Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
Rose Tyler
Bleeding on the Floor
Rose Tyler
April 2nd, 2008 at 12:55am
My mom and all of my brothers and all but one of my sisters hate them.
and that one sister tries to like them but if you asked her how she likes Helena and she'll ask "which one is that again...?"
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 2nd, 2008 at 01:26am
Indigo Nightmare:
and that one sister tries to like them but if you asked her how she likes Helena and she'll ask "which one is that again...?"

well at least she makes an effort. if she ever crosses over we might put her in the 'MyChem Converts hall of fame' =D lol
Rose Tyler
Bleeding on the Floor
Rose Tyler
April 2nd, 2008 at 01:28am
Collision Kiss:
Indigo Nightmare:

well at least she makes an effort. if she ever crosses over we might put her in the 'MyChem Converts hall of fame' =D lol

She tries...do we have a hall of fame for that? - cow
Mid-Day Delusions
Killjoy
Mid-Day Delusions
April 2nd, 2008 at 12:03pm
My mom knows every song, and has the hots for Frank. I dont think shes in love with them, but she dosn't hate them.

Me: *pics up MCR book and flips through*
Mom:OMG!$#%
Me:What?!
Mom: LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF FRANK!

She scares me sometimes >_O
Joshua Von Grimm
Salute You in Your Grave
Joshua Von Grimm
April 2nd, 2008 at 01:11pm
My mum is a fan !! lol
and my Dad just gets sick of hearing them sometimes but he likes a few songs
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
April 2nd, 2008 at 06:33pm
Collision Kiss:
Silverfox0990:
My mom saw them and asked, "who are they?" I answered My Chemical Romance and she just said... "his nose looks pointy" she said pointing at Gerard...

LMAO thats so random Laughing

my ma got a new phone recently, & she specifically requested Teenagers for her ringtone .... Razz

So did my mom when her memory card was reformatted, all her music went away, she wrote songs on a paper and on the bottom of the list was Teenagers... But I don't think she knows the title of the song because she wrote:

My Chemical Romance - YOUR SOUNDS

haha...
my6chemical6romance6
Jazz Hands
my6chemical6romance6
April 3rd, 2008 at 02:51am
my mom didn't allow me to listen to rock songs , that's why i secretly listen to them.
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
April 3rd, 2008 at 03:08am
My mom likes 'em. She went to their show with me, haha. And not even because she didn't want to let me go alone. She still talks about how great the show was too. Hahaha.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 4th, 2008 at 12:31am
rockemo03:
my mom didn't allow me to listen to rock songs , that's why i secretly listen to them.

awwww. hug how can she not let u listen to an entire fking music genre? she might as well not let u turn on the radio. mwaxx & keep up ur dedication! i hope she'll see the light eventually
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
April 4th, 2008 at 09:17pm
my mom hates them
my dad pretends to like them
kinda annoying actually
cuz hes like "wanna bring your cd"
im like "can we just go to a concert?"
hes like..."icky with all those wierd people?"
(he doesnt actually say that but you can tell he wants to)
so im like "cd it is..."
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
April 4th, 2008 at 10:13pm
my mom thinks that the music is okay...thinks they are a really good influence because i told her about all the stuff they stand for, what they try to teach kids, how they have made me a stronger more confident person, gave me a place to fit in . I tried to tell my dad this but he is convinced they are all about drugs and he hates their hair. He goes on rants about of course they do what they do for the money and how it so easy for them to talk about helping people when they are rich...gir my dad......
my brother detestes every aspcet of them and has so far three times tonight burst into the office where im on the computer saying my chemical sucks..mcr sucks..stuff along those lines
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
Killjoy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
April 13th, 2008 at 12:36am
My dad thinks they're a joke and just a trend.......oh, he'll never know.
My mom loves the helena vid!
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 14th, 2008 at 05:50am
MY mum likes them specially I Don't Love You (she went to the concert) and my dad's sick of them because I listen to them all the time, but he sings to the sometimes (no where near as good as Gerard, so I know he likes them a little)
EllexZOMBI
Fabulous Killjoy
EllexZOMBI
April 14th, 2008 at 02:58pm
LOLOLOL. My dad loves mcr. He has The Black Parade in his car.
I introduced him to Mychem. He can't stop listening.

Sounds like me in my MCNewb years....
:3
John Wayne
Fabulous Killjoy
John Wayne
April 30th, 2008 at 12:08pm
i don't think my mom likes their music style, but she likes some of the "Welcome to the Black Parade" song.
But I think she secretly likes Gerard Way. lolo
And me and my dad always say Ray Toro reminds us of the Queen guitarist hehe. =]
The?!Society
Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
April 30th, 2008 at 01:01pm
rockemo03:

Mine either! She think MCR are like satan's spawns or something so she doesn't know. Which stinks because I can't wear any mcr shirts Sad
Demolition Lover 85
Killjoy
Demolition Lover 85
April 30th, 2008 at 01:27pm
I was listening to them one day in the car with my mom (She used to like rock but for the past 5 years now she doesn't aymore) and she didn't say anything until close to the end of "Mama" She was like what the heck are you listening to? I told her My Chemical Romance. She said I thought you'd say something like that. What the fuck does that mean? Then the other day both my parents me and my younger sis. got into an argument about music. (She doesn't like them ,but she likes hard rock) and daddy was saying that the rock today is nothing but shit and it's not good like what he listens to (Classic rock). So we all argueed about that. Then my sis.'s ex wears eyeliner and dady said something about how he must be gay (this is how the whole thing started to begin with) I said no a lot of rock guys wear eyeliner now. He thinks any guy who wears eyeliner is gay. He thinks that b/c me and my sis wear black a lot that we are gothic. Neither of us re we just like the color. My mom gets mad b/c my three year od daughter can sing some of thier songs. She thinks I shouldn't let her listen to them. Oh, well.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
April 30th, 2008 at 04:14pm
My parents don't know much. All they know is that they are my favorite band. They don't know they saved my life or anything. they never knew I was depressed. My mom heard me singing This Is how I disappear "who walks among the famous living dead" and she goes "I don't like that. It's not a good attitude and you already don't have a good one." I convinced her that it's not bad or anything. I've fully explained them to my mom. I've told her about their purpose and how they have oversome tough things and I've fully informed her and I guess she thinks they sound like good people. I just make sure I don't sing it when she's around. She would let me go to a show though. As long as I found someone to go with which is unlikely but she's not that uptight.
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
April 30th, 2008 at 04:37pm
I basically forced my mum into liking MCR because of the concert we went to.
She's in love with Welcome to the Black Parade + TBP, which annoys me, and she doesn't like Revenge much. She thinks Gerard is cute, it's kind of scary/funny. My dad hates 'em. x]
Both of them know they're my favourite band and that they mean so much to me, and have gotten used to me bringing MCR up in everyday conversation.
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 1st, 2008 at 12:10am
my dad hates mcr (he's really into heavy stuff) but he likes "mama" and "helena" and he think's bob is a great drummer.

no clue about my mom.