we also were not "put here" to be infinitly miserable, depressed, or in constant suffering.

A person's body is their own, to do with it what they will. I think suicide should be considered and only a last resort, but self harm is no one's buisness, save the person who is doing it to themself.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 10th, 2006 at 05:50pm
i think somebody who's never involved them self in self harm has no real right to criticise somebody who uses it as a reasonable way to deal with their problems.
it can be a good release and let you release your negative emotions.

i really think people who don't know what its like have no right to be judging somebody who's only method of dealing with their pain and depression is to hurt themself and make an outer version of the pain they feel on the inside.
just because you think its stupid and cont concieve of why somebody would do it just remember other people are different and its a very attractive idea to some
Rainy.
Awake and Unafraid
Rainy.
November 11th, 2006 at 01:07am
dream brother:
i think somebody who's never involved them self in self harm has no real right to criticise somebody who uses it as a reasonable way to deal with their problems.
it can be a good release and let you release your negative emotions.

i really think people who don't know what its like have no right to be judging somebody who's only method of dealing with their pain and depression is to hurt themself and make an outer version of the pain they feel on the inside.
just because you think its stupid and cont concieve of why somebody would do it just remember other people are different and its a very attractive idea to some

I totally agree, that's like my sociology class is discussing teen suicide, and all the other kids can't understand it because they have never felt really depressed, they think that no matter what reasons a person has that it is never that bad. Unless you've ever felt so desprate, that you can't handle living anymore you can't really judge. I think the fact that so many people use suicide threats as a way to get attention, the people who really need help aren't taken seriously, at least in my experiences.
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 11th, 2006 at 02:17pm
I use to try to kill myself so many times cause I had problems with Bullies and kids and all that junk....one Time I threatened my mom I was gonna stab myself with Sissors and she snapped cause my brothers were bothering me and my parents acted like they didnt care...So Yeah I dont cut myself anymore or anything I stopped that Now when I'm mad I scream or I'll throw things thats about it.!! Or have a couple of drinks or two to calm my nerves or talk to a friend.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 11th, 2006 at 04:06pm
To me, the use of alcohol to calm yourself is worse than cutting. By far.

People who do cut for their own reasons are often construed as depressed, attention seeking kids with nothing better to do. The newest trend of cutting for attention kills the whole point of cutting in the first place, and makes the person look like a drama queen. It's pathetic, what people do to get noticed, especially when they have no point for doing it, save the attention.

There are people out there who self harm for themselves and only themselves, and those people should be left alone.

The rest of the attention seeking "wannabes", should be slapped. Really, really hard. They need some sense knocked into them.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 11th, 2006 at 06:57pm
with the whole rise of the "emo" trend lately a lot of people seem to do it for attention or cause they think it's trendy lately and i think alcohol is worse too
alcohol does bad things to somebody predisposed to feeling depressed and if your drinking to escape depression it can make you worse i for one usualy feel worse when i come off it cause of how it reacts to my body and head
but honestly lately the rise of emo as a fashion statement has lead to cutting becoming almost a fashin statement and a bit of a joke and people dont understand what its like for somebody who legitamately uses it as an escape reason not an attention seeking ploy