Don't have an account? Create one!

Suicide and Self harm

AuthorMessage
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 29th, 2008 at 01:38pm
My Dear Delirious:
well, with every addiction, no with everything we create excuses, even to ourselves to keep doing it, so what should be done to help influence a person to break the cycle themselves?

Depending on the person, subtle outside help, or not so subtle outside help. Even if you hide it 99% of the time someone will notice.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 29th, 2008 at 02:42pm
Eponine:

Depending on the person, subtle outside help, or not so subtle outside help. Even if hide it 99% of the time someone will notice.
thats what I was saying earlier
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 29th, 2008 at 02:43pm
Oh? I think I missed that.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 29th, 2008 at 08:44pm
My Dear Delirious:
well, with every addiction, no with everything we create excuses, even to ourselves to keep doing it, so what should be done to help influence a person to break the cycle themselves?

If they're too ashamed to get help, then that influence needs to come from themselves. They need to stop and think about what they are doing and the impact they are making on themselves. If no one knows about it, who else is going to influence them?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 31st, 2008 at 01:14pm
Mindfuck:

If they're too ashamed to get help, then that influence needs to come from themselves. They need to stop and think about what they are doing and the impact they are making on themselves. If no one knows about it, who else is going to influence them?
well ok (I know your gonna hate me for saying this) but couldn't also role models inspire someone to stop? I credit MCR for getting me to stop cutting, they were the only reason I stopped cutting and they made me think positively about possibely having a better future when I was suicidal, so I guess what I'm trying to say now is that inspiration to stop can come from various places
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
July 31st, 2008 at 04:32pm
All MCR tries to do is get the message across that you're more important than that. So it worked - and it made YOU stop. It's a very easy thing to see, that it was not them.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 10:18am
I'm a slef harmer and I was wondering if anyone knew how to help me get over it, I started at 14 and I don't know what caused me to start doing it.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 7th, 2008 at 11:26am
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
I'm a slef harmer and I was wondering if anyone knew how to help me get over it, I started at 14 and I don't know what caused me to start doing it.

Not to be a bitch but, this is not the place for confessions or help, go to the personal questions section.
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 20th, 2008 at 04:07pm
self harming i think is more common for younger people because they are put under lots of pressure and now a days no one likes to talk about how they feel and it just gets worse. There would be less people who self harm maybee if there was somewhere to go. A lot of large cities do not have a group or anything. Sadly people don't notice signs of some one like that (maybee because thay are to busy?) til it is too late. It realy is sad but true. Also they get more upset after they do it and even though some are ashamed and want to stop. For a reason I'm not to sure about they also dont want to stop so dont try. (this is only some every person and there reason is a little different)
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 21st, 2008 at 03:55am
xfearsxofxfallingx:
Sadly people don't notice signs of some one like that (maybee because thay are to busy?) til it is too late.
Why does it have to be up to other people to notice? In my opinion, if the person self harming is making it hard for others to notice, then in the end it should be up to THEM to stop self harming. They shouldn't rely on whether others may or may not notice that they self harming before anything is done about it.
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
October 6th, 2008 at 04:04pm
suicide is NEVER the the answer. trust me from experiance. NOT THE ANSWER. if you have thoughts of suicide, please, please see a trustworthy adult or friend. please please. you wont regret it. LOST OF A LIFE IS THE WORST PRICE TO PAY.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
October 6th, 2008 at 10:08pm
obsessive disorder.:
suicide is NEVER the the answer. trust me from experiance. NOT THE ANSWER. if you have thoughts of suicide, please, please see a trustworthy adult or friend. please please. you wont regret it. LOST OF A LIFE IS THE WORST PRICE TO PAY.

