good one
kiss the bride

thanks n__n
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 5th, 2006 at 08:35pm
silverrain:
I've to join mcrfreak21: that's a thoughtful interpretation, KissTheBride Smartass

I don't know, but it's not that unlikely that the patient could be a singer of a rock band himself who is considered as an idol and a "savior" by his young fans or a wasted "madman" or a threat to the youth by others (probably parts of the adult world).

yes!! omg someone unsertands me... haha XD just kidding
thanks!
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 5th, 2006 at 09:38pm
KissTheBride:
"They say now suffer all the children"
There is a guy, that is seen as a savior by all the children, but by the adults is seen as a mind breaker and a monster for the children.
"Don't breath for me"
That how the children worship him so much
"How could you cry for me"
That how the childen cry
"for the monsters that I've been"
he never new until now what the adults thought of him
and he says in a sarcastic way how his been a monster
"Cos there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did"
Cuze he feels and what all the children tell him is that he saved him so he says to the adults how he thinks he did right

and all the parts about his nightmares are what he tells the children about.

Im just going to put it out there, no more "hints":
We see mcr as our saviours and other people say that ther break are minds and are the ones that make some of us suicidel, even look what these dudes say: http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/18338/

"Don't breath for me"
That how the fans worship him so much

"How could you cry for me"
That how people say that "we" cry for them as suicidels

"for the monsters that I've been"
he never new until now what the others thought of him
and he says in a sarcastic way how his been a monster

"Cos there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did"
Cuze he feels and what all the us fans tell him is that he saved us, so he says to the adults and other people how he thinks he did right and how he belives in are words that we love them so much and that they are truly are saviors
smoke2myfire
Killjoy
smoke2myfire
December 10th, 2006 at 03:26pm
I think this is used both figuratively and literally. Literally, because his brother and he had nightmares or “terrors” as in the recording in the song, so they can’t get to sleep. Figuratively, I think he just wants to die. He says how could you could you cry for me (At my funeral) for all the awful things I’ve done, and I don’t regret them at all? It also says “kiss me good-bye” so he did horrible things to his girlfriend – and at this point, I think he beats her when he’s drunk – and he’s saying good-bye, like he’s going somewhere. Then he decides at the last moment that he doesn’t want to die. That’s why he screams for himself to wake up over and over again. When she cries, she could also have found him just after he committed suicide.

and people... if you have something to say that has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about, DONT SAY IT.
Suide_n_her_gothnss
Killjoy
Suide_n_her_gothnss
December 11th, 2006 at 07:22pm
hey well whn i hear sleep it reminds me of wat i go thru im on wellobutrin an anti depressant and he says some say all suffer all the children.......and he's all like how could you cry for me cuz therr aint no way that im sorry for wat i did ... and he's like shut your eyes and kiss me goodbye and sleep so my take is that he <the character> has done some kind of crime against a kid after having a mentally depressing moment and he starts to feel bad and dead inside so he overdoses and imagines killing himself and dying and going to hell and he see all this horrendous shit and it freaks him out but he cant seem to wake up becuz its to much of a reality and in the end he actually realizes its the truth and he is dead and he cant wake up. i dont know thats just how i figured it

xxI'll drown in sorrow before i wakexx
loveneverwantedme
Killjoy
loveneverwantedme
December 12th, 2006 at 04:27pm
if i remeber correctly in an interview with Alternative Press Gerrard said that he wrote the song about the bad dreams that he was having, and the lack of sleep that they got while they stayed at the paramore
siiti
Killjoy
siiti
December 18th, 2006 at 10:40am
me and my cousin were thinking about this song and we tought it could be good to share our oppinion... don´t know if it´s right but here you go

um we thought these are some thoughts of the famous patient in the hospital waiting to die..

1 "some say now suffer all the children and walk away a saviour"
-- well this was actually the hardest part ( :-] )
but this can be the oppinion of the guys ("some.." ) that see the patient(s) (or the children) are going to die as suffering people who go to heaven then (or to death) as a saviour (just like jesus or some matyr -- i don´t believe in that christian thing too but, well, only the other people ["some say..."] think that)

2. "...or a madman and pulluted from gutter institutions"
-- As this sentence goes through the patient´s mind he thinks that it can´t only be a savior but also a madman or something bad... because not every dying child is a nice person, and having a deadly illness doesn´t make you good...

