question:
Who's voice is in the recording??
Who ever that is, I love his voice!
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 29th, 2007 at 06:26am
^^ the recording at the beginning?
Thats gerard, he's talking about what happened to him when they were making the record.
and i love his voice too :]
famouslastwords_07
Killjoy
famouslastwords_07
June 29th, 2007 at 08:24pm
oh....
It was gerard the whole time??
But it doesn't sound like his voice!
weird....
It's sooo....DEEP...
haha!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 30th, 2007 at 02:42am
^ it was played backward and then forward in a loop so you couldn't really tell. but in away it's obviuse. at the paramount right after Mikey left he wake up with night terrors and to kinda keep record he got a hand held recording device and then after he woke up after having one he'd talk into it about what just happened in the dream. then he wrote sleep with ray and frank (he wrote most of it, they helped though) it was missing something then he put his recordings in but to make it more what was going on in his head (kinda like make it more creepy) he put them in
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
July 27th, 2007 at 01:50am
I kind of saw the song as a suicide note. Just one more person The Patient meets in the Black Parade.

I honestly saw it as a person (probably a guy) who was mistreated as a child, and became very withdrawn and very much a misfit. He probably only had one friend (probably a girl who he actually loved), and "Sleep" is his suicide note to her. He just wants her to forget him and let him go.

Just how I saw it, though. I kind of come up with my own stories to go along with the songs.
PATIENCE
Killjoy
PATIENCE
July 28th, 2007 at 08:43pm
I couldnt care less if this has been posted before but I have a life and cant be assed to through another 14 pages to find out if it has or not.

I think in relation to the Paramore mansion or that place where the guys couldnt sleep.
I think it is Gerard trying to tell who/whatever is haunting-oh i love that word-him just to shut the fuck up and just sleep/ be dead and stop pissing him off becasue during the last minutes of the song he really sounds tired, angry and even sad, when you need the sleep but are too goddamn scared to.

That or hes trying to get of to sleep.

meh Shocked
mitchell davis.
Shotgun Sinner
mitchell davis.
August 5th, 2007 at 05:04am
Its about Gerards night tremors right?
If not Im completely dillusional and should stop talking
And he does sound different in the beginning
X x S L E EP x X
Killjoy
X x S L E EP x X
August 9th, 2007 at 08:04pm
Well..The song Sleep could be about many different things. Its just my opinion. That Sleep is about Gerard and all the crap he's gone through. And how it just wants to get rid of it all.

Or maybe its about therapy....how different story
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:29am
I dont' really know about this one.
Someone telling his lover he doesnt' want to let go of her dreams??
you got me on that one.
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 06:46am
Wonderfully revealing song...
No wonder Mikey had to leave...
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 09:26pm
Oh, the high ideals that all young people have... and then the day they realize it ain't gonna happen...
There is someone very close to the "patient" that doesn't like the direction things are moving in... The "patient", not so unwittingly, has become part of the machine... Not that he is proud of it, because for him, it was simply an unavoidable necessity. For someone else, it was devastating.
"The hardest part is letting go of your dreams" - along with those high ideals...
mrs.mikeyway
Killjoy
mrs.mikeyway
September 13th, 2007 at 10:55pm
i believe this song is about Mikey and Gerard b/c they both has/had night terrors
littlewindmill
Thinking Happy Thoughts
littlewindmill
September 28th, 2007 at 01:25pm
Sleep is about the Iraqi war, the story of a soldier, the things he see's, the tremours he feels all the terrorists, thus the introduction
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
September 29th, 2007 at 12:10am
I always thought it would make a perfect end to the album, instead of Famous Last Words if you interpret it my way. The patient has seen many horrible things that have happenned to people. He realizes he has to die, and tells everyone to kiss him goodbye, because now he doesn't feel so bad about dying.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
October 5th, 2007 at 10:40pm
ever heard of the poem "death be not proud" by john donne?

it's a beautiful poem. Donne wrote it to convince himself and his readers that death is nothing to fear - especially as it was written just after his wife had died. he compares death to sleeping a couple of times, and states that death is meaningless. according to the poet death is nothing more than a peacefull sleep, and instead of fearing the end we should be proud, unashamed and embrace it, cause once we die we'll wake up eternaly and never sleep again.

totally goes with this song.
Morreh the Animal
Joining The Black Parade
Morreh the Animal
October 7th, 2007 at 12:19pm
my favourite song by MCR,
when I saw them live Gee stuck his fingers up during "three cheers for tyranny", it was great. It reminds me of life after mum married my step dad.
Master Of The Wicked
Killjoy
Master Of The Wicked
October 20th, 2007 at 07:35am
SLEEP is my favorite song off of TBP.
the minute i heard it i fell in love with it!
it's amazing, it makes me cry. whenever i think about it i imagine someone dying and accepting the fact that they are no longer here.
that's what it means to me.
i can't get enough of this song!
my_personal_romance
Killjoy
my_personal_romance
October 21st, 2007 at 03:36am
i heard from a interview w/ gerard that he wrote this song cuz when mikey "got sick" he was having nightmares of his loved ones dying nd saw fire....so idk but in the song when you hear "somtimes i see flames and sometimes i see people that i love dying..."so idk but thats wut i heard.
Zzombie
Killjoy
Zzombie
October 26th, 2007 at 04:41pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oio_NcQhdG0

i lov this song..it means alot to me
i dont kno if this was posted before..
they talked about every song of TBP..
<3
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
November 2nd, 2007 at 06:57pm
gerard says he used to have nightmares
really bad night mares he says

'they're not tremors they're worse than tremors
they're they're these terrors'

and he's basically writing about them, i think.