Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
Evgin
Killjoy
Evgin
March 7th, 2008 at 07:56am
once my dad asked me to give him something to listen to from what I like to listen. I gave him 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge', and he just listened to 'Helena', then pulled out the CD, and said: 'I do not like the music like this'. but he likes 'Teenagers' [I think everybody likes itSmile] and he always sings it doing some work at home, and it's a sound of incoming calls on his phone Smile)
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 7th, 2008 at 08:06am
^^ That's really cool of your dad to ask you that, gotta give him a point for trying.

Sorry for the spam post but I'm too old to know what my parents are into. I haven't seen my dad since I was 8 and it's been 4 wonderfully mother-free years. Unfortunately I have to spoil that and see her next month when I go see the boys in Chicago. Maybe I'll put on one of their CDs just to watch her expression.
Evgin
Killjoy
Evgin
March 7th, 2008 at 08:23am
psychochip:
^^ That's really cool of your dad to ask you that, gotta give him a point for trying.

Sorry for the spam post but I'm too old to know what my parents are into. I haven't seen my dad since I was 8 and it's been 4 wonderfully mother-free years. Unfortunately I have to spoil that and see her next month when I go see the boys in Chicago. Maybe I'll put on one of their CDs just to watch her expression.

my dad has a quiet nice preferences in music, Queen is his favourite band, for example. and he's always interested in what I'm interested in Smile

and you're not old Smile well, I'm 17, and most of the people think I'm a moody depressed teenager with an awful disposition.. do you think I feel good about this? I can't make them change their minds. it's just your age as a human being and nothing else. Wink
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 7th, 2008 at 10:26am
Evgin:

and you're not old Smile well, I'm 17, and most of the people think I'm a moody depressed teenager with an awful disposition.. Wink

why, do u seem it? coz otherwise they must be making silly hasty judgments

maybe its just the way u are which is not necessarily a bad thing.

a lot of my relatives sorta think i'm 'out of it' .,...it just happens im more the intellectual type with occasional deep moody moments, & i dont really connect with em on a lot of things ....Sometimes i feel like they love me but dont really get me. haha.
Evgin
Killjoy
Evgin
March 7th, 2008 at 10:44am
Collision Kiss:
Evgin:

and you're not old Smile well, I'm 17, and most of the people think I'm a moody depressed teenager with an awful disposition.. Wink

why, do u seem it? coz otherwise they must be making silly hasty judgments

maybe its just the way u are which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I know that, but not many people do. they don't look inside of you, maybe you're unique and amazing, but they don't care. you know what I mean, don't you?
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
March 7th, 2008 at 02:54pm
I never thought they really liked them.
But lately, I think they're being a bit more understanding.
Probably because they've compared them to all the other bands I listen to xD
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
March 7th, 2008 at 08:26pm
my mom said "They're very Satanic.. don't listen to their music"
then I was like "o_0 huh?!"
They insist that they're satanic.. yadaayadaa....
then I stood up and took my piecce.."they're not satanic, they've changed kids' lives, i love their music and there's nothing wrong with it...!"

wtf?! I dunno what's with them..

My dad.. there were times that he likes their music... once, I played WTTBP while all of us were doing chores (just for fun!) then at the end of the song.. the drum roll.. my dad was like "o_0, woah.. cool...." he likes it..

I also told him that Queen (his all time fave band) is one of MCR's greatest influences. He used to listen to MCR's/The Used's version of Under Pressure.. and Flash Gordon..

but there were times he's very annoyed of it, it's just only a noise for him...
geeluvsmee
Killjoy
geeluvsmee
March 8th, 2008 at 12:25am
My parents love MCR my mom even wants to go to a concert with me and I am supposed to go to a metallica concert with my dad.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 8th, 2008 at 12:56am
my dad calls them 'My Chemical Reaction" (wtf?) and my mum thinks Gerard is cute lol.
their pretty cool about them though. like their not freaked out by all the blood or anything like that. my mum totally gets the creative side of the music and she understands it because she listened to Alice Cooper when she was my age.
victoriaelaine.
Motor Baby
victoriaelaine.
March 8th, 2008 at 01:15am
my dad mocks them, but i know that he likes them, haha my dad will randomly send me text messages saying "teenagers scare the living shit outta me" hahaha

and my mom is a crazy mexican who think's it's 'devil" music... .
>.<
wasted youth.
Demolition Lover
wasted youth.
March 8th, 2008 at 03:28am
My dad doesn't really know anything about them, I know he likes Teenagers but that's about it.

My mum is a whole other story. She says she doesn't like them that much but I can tell she does. She knows all the guys names, sings to their songs, she even went to one of their concerts with me. She was impressed with them, and said that Gerard looks better now than he used to. Oh, and she's a Ray fangirl.
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
March 8th, 2008 at 04:00am
My mum doesn't like them..

(LONG STORY)
When I heard that MCR is going to have a concert here, I immediately asked for her permission.
She didn't answer at all but i think, she's gonna allow me to watch..
but then i ask her again, and said, she won't allow me..
I was crying soo hard that time.. then she decided to allow me, finally..
(*damn!*)
then I was watching an MCR concert on TV and she asked "Is that the band you're gonna watch next month?!" I nodded and she said, "I though it was HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL"

o_0

then, again.. she won't allow me to watch.. but then..the day before the concert.. I bought a ticket and showed it to her.. she was like 'where did you get those?" then I smirked.

she has no choice but to allow me.. Naughty
Brenny Boo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Brenny Boo
March 8th, 2008 at 07:14am
well my mom likes them....alot
StarGirl.
Jazz Hands
StarGirl.
March 8th, 2008 at 05:24pm
My Mum couldn't care less, but I just saw my Dad (for the first time, in like a month and a half!! Jeez) and we were talking about Amy MacDonald (blugh) and I mentione dthem and he was like, oh I have 'The Black Parade' and I was like "ZOMG!! REALLY?? SQUEEEEEE!!!" and my Barbie-Sister was sitting there like, blugh, MCR.....LoL
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
March 8th, 2008 at 06:41pm
my mom doesnt like them and thinks that they are a bad influence on me...but what does she kno. my dad actually went to the concert w/ me (hes cool) and he really likes them
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
March 8th, 2008 at 07:18pm
Mommy likes them so much right now! And I'm happy that she did like 'em, she once sang to the tune of Teenagers with me in the car, weeeee...I'm just so glad my mom enjoys their music I thought it would blast her mind out,My dad rather listens to the songs of Maiden, I don't mind and he doesn't mind me liking MCR either...
Detonator.
Really Not Okay
Detonator.
March 8th, 2008 at 08:16pm
lol my dad took me to their concert in Dec last year when they came to NZ... anyways he said he really liked them!! his fav song was Famous last words! he even said they were one of the best live bands around when my Aunt kept going on about Led Zepp.
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
March 8th, 2008 at 10:20pm
Haha. When I listen to it in the car, my mom goes like "I don't like the F-Word...Can we change it?"

It's like I'm....7.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 9th, 2008 at 08:26am
Dad doesn't mind TBP [ehh he hasn't really listened to their older stuff much], he likes some of my other music, eg. he likes Kisschasy, Juke Kartel, Arctic Monkeys & doesn't mind FOB either
Mum, well, she just hates them lol
lovebug;
Bleeding on the Floor
lovebug;
March 10th, 2008 at 12:14am
My mom like them.
My dad just doesen't care.