What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
September 19th, 2005 at 04:09am
going nowhere:
MyChemMomma:

Hi! I registered just so I could respond to this thread.

I'm glad to see that so many of you have parents that like MCR. I wondered if I was the only mom who did, lol. My 13 yr old is huge fan, she adores Mikey Smile I heard a few of their songs when she played them, but didn't pay much attention until I saw the "I'm Not Okay" video. It reminds me of my sucky high school days, I had to endure a bunch of preppy jerks. Now, I've acquainted myself with more of their music and have liked pretty well everything I've heard so far. Gerard is a great vocalist, the rest of the guys are extremely talented too. ( I found this website looking for info on the band. )

I really don't understand parents who dismiss their kid's music w/o giving it a chance. That's the same thing we complained about when we were kids, our parents didn't like our music either. Punk was just beginning to gain popularity when I was in high school (early 80's). Today's music is just an extension of that. In most cases much improved.

Mom
you're a cool mum. Cool

It awesome that your on here.. (wishing my mum like them....i think she does...SECRETLY...)
MikeyToasters
Killjoy
MikeyToasters
September 19th, 2005 at 07:23am
MyChemMomma:

I'm glad to see that so many of you have parents that like MCR. I wondered if I was the only mom who did, lol. My 13 yr old is huge fan, she adores Mikey Smile I heard a few of their songs when she played them, but didn't pay much attention until I saw the "I'm Not Okay" video. It reminds me of my sucky high school days, I had to endure a bunch of preppy jerks. Now, I've acquainted myself with more of their music and have liked pretty well everything I've heard so far. Gerard is a great vocalist, the rest of the guys are extremely talented too. ( I found this website looking for info on the band. )

I really don't understand parents who dismiss their kid's music w/o giving it a chance. That's the same thing we complained about when we were kids, our parents didn't like our music either. Punk was just beginning to gain popularity when I was in high school (early 80's). Today's music is just an extension of that. In most cases much improved.

Mom

I really. . . . . REALLY wish my mom was like you. Shocked If my mom was like you, I doubt I'd ever fight with her again.
->Lock n Load<-
Jazz Hands
->Lock n Load<-
September 19th, 2005 at 07:39am
My mum doesn't care.
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
September 19th, 2005 at 10:39am
Hey Mum, what do you think of MCR?
"I think he's a drug addled chubster"

serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
September 19th, 2005 at 11:11am
MyChemMomma:

Mom
its really good to see you on the site Very Happy just shows they range to everybody and not just kids. Welcome and i hope you enjoy it it.
I love your username by the way Very Happy
Je t'aime mon amour
In The Murder Scene
Je t'aime mon amour
September 19th, 2005 at 12:47pm
My mom was shocked when she heard them. All she could say was "You were such a princess when you were a kid. Why is my princess listening to this?" I told her that the singer also was a princess and she thought I was random. My dad loves interlude! Very Happy He thinks it rocks. He's cool.
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
September 19th, 2005 at 12:48pm
Lol!
Gerard is SO a princess. *giggles*
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
September 19th, 2005 at 01:03pm
my mum thinks there horrible goths and she also says that when gerard had long hair he looked like a girl. grrrrrrrrrrrr. she also thinks that Image is disgusting.

mehness
Je t'aime mon amour
In The Murder Scene
Je t'aime mon amour
September 19th, 2005 at 01:07pm
Drag Me On The Ground:
my mum thinks there horrible goths and she also says that when gerard had long hair he looked like a girl. grrrrrrrrrrrr. she also thinks that Image is disgusting.

mehness

Ah. Gerard looks more like a girl with long hair. And Image isn't disgusting at all. It's pretty.
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
September 19th, 2005 at 01:13pm
serene dream:
MyChemMomma:

Mom
its really good to see you on the site Very Happy just shows they range to everybody and not just kids. Welcome and i hope you enjoy it it.

wow you rock man! tee hee you're name is excelent, and thats exactly how people should feel, give us a chance! I'm still all wowed that there is a cool mom out there, actually on ino.net! Smile
xOxIheartMCRxOx
Killjoy
xOxIheartMCRxOx
September 19th, 2005 at 01:31pm
in my house its more kinda like:
mam:whats that blaring out of your stereo?
me:My Chemical Romance
mamSurprisedh that chap with the chubby face?
me: Evil or Very Mad just get out

my mam sucks
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
September 19th, 2005 at 01:33pm
xOxIheartMCRxOx:
in my house its more kinda like:
mam:whats that blaring out of your stereo?
me:My Chemical Romance
mamSurprisedh that chap with the chubby face?
me: Evil or Very Mad just get out

my mam sucks

My Mum says the same! Gah.
And about ricky Wilson from the Kaiser chiefs. She starts singing 'I predict a diet'...
matt skiba!
Awake and Unafraid
matt skiba!
September 19th, 2005 at 01:36pm
my dad hates them, my mums an MCR teenie- she has a huge crush on gerard, but doesnt really like the music. her favourite band is avenged sevenfold, and she has a thing for johnny christ.
xXxKyuuketsukixXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXxKyuuketsukixXx
September 19th, 2005 at 02:52pm
My mom just kinda ignores the music I listen to, although she does like "Ghost Of You". My dad thinks thier gay because they wear make-up. But he doesn't mind their songs.....
X.o.BeautifulDeath.o.X
Killjoy
X.o.BeautifulDeath.o.X
September 19th, 2005 at 04:01pm
My moms kind of a split cause one time I was listening to them in my livingroom and she was like what is this crap? I can't understand a word they say and then another time in the care I was listening to them and I went to change the song and my mom was like don't change it I like this song.

And as for my dad he hasn't ever heard them before so he doesn't have an opinion
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
September 19th, 2005 at 04:20pm
My mom heard me blasting Cemetary Drive and she sounded interested. She said, "And who is this?" "My Chemical Romance." "Oh..."
Torey Pop.
Jazz Hands
Torey Pop.
September 19th, 2005 at 04:21pm
Kon-Foozed:
serene dream:
MyChemMomma:

Mom

wow you rock man! tee hee you're name is excelent, and thats exactly how people should feel, give us a chance! I'm still all wowed that there is a cool mom out there, actually on ino.net! Smile

wow. you're the coolest mom, my mom hates my chemical romance, she likes green day and maroon fuve, bleugh.
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 19th, 2005 at 04:26pm
killer_odd_sock:
Lol!
Gerard is SO a princess. *giggles*

OMG thats EXACTLY what my mom said
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
September 19th, 2005 at 04:28pm
MyChemMomma:

Mom

be my stepmum.

please?
SIERRA ROFLZ
Awake and Unafraid
SIERRA ROFLZ
September 19th, 2005 at 04:31pm
awwwsugar:
MyChemMomma:

Mom

be my stepmum.

please?

lmao!! That's what I was thinking...

Please adopt me!!
Cool