3. "don´t you breathe for me, undeserving all your sympathy"
Well this is just what the patient wants to say to the people that want him to stay alive
- "breathe for me" can mean the machines that make him stay alive (like the ones that breathe for him and the ones that make his heart work and on and on) or this is symbolic for the people that love him and want him to be with them, the people that try everything to keep him, and he doesn´t want that because a) he knows he´s going to die, and they are trying in vain and b) he also wants to die because he has to suffer so much pain and wants to get away from this bad, nasty world
- "undeserving all your sympathy"
he knows that he is not nicer or any better than in the times he was still healthy he doesn´t want to be treated like a very nice person now,
he doesn´t want his beloved friends and family to suffer with him,
he doesn´t want them to be sad because he loves them and
he doesn´t want them to think of him as such an angel just because he isn´t able to do bad things anymore

4 "cause there is no way that i´m sorry for what i did"
that perfectly fits to part 3
he isn´t sorry for what he did (the bad things) and therefore he has not become a saviour or a jesus or something.he regrets nothing.

5 "and through it all how could you cry for me cause i don´t feel bad about it"
that´s the same thing again, well maybe he isn´t able to speak anymore and so he just thinks it or he thought the things above and says that now

6 "so shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep"
a) he´s saying that to his family and friends, and he wants them to sleep because then they can fulfill their dreams => look at no 7
b) he wants his family to eventually stop the fightings and struggles for his life and wants them to say that to him, so in this case falling asleep is dying.

7 "the hardest part was letting go of your dreams"
ok. maybe this is just gerard saying this to the patient.
as the patient was still healthy, he had dreams and wanted to reach something in his life. now that he knows he´s gonna die he can´t do this, so his wishes will remain undone.("letting go of your dreams" )
and this was the worst thing for him as he realized that he´s gonna die.
ad 6) sleeping is not this real sleeping that we do, it´s more maybe living like you want to.
it´s the perfect, nearly impossible way to live, so it´s compared to sleeping.
"your dreams" are the things that you reach in this perfect life.
6a) so maybe he wants his friends to go on living like they did before (after he has died) and go on reaching out for their dreams, because he´ll never be able to do that again and he knows that it´s a big f++king situation when you realize that you´ve never done anything for yourself and lived your life for someone else.
he wants them not to make the same mistake as he made.

8 "a drink for the horror that i´m in... [...] ... [...] ...unapologetic apathy"
this is what the patient thinks shortly before he dies. he wants to celebrate before he goes, like in a party before you leave school or something.
-- "the horror that" he´s "in" - is his bad situation, his suffering, he disease
-- "the good guys and the bad guys"
- a) these are the guys that he met in his life, some were nice, some were not
- b) these are the people that are dying of a disese, not all are nice and innocent
-- "for the monsters that i´ve been" - "three cheers for tyranny"
- he wasn´t innocent all his live, too. he also has done lightly or heavy bad things
-- "unapologetic apathy"
- well he can´t talk to his mates, friends and family anymore because he´s so ill, but this is actually unapologetic, because the things he wants to say to them are so important.

9 "cause there is no way that i´m coming back again"
he simply wants to celebrate (as in no 8 ) for good things as well as for bad things cause there is nothing in the world that is "purely good" or "purely bad"
he wants to celebrate because this is his last chance

- "and through it all... [...] ...just sleep" -

10 "the hardest part is the awful things that i´ve seen"
"the awful things that i´ve seen" is the suffering you go through when you have a deadly disease.
it was really hard for him he suffer from this disease, it caused pain and whatever, and maybe whishes that he had died as the disease started, cause he suffered in vain for so long, because he dies anyway.

11 "sometimes i see flames"
"flames" stands for anger, agression and rage
it makes him angry to be ill

12 "and sometimes i´d see people that i love dying and... it´s always"
he is kinda scared of himself because he´s so angry now and he wishes that other people died instead of him
he´s shy to admit that he always (not only sometimes) has these thoughts
he doesn´t want to die, but he accepted that he has to and so these thoughts come to his head

13 "wake up"
the other´s shout wake up, trying to make him live

14 "i can´t, i can´t wake up"
he´s dying
Suide_n_her_gothnss
Killjoy
Suide_n_her_gothnss
December 18th, 2006 at 06:21pm
siiti:
me and my cousin were thinking about this song and we tought it could be good to share our oppinion... don´t know if it´s right but here you go

um we thought these are some thoughts of the famous patient in the hospital waiting to die..

