Don't have an account? Create one!

Mama

AuthorMessage
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 27th, 2006 at 08:24am
Awake And Unafraid:
I saw this on songmeanings.net and really agreed with it so here goes. Bassically the song is sung by people the patient met who were soilders. The soilders were writing letters to their mothers. one said they're all going to hell for killing the other boys in the war and one says they're all full of lies. another gets his leg ampitated rather painfully and another says his mother should have had a daughter because girls can't kill people at war (or atleast not in this war, which is likely world war 2), and that he should have been a better son. one mother disowns her son for the killing. and they all say they're going to hell and know they're going to die in battle and are probably getting drunk. "so raise your glass high, for tommorow we die" (kind of like ghost of you video). and bassically the patient should be grateful that hes dieing in hospital and not on the battlefeild like these men. This is supported because on some of tbp t shirts there are outlines of soilders.

This would make sense in so far as it explains how the song fits into the chronology of the patient's story.
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
December 27th, 2006 at 12:18pm
This is prettymuch my favourite song on the CD, and that CD is pretty friggin awesome.

Anything in italics is my two cents.

Mama, we all go to hell I think he sinned and thinks he's going to hell?
Mama, we all go to hell
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well Pretty self-explanitory...he's writing to his mom
Mama, we all go to hell

Oh, well, now, mama, we're all gonna die I think he's at war and thinks he's gonna die
Mama, we're all gonna die
Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry His mom's asking him about the war or something
Mama, we're all gonna die

And when we go don't blame us, yeah Umm, he's going out to war now and he's saying not to blame him for it, because he probobly got drafted
We'll let the fires just bathe us, yeah Huh...I think it either means that the fires from guns/explosions will kill them, OR once they die, the'll be bathed in the fires of hell...
You made us oh so famous, we'll never let you go The famous part I have no idea what it means, but the never let you go part might mean that even if they die they'll still remember her or something.
And when you go don't return to me, my love This one's tricky...erm, i think maybe it's his mom saying that and she's mad at him for killing in war.

Mama, we're all full of lies Pretty self explanitory...they're all full of lies. -_-
Mama, we're meant for the flies He's saying humans are pitiful creatures for makeing things like war
And right now they're building a coffin your size They could be building a coffin for either the patient or his mom...it all depends on which way you look at it
Mama, we're all full of lies

Well, mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue Something happend to his legs and tongue
You should've raised a baby girl, I could've been a better son Girls can't go out to war, so he's saying that his mom should've raised a girl, and, obviously, he could've been a better son.
If you could coddle the infection, they can amputate at once Honestly, I have no idea what this means...maybe they can amputate this leg because it was injured seriously?
You could've been, I could've been a better son

And when we go don't blame us, yeah,
We'll let the fires just bathe us, yeah,
You made us sound so famous, We'll never let you go
She said "You ain't no son of mine, His mom is disappointed in him
They're gonna find a place for you and just and just your mind No idea.
Your manners and when you go ?
When you go don't return to me, my love

Mama, we all go to hell
Mama, we all go to hell
It's really quite pleasant except for the smell Personally, I find that part hillarious.
Mama, we all go to hell

2 - 3 - 4!
Mama! Mama! Mama! He's screaming for his mom...I think...
Mama! Mama! Mama!

[Lizza Minneli:] I wish you'd call me your sweetheart, I'd maybe than sing you a song She would express her love for him if only she'd love him back
[Gerard:] But there's shit that' I've done with this fuck of a gun, you would cry out your eyes all along He's killed someone and thinks that if his mom knew she wouldn't love him anymore

We're damned after all Self-explanitory
Through fortune and flame we fall ???
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
December 29th, 2006 at 12:52am
i think its about over barring moms . 1st the push u in 2 doing something {like joinin the army}then when u get back they bitch u out for wht u did even if u did it 4 them
Pvt_Salmanila
Killjoy
Pvt_Salmanila
December 29th, 2006 at 03:32am
The song is about war.....and as a soldier heading to war....it reminds me of how it feels to be on the edge of fear and insanity in knowing that I could come to a violent and painful end....and besides....my mom is just like the one described here
Peaceypoo.
Salute You in Your Grave
Peaceypoo.
December 29th, 2006 at 11:18am
I've heard in an interview with MCR that it was about a boy, who wrote a letter home to his mother when he where in war...
And he like panics and get all hysterical!
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
December 29th, 2006 at 04:06pm
i personally think its about the patients mother not accepting the fact that he went to war without her permission
Demolitionlover432
Killjoy
Demolitionlover432
December 29th, 2006 at 05:52pm
Its about a fight the patient had with his mother (mother war) about a war all men were drafted into (the great war).
victorvonvictora
Killjoy
victorvonvictora
December 29th, 2006 at 10:37pm
its about gerard telling his mom about him being gay or well his homosexality and the thing with bert they kissed first time on a dare thats the and his mom is crying pissed and disapointed (so would mine U know) and so thats why its called mother wars it makes sence if u think about it cuz if i know i told my mom i liked dude she would flip cry and disown my ass o and she tells him hes going to hell cuz u know there cristins or what ever they belive in god and being gay is a sin blah blah when well am not getin it to my belifes of religon u know

(sry about the spelling and every thing elsabout it u know dis fuckin laxic and i have a learning disability so school was tough never realy learned it all u know
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
Killjoy
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
December 29th, 2006 at 11:33pm
No the song is not about Gerards sexuality.
Its about how there on there death bed, and how there going to hell.

