Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
Coldwind3
Killjoy
Coldwind3
August 30th, 2007 at 06:21am
I agree that it's possibly about not being perfect...

It seems like maybe it's about someone at war writing to their mother, and the mother fears for his life and worries about him so they are kind of not getting along very well. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
September 3rd, 2007 at 10:00am
i think the song is like a suicide letter of some dude to his mom. and you know, the guys like releasing his pent up emotions from all the things his mother did to him like sending him to war and stuff....
joy division.
Shotgun Sinner
joy division.
September 4th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Apparently, Gerard just got the phrase, MAMA, WE ALL GO TO HELL in his head and Ray put a beat to. Yay.

It might be about his mother [[his being gerard or the person gerard wrote the song abwt i.e. A FIGMENT OF HIS IIIMAAAAGINATION]] telling him to be good well mannered so he'll go to heaven if he dies during the war

AND JUST YOU MIND YOUR MANNERS WHEN YOU GO

the gunshots and the the word war appear in this song so that gives you a clue...

and he says MAMA WE ALL GO TO HELL [[as in replying to her saying be good well mannered blah blah blah]]
and MAMA WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE as in die in the war. Yes, i am a confuzzling person
Lady Deathstrike
Killjoy
Lady Deathstrike
September 8th, 2007 at 08:19pm
It's about losing your innocence by going off to war and seeing the world in a more negative way as a result from being in battle.
Alice Cullen
Fabulous Killjoy
Alice Cullen
September 13th, 2007 at 01:09am

I think that some of the songs on "The Black Parade" aren't about the patient, but about people he met after he died, in the 'afterlife' or whatever.

For example, I think this one's about a soldier who was killed in battle, etc.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I interpreted the album. With the beginning and end songs being the patient's thoughts but the middle bits being him interacting with other recently-dead people.

ParaWhore
Killjoy
ParaWhore
September 13th, 2007 at 07:06pm
I heard that there parents are all singing in the background at the end. But i may be wrong.. :/
Kurokage Na-chan
Killjoy
Kurokage Na-chan
September 15th, 2007 at 04:21am
well...I think it's about a guy going to die in a war...I'm not sure though..
Kurokage Na-chan
Killjoy
Kurokage Na-chan
September 15th, 2007 at 04:22am
Lady Deathstrike:
It's about losing your innocence by going off to war and seeing the world in a more negative way as a result from being in battle.

I agree too. Because in the first bit he was singing "Mama, we all go to hell" meaning like he is already at war and probably he's getting pretty negative.

I think it's also saying don't think I'm a total idiot for going out to war and I know that if I die you'll think I've done wrong and hate me for being that way. Well, actually I think this person died already after writing this letter.
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
September 17th, 2007 at 10:43am
xfremikardx:
I heard that there parents are all singing in the background at the end. But i may be wrong.. :/

It does say on the insert that there are additional vocals on Mama done by a couple of Ieros, a Way and a Toro-Ortiz.
ever_after
Killjoy
ever_after
September 19th, 2007 at 12:14pm
I think the additional vocals are supposed to represent the families of soldiers at war. 'We'll all carry on when our brothers in arms are gone' is probably saying that they (the soldiers) will live on even when their friends are dead.

Maybe, its about the war in Iraq?
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
September 19th, 2007 at 07:05pm
I always thought that this song was the chorus of those dead in war, screaming to be alive again.
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
September 22nd, 2007 at 09:59pm
i think its about his mommy issues....

hahaha no im only kidding its about war, mother war and the struggles that go with it.
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
September 22nd, 2007 at 10:00pm
mother freaking war
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 23rd, 2007 at 10:31am
mama's the next single, YAY!!!!

I thik the song is about guy going to war, being sure he's gonna die. His mother tells him to be good and this song is kind'a reply to her.
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 26th, 2007 at 10:44pm
I think it'a about New Jersey...Sum ppl call New Jersy a "hell".And admitting the truth hat death is a part of every life,and that we all die,sumtime,and sum how.

My papa LOVES the song mama.He grew up in NJ,and he listens 2 Mama,cuz it reminds him of hiz home.He's glad he got away from the violence,but sad that he left his home.

lol,he even has a little "rap" version of the song...
Lizabethian
Killjoy
Lizabethian
September 26th, 2007 at 11:33pm
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well, (obviously it's a letter)

Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry, (his boy's mom is asking him questions he doesn't want to answer because it will make her weep)
Mama, we're all gonna die. (my guess is he's saying him and his fellow troops are going to die)

And when we go don't blame us, yeah. (He doesn't want his mom to feel bad)
We'll let the fires just bathe us, yeah. (He'll die quickly)
You made us, oh, so famous. (thanks for everything)
We'll never let you go. (I'll never forget you)
And when you go don't return to me my love. (don't forget I love you)

Mama, we're all full of lies.
Mama, we're meant for the flies.
And right now they're building a coffin your size,
Mama, we're all full of lies.

(I think this entire paragraph is about humanity not being meant to live, even his mother. I think "they" are supposed to be demons or something like that)

Well Mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue, (I've changed)
You should've raised a baby girl, I wish you'd had a girl instead of me)
I should've been a better son. (sorry)
If you could coddle the infection (If you can handle it)
They can amputate at once. (They'll make me die quick)

She said: "You ain't no son of mine
For what you've done they're gonna find
A place for you
And just you mind your manners when you go.
And when you go, don't return to me, my love."

(means his mom is ashamed of him)

And if you would call me your sweetheart,
I'd maybe then sing you a song

But there's shit that I've done with this f**k of a gun,
You would cry out your eyes all along.

(He's got this girl back at home but he's ashamed and undeserving of her because of what he has done in battle)

It's a kinda creepy song Shocked and yet just like going into a haunted house you can't help but love every second it.
Rouge
Killjoy
Rouge
October 5th, 2007 at 05:20am
This songs meaning to me is how a guy joined the army so that he could prove himself worthy of love,........

....that only a mother could give........... well maybe not really.
Jack Sprat
Fabulous Killjoy
Jack Sprat
October 5th, 2007 at 07:02am
imeanthis_4ever:

the line that confuses me the most is "And right now they're building a coffin your size."

does anyone know what "if you can say then I'll show you the way to return from the ashes you call" and "You made us oh so famous" means?

I always thought of the narrator as a dead soldier that the patient met on whatever journey he is going on, a soldier that was killed in the war. He was writing the letter as sort of an attempt to antagonize his mother, as a sort of "revenge" per se. I always saw the Mother as one of those strictly religious hypocrites, y'know? And he was kind of saying "Fuck you! We all go to hell in the end. We're all going to die. There is no place in heaven for you." So with the lines about the coffin, I thought it was his way fo scaring her, showing her how little time she had left.

I'm not sure about the lines "if you can say then I'll show you the way to return from the ashes you call".... but the ones about making them famous (them for me being the other soldiers in the war, "brothers in arms"Wink, my interpretation of it was those war memorials with the soldiers name inscribed on them. The way the war made these people into icons, or someone to look up to kind of.

Hope that helps.
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
October 7th, 2007 at 12:36pm
I don't know. But the first time I heard the song, I knew it was actually for "not being perfect" but when I saw the lyrics I thought it was about war. But I think the song is about our damned lives. I don't know, I'm not sure, coz it's my own interpretation to the song. The "Mama" in the song I think is uh the God, nah, I don't know.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 18th, 2007 at 11:38am
Okay, first off, it's about WWI. Haven't you noticed?
Mama, we all go to hell is an indication that war IS hell. They're gonna go to war. Talking about Jews, they were tortured, mainly their legs and tongue.

They'll die in the war, and so and so....