1 &quot;some say now suffer all the children and walk away a saviour&quot;
-- well this was actually the hardest part ( :-] )
but this can be the oppinion of the guys (&quot;some..&quot; ) that see the patient(s) (or the children) are going to die as suffering people who go to heaven then (or to death) as a saviour (just like jesus or some matyr -- i don´t believe in that christian thing too but, well, only the other people [&quot;some say...&quot;] think that)

2. &quot;...or a madman and pulluted from gutter institutions&quot;
-- As this sentence goes through the patient´s mind he thinks that it can´t only be a savior but also a madman or something bad... because not every dying child is a nice person, and having a deadly illness doesn´t make you good...

3. &quot;don´t you breathe for me, undeserving all your sympathy&quot;
Well this is just what the patient wants to say to the people that want him to stay alive
- &quot;breathe for me&quot; can mean the machines that make him stay alive (like the ones that breathe for him and the ones that make his heart work and on and on) or this is symbolic for the people that love him and want him to be with them, the people that try everything to keep him, and he doesn´t want that because a) he knows he´s going to die, and they are trying in vain and b) he also wants to die because he has to suffer so much pain and wants to get away from this bad, nasty world
- &quot;undeserving all your sympathy&quot;
he knows that he is not nicer or any better than in the times he was still healthy he doesn´t want to be treated like a very nice person now,
he doesn´t want his beloved friends and family to suffer with him,
he doesn´t want them to be sad because he loves them and
he doesn´t want them to think of him as such an angel just because he isn´t able to do bad things anymore

4 &quot;cause there is no way that i´m sorry for what i did&quot;
that perfectly fits to part 3
he isn´t sorry for what he did (the bad things) and therefore he has not become a saviour or a jesus or something.he regrets nothing.

5 &quot;and through it all how could you cry for me cause i don´t feel bad about it&quot;
that´s the same thing again, well maybe he isn´t able to speak anymore and so he just thinks it or he thought the things above and says that now

6 &quot;so shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep&quot;
a) he´s saying that to his family and friends, and he wants them to sleep because then they can fulfill their dreams =&gt; look at no 7
b) he wants his family to eventually stop the fightings and struggles for his life and wants them to say that to him, so in this case falling asleep is dying.

7 &quot;the hardest part was letting go of your dreams&quot;
ok. maybe this is just gerard saying this to the patient.
as the patient was still healthy, he had dreams and wanted to reach something in his life. now that he knows he´s gonna die he can´t do this, so his wishes will remain undone.(&quot;letting go of your dreams&quot; )
and this was the worst thing for him as he realized that he´s gonna die.
ad 6) sleeping is not this real sleeping that we do, it´s more maybe living like you want to.
it´s the perfect, nearly impossible way to live, so it´s compared to sleeping.
&quot;your dreams&quot; are the things that you reach in this perfect life.
6a) so maybe he wants his friends to go on living like they did before (after he has died) and go on reaching out for their dreams, because he´ll never be able to do that again and he knows that it´s a big f++king situation when you realize that you´ve never done anything for yourself and lived your life for someone else.
he wants them not to make the same mistake as he made.

8 &quot;a drink for the horror that i´m in... [...] ... [...] ...unapologetic apathy&quot;
this is what the patient thinks shortly before he dies. he wants to celebrate before he goes, like in a party before you leave school or something.
-- &quot;the horror that&quot; he´s &quot;in&quot; - is his bad situation, his suffering, he disease
-- &quot;the good guys and the bad guys&quot;
- a) these are the guys that he met in his life, some were nice, some were not
- b) these are the people that are dying of a disese, not all are nice and innocent
-- &quot;for the monsters that i´ve been&quot; - &quot;three cheers for tyranny&quot;
- he wasn´t innocent all his live, too. he also has done lightly or heavy bad things
-- &quot;unapologetic apathy&quot;
- well he can´t talk to his mates, friends and family anymore because he´s so ill, but this is actually unapologetic, because the things he wants to say to them are so important.

9 &quot;cause there is no way that i´m coming back again&quot;
he simply wants to celebrate (as in no 8 ) for good things as well as for bad things cause there is nothing in the world that is &quot;purely good&quot; or &quot;purely bad&quot;
he wants to celebrate because this is his last chance

- &quot;and through it all... [...] ...just sleep&quot; -

10 &quot;the hardest part is the awful things that i´ve seen&quot;
&quot;the awful things that i´ve seen&quot; is the suffering you go through when you have a deadly disease.
it was really hard for him he suffer from this disease, it caused pain and whatever, and maybe whishes that he had died as the disease started, cause he suffered in vain for so long, because he dies anyway.