"Mama, we all go to hell.
Mama, we all go to hell.
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well,
Mama, we all go to hell.

Oh well, now, Mama, we're all gonna die.
Mama, we're all gonna die.
Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry,
Mama, we're all gonna die."
victorvonvictora
Killjoy
victorvonvictora
December 30th, 2006 at 02:59pm
okay what ever yo thats just what i was told u know
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
Killjoy
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
December 30th, 2006 at 04:17pm
victorvonvictora:
okay what ever yo thats just what i was told u know

Whatever, and NO you didn't just say that. Neutral
India
Shotgun Sinner
India
December 30th, 2006 at 06:07pm
mcrfreak21:
Mud:
I think this song is about the feelings of hopelessness surrounding war. Hence, "Mama, we're all gonna die. Stop asking me questions, I'd hate to see you cry."

i completely agree with you!

Yeahh This Is About Right Yet Again I Still Think Its About Not Being The Perfect Son Cause He Says ''You Should Of Raised A Baby Girl, I Should Have Been A Better Son..''

just a thought lol
xMCRxISxLIFEx
Killjoy
xMCRxISxLIFEx
December 31st, 2006 at 01:51am
i think it is interducing the character in the black parade called mother war....maybe it is refering to a war the patient was in and maybe he was a war hero "you made us oh so famous"?
TotallyHopeless
Salute You in Your Grave
TotallyHopeless
January 1st, 2007 at 08:45am
I think it's about war...
But it doesn't have to be a fighting-war, it might be a mental war...
It's also about feeling hopeless and scared...

Like when I was a little kid I actually felt the whole "we're all going to hell" thing when I realised that everyone is going to die.
And I was like "Mom, we're all gonna die..."
Those parts seems to me like a little cry out for help or something.
Like you'd cry out: "Mommy I'm scared, I don't wanna die, hug me!"

But that might just be a little "b-side" of the song... XP
But I'll stay on that track trough this post...

And now... let's just say that this dude gave up.
He felt that life is hopeless so he gave up.

The mother don't like it, she wants her son to live and all that but he might be thinking about suicide or something...
Hence the letter and the "And when we go don't blame us" and the "I should have been a better son"
Sounds a bit suicidal to me!

Or maybe (now my slightly morbid side starts to come along) he feeels that if life is so hopeless he'll help people to be free...
Which means killing them... so he does his little massacre but is stopped before killing himself.
His mother finds out:

"You ain't no son of mine
For what you've done they're gonna find
A place for you
And just you mind your manners when you go.
And when you go, don't return to me, my love."

And it also seems like the guy in question is a bit crazy...
I just get the feeling that he get's out of an asylum and goes to kill his mom, and tells her:
"Mama, we all go to hell.
It's really quite pleasant
Except for the smell,
Mama, we all go to hell."

And she tries to calm him down and kinda offers to sing a song for him but he stands there with the gun from the massacre maybe and kinda tells her that there is no use.

Everyone is damned and you can't do shit about it...

And if you litsen to the end I just get the feeling that he shoots himself and the mother cries over him...

That's my kinda morbid thoughts!
Heart_Broken_Myth
Killjoy
Heart_Broken_Myth
January 1st, 2007 at 02:48pm
Hmm... i personally interpret this song about war, but i think the character is dying "Well, mother, what the war did to my legs and to my tongue" and this is like his last letter home, explaining what hes done and asking for forgiveness before he dies... but thats just my opinion
Disgusting
Bleeding on the Floor
Disgusting
January 1st, 2007 at 07:26pm
I think its about the pationt, who did so many bad things, he had a choice to go to jail or the army, He chose the army and went off to war with his brothers who were involved with all the bad things he done, and they all died exsept himsef and he got cancer from radiation.

Its basicly just a link to the story, the pationt was an awful person in life, he went to war, got cancer. And started regreating all the things he did.
Missing the one he loved.
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
January 2nd, 2007 at 10:34am
I got the message that you know when mothers expect you to be perfect? he is saying mama no-one is perfect and the world isn't perfect thus we get war etc.
Just My Impression
xx
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
January 2nd, 2007 at 10:41am
If you could coddle the infection, they can amputate at once
You know that line ^^^
I think it means if she can get rid of the infection they can amputate it
And by infection i thought he meant the way he was
I dont make sense do i really :s
Ahh Well
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
January 2nd, 2007 at 06:22pm
I agree with the war idea. The other thing too is that I read that Gerard said that System of Down influnced the band a little on this record and I think it was this song he is talking about.
samthefallen
Killjoy
samthefallen
January 4th, 2007 at 02:25pm
i think it's mother war. it seems to fit the song. Very Happy