I think we all agree that suicide is not the answer, and that people who have suicidal thoughts need help. I don't really understand your comment at all. You seem to be acting as if someone here condoned suicide or said that they are considering it, but whatever.
Some people are predisposed to suicidal tendencies, something that is probably in a person's DNA. I don't like the thought of messing with someone's DNA but if it could keep them from killing themselves it seems very tempting.
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
October 9th, 2008 at 11:45am
I know i'm gonna sound really wrong here but,
I feel that people self harm, or even attempt suicide, as a way to get away from reality, they prefer physical pain more than emotional pain.
It would be heaps better to talk about why these people aer getting upset, instead of bottling it up inside. Because that just makes them feel the more need to cut.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 10th, 2008 at 01:53am
jonas erik altberg.:
I know i'm gonna sound really wrong here but,
I feel that people self harm, or even attempt suicide, as a way to get away from reality, they prefer physical pain more than emotional pain.
It would be heaps better to talk about why these people aer getting upset, instead of bottling it up inside. Because that just makes them feel the more need to cut.
no actually your right, for every person its different, you can't just pinpiont it for everyone. Everyone's story is different. Everytime I ever thought about suicide and I thought as it as an escape route, those were the time I would realize it was the most serious and thats a scary situation, if not then later on. For along time I can't trust myself alone because I would get like that.

It can be so much easier to take physical pain over mental cuase in physical your body realises chemicals so it doesn't hurt and that just something you focus in on so you forget everything else. But for the most part when I personally was a cutter I had no one to talk to, I didn't have friends at the time, I was just the weird loner kid who got picked on and unfortunatlely due to that I did bottle it all up and just hurt myself more. So yes it would be better if everyone got out all those feelings they would bottle up but alot of those problems are ussually the things that a good portion of people might be apathitec towards or something or you think they would be apathetic, like the little things just add up and it feels like you can't talk to someone.

But you have the right idea
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
October 12th, 2008 at 05:19pm
unfortuanetly it is much mroe common now but it always has been going on
i dont know of any support groups either which is sad and its not one of those things you can understand unless you actually go through it
thus society ecspeically teenagers i find poke fun at it when its a very serious subject
this also makes the victims of it less likely to come out and seek help about it cause they are afraid of self humiliation and if theyre peers find out the taunts theyll endure
but i really do think there need to be support groups for this out there where people can go, talk, get through, and feel more comforatble and not as ashamed while doing so
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
October 13th, 2008 at 02:06pm
demolitionloversmway:

i dont know of any support groups either which is sad

Theres Tons.
MilitaryFairy
Killjoy
MilitaryFairy
October 13th, 2008 at 09:57pm
I went through several years of depression and suicidal tendencies. To be honest, I was so set on wanting to die, I didn't want to reach out for help, I just wanted to be left alone to rot and pass away.

Thank God my mother saw my struggle and stepped in to help, I didn't need to reach out to anyone.

It's complicated because looking back, I know that getting help was the farthest thing from my mind. I thought help for me wasn't possible, and I didn't care. That's because when you are depressed, your state of mind isn't exactly normal. So I can't see how a depressed and suicidal person could reach out for help by themself.
HintFEAR08
Killjoy
HintFEAR08
October 14th, 2008 at 01:34pm
MoreFreshFruit!!:
I went through several years of depression and suicidal tendencies. To be honest, I was so set on wanting to die, I didn't want to reach out for help, I just wanted to be left alone to rot and pass away.

Thank God my mother saw my struggle and stepped in to help, I didn't need to reach out to anyone.

It's complicated because looking back, I know that getting help was the farthest thing from my mind. I thought help for me wasn't possible, and I didn't care. That's because when you are depressed, your state of mind isn't exactly normal. So I can't see how a depressed and suicidal person could reach out for help by themself.

It's great that you had someone to step in and help. Like you said not everyone has someone who can or will intervene.
MilitaryFairy
Killjoy
MilitaryFairy
October 15th, 2008 at 11:38pm
^^ I know. I was extremely lucky. That's why everyone should be aware and ready to help anyone who you feel is depressed or is harming themself.
What really ticks me off is when people say "I don't want to talk to them, they make me feel sad" or "they're boring". Gawd, I wish people would take their eyes of themselves for once and help people who are hurting.

/little rant
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
October 16th, 2008 at 11:29am
^^ but should people who dont step in really be looked down on because the person who was depressed couldn't bring themselves to get there own help?

I know depression and self harm must be terrible things to have to deal with, but I can't see why anyone else should take the responsibility because the depressed person wanted to keep it to his/her self.