11 &quot;sometimes i see flames&quot;
&quot;flames&quot; stands for anger, agression and rage
it makes him angry to be ill

12 &quot;and sometimes i´d see people that i love dying and... it´s always&quot;
he is kinda scared of himself because he´s so angry now and he wishes that other people died instead of him
he´s shy to admit that he always (not only sometimes) has these thoughts
he doesn´t want to die, but he accepted that he has to and so these thoughts come to his head

13 &quot;wake up&quot;
the other´s shout wake up, trying to make him live

14 &quot;i can´t, i can´t wake up&quot;
he´s dying
i can soo totally see where your're coming from
and
XXthats deepXX
viva la romance dude
viva la sleep too
Emo Dirtbag
Killjoy
Emo Dirtbag
December 23rd, 2006 at 03:27pm
that song is just telling a bunch of kids to sleep but that song still rocks. All MCR song rock Clap
Lees
Killjoy
Lees
December 23rd, 2006 at 04:29pm
Off topic i'm sorry, but Emo And Proud stole my msn name, it's been that for ages *crys*

Back on topic, i don't like this song as much as others, lyrics may be good but it doesn't have the same feelig as other do on me.
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 25th, 2006 at 07:26am
Lees, what's ur problem? r u numb or something? the song rocks like all the other songs in the album.

i think the "sleep" he's talking about is death. after all he (the patient) has been in his life (the good guys and bad guys, monsters i've been) he fails to make his plans in life come true. but he doesn't want others to feel sorry for him. at the end, he still wasn't able to accomplish his plans and finally he lets go of his dreams and he
just sleeps.
but i might be wrong.
Lees
Killjoy
Lees
December 25th, 2006 at 01:57pm
I aint got a problem, just don't like this song, do i have to like every song they done?
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 26th, 2006 at 06:33am
This song has less feeling than the others? Shocked
...umm, for me it's just the opposite. When at the end Gerard is singing "Just Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" repeatedly , it gets me every time.

But this was also the only song of the album I had to hear several times before it finally grew on me. Now it's one of my favourites.

Okay, sorry, this was off-topic, but just wanted to say that I really like this song.
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 26th, 2006 at 07:49am
Lees:
I aint got a problem, just don't like this song, do i have to like every song they done?

well, not necessarily. No

but it's a nice song.
yet again, you're entitled to your own opinion.
sorry if my reaction sounded rather harsh. (if you did feel that it was)
i didn't mean it to sound that way.
Awake And Unafraid
Killjoy
Awake And Unafraid
December 27th, 2006 at 09:10am
wow some people did alot! heres my interpretation.
Its about the patients thoughts and feelings about death and its a really good song because its really well thought about by Gerard and you can tell he puts himself into it and it makes the character more real. its a bit of a boring song though.

First Gerard had night terrors when he was making tbp and decided to relate it to the patient who probably had night terrors aswell in hospital.

"Some say now suffer all the children and walk away a saviour,
Or a madman and polluted from gutter institutions." I think its about doing a generous selfless act and suffering to save children and you can either walk away good and a saviour or mad and polluted by the world. and I think its something to do with how the patient never was a saviour like his father told him to be.

Don't you breathe for me, undeserving of your sympathy,
Cos there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did.
-don't pray for me, don't even breath for me because I don't deserve your sympathy and am not sorry (about bad things he did in life)

And through it all how could you cry
For me?
Cos I don't feel bad about it.
So shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye,
And sleep.
Just sleep.

-hes saying why do you cry for me because hes trying to accept his death. when he gos he just wants her to close her eyes and sleep and forget about him.

The hardest part is letting go of your dreams.
-great line. means that the patient never acomplishes his hopes and dreams and now has to let them go.

A drink for the horror that I'm in, for the good guys,
And the bad guys, for the monsters that I've been.

Abit of a pity party, reflecting on whats happening to him and how hes been a bad person.

Three cheers for tyranny, unapologetic apathy,
Cos there ain't no way that I'm coming back again.

he says three cheers for evil/tyranny, and I'm pathetic but I'm not apologising for it, because hes fed up and not coming back again.

The hardest part is the awful things that I've seen.
"sometimes I see flames. And sometimes id see people that I love dying and... I'ts always"

More night terrors-not sure what they mean-bad memories in life (such as war) that are making bad nightmares perhaps?
guran!
Shotgun Sinner
guran!
December 28th, 2006 at 11:26am
The song meaning for Sleep could possibly be somewhat related to Stephen King's short story, Suffer The little Children
I realize taht this might have no relavance to the Patient but this seems to fit.

''Some say, now suffer all the children
And walk away a savior,
Or a madman and polluted
From gutter institutions.
Don't you breathe for me,
Undeserving of your sympathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did.'' - She shoots him, and after a brief battle of conscience over whether or not to continue, kills twelve other students

''And through it all
How could you cry for me?
Cause I don't feel bad about it.
So shut your eyes,
Kiss me goodbye,
And sleep.
Just sleep.

The hardest part is letting go of
Your dreams.''-That night, she kills herself with a piece of broken glass,

''A drink for the horror that I'm in,
For the good guys, and the bad guys,
For the monsters that I've been.
Three cheers for tyranny,
Unapologetic apathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm coming back again.''- "Tomorrow a bad thing will happen," and Miss Sidley sees something in the reflection on the inside of her glasses-Robert "...changing into something...different."

''The hardest parts
The awful things that I've seen.''- just the whole concept.

if you read teh following you might understand what I mean with this all.

The main character is a middle aged, primary school teacher named Miss Sidley, who has visions that her students are not really humans. This drives her to insanity and mass murder.

The first hints that all is not well is when one student, Robert, when asked to use the word "tomorrow" comes up with the phrase "Tomorrow a bad thing will happen," and Miss Sidley sees something in the reflection on the inside of her glasses-Robert "...changing into something...different." Later, as the class leaves, Robert gives Miss Sidley a strange look, as if to suggest that they shared a secret. Later that night, as she goes to sleep, she sees Robert's face changing, but before she sees what it changes into, she falls asleep.

She makes her excuses and leaves school for a month. When she comes back, she goes on as normal. However, at one point Robert tells her that "there's so many of us now you wouldn't believe it" and neither would anyone else if she told them. The next day, she brings her brother's gun to school, and under the pretense that she will be giving everyone a personal test, takes them one by one into an abandoned mimeograph room, with Robert first. She shows him the gun, and tells him that no one could hear it. He mentions that "there are lots of us, though. Lots more than here", and starts to change. She shoots him, and after a brief battle of conscience over whether or not to continue, kills twelve other students before being found by another teacher.

She is sent to a psychiatric hospital named Juniper Hill , and eventually put on an experimental program where she is slowly re-introduced to "cataclysmically retarded" children. After a while, she asks to be taken away, and the eyes of the children are described as "wide and empty, but somehow deep." That night, she kills herself with a piece of broken glass, and the story ends by describing how the Psychiatrist who was caring for her "began to watch the children more and more. In the end, he was hardly able to keep his eyes off them."

the bold parts are the ones which can be related to otherparts of the song.
im_ok_now93
Killjoy
im_ok_now93
December 28th, 2006 at 12:09pm
its about a guy who is fed up with his life he wants do die so he sleeps as in dies slowly
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
December 30th, 2006 at 11:38pm
demolitionjo:
When Mikey left the Paramour due to depression, Gerard had alot of really terrible nightmares, which inspired this song. He would wake up, and talk about the nightmares into a hand-held recorder thing. Some of the recordings were used in the intro and outro of "Sleep", eg "feels like somebody was gripping my throat"

That's really interesting. I was trying to figure out who that was. It doesn't sound anything like Gerard, but it is distorted, so that's probably why.
Icy_Blues--x
Killjoy
Icy_Blues--x
December 31st, 2006 at 05:38am
I read in the black parade special edition thingy that it was about how Gerard couldn't sleep in the haunted house (paramour) and the recording bit at the beginning of the song it says : 'it felt like someone was gripping my throat and squeezing'.
Gerards own words in the special edition thingy! anyways...that's what I thought it was about. I dunno really.
Icy_Blues--x
Killjoy
Icy_Blues--x
December 31st, 2006 at 05:39am
OOOOH i just remembered....also he had horrible dreams about the peopl he loved dying. I wish he didn't have to put up with things like that Sad AWW i heart Gerard!