Don't have an account? Create one!

Sleep

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 14th, 2007 at 05:43am
i shot ur goldfish:

omg!!! thankyou sooo much for posting that!!! wow! thats soo cool....*inspired to research Joan of Arc* wow....what else does the book say?!? Smile

Its kinda like about the Black Parade.
It starts off about their last show on the Revenge tour, then goes into them parting ways.
(This is all written by Gerard by the way)
Then they all come back together and talk and then go to the Paramour, it then tells of all the stuff that happens there and the production and freaky stuff that happened. Then comes the making of the costumes, photography, artwork and videos
Then it ends with the first ever TBP show.

It then follows with a spread by Mikey and Bob, then a kinda song-by-song guide by Ray and Frank!
Its awsome! Wow
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 14th, 2007 at 03:20pm
Heh... I have a personal feel with this song cuz it reminds me of the night my girlfriend went back to her home in Illinois after she came out to visit (so what, it's a long distance relationship)...The line "So shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep" reminds me of how she left at like ten o' clock at night and I kissed her before she drove away and how I lay in my bed nearly pouring tears as I thought about all the fun we had...it almost brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear that line...
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 15th, 2007 at 01:23am

^^
Thats soooo sweet!
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 15th, 2007 at 02:41am
Suicidal Reject.:
i shot ur goldfish:

omg!!! thankyou sooo much for posting that!!! wow! thats soo cool....*inspired to research Joan of Arc* wow....what else does the book say?!? Smile

Its kinda like about the Black Parade.
It starts off about their last show on the Revenge tour, then goes into them parting ways.
(This is all written by Gerard by the way)
Then they all come back together and talk and then go to the Paramour, it then tells of all the stuff that happens there and the production and freaky stuff that happened. Then comes the making of the costumes, photography, artwork and videos
Then it ends with the first ever TBP show.

It then follows with a spread by Mikey and Bob, then a kinda song-by-song guide by Ray and Frank!
Its awsome! Wow

OMG!!!! i want one!! lol. but seriously.....=D
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 15th, 2007 at 02:41am
CollisionOfYourKiss:
Heh... I have a personal feel with this song cuz it reminds me of the night my girlfriend went back to her home in Illinois after she came out to visit (so what, it's a long distance relationship)...The line "So shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep" reminds me of how she left at like ten o' clock at night and I kissed her before she drove away and how I lay in my bed nearly pouring tears as I thought about all the fun we had...it almost brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear that line...

awwww!! that is sooo cute!! omg i wish i had a bf like u!
xxxdarkangelxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxdarkangelxxx
May 16th, 2007 at 09:39am
maybe, they wrote the song sleep because they need to get some sleep because of all these "late night tours and concerts" and maybe they are very tired, so they wrote this song and try if it would work...lol
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 16th, 2007 at 11:49am
i shot ur goldfish:
CollisionOfYourKiss:

awwww!! that is sooo cute!! omg i wish i had a bf like u!

Awww, and that's so sweet of you to say that. Really, I'm not the best bf I could be but I try and make myself better for her...Thank you so much for your kind words though^^!
Janel0015
Killjoy
Janel0015
May 17th, 2007 at 03:29pm
hmm i think...
its all about spiderman !!
coz its gonna be part of the spiderman 3 official soundtrack ..
for me its like a uhh i dont really know just its kina connected with spidey...
in spiderman 3 he is sleeping when the symbiote takes over him...

^^_^^
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 17th, 2007 at 03:36pm
Siiigh, yeah, I heard about how it's gonna be a single for Spiderman 3...That's too bad really cuz I always had a personal connection to that song and I feel like it's gonna be oblitterated by this cuz I don't wanna think of Spidey every time I hear it...
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 18th, 2007 at 01:03am
*groan* are you fucking serious? Lord, I love this song; I don't want Spiderman to ruin it for me.

To keep the mods off my back, I do agree with the ppl who said that it's about trying to sort out feelings of guilt and defiance. The chorus is easy enough to understand, but the verses are complicated.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 18th, 2007 at 06:16pm

I feel like at the instrumental part at the end, its kinda like a triumphant feeling, the rest of the song is kinda like he feels pitiful, but then at the end after Gerard finishs the "SLEEEP!!!" Bits, it feels so powerful, triumphment.
But thats just my opinion!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 19th, 2007 at 12:19am
Suicidal Reject.:

I feel like at the instrumental part at the end, its kinda like a triumphant feeling, the rest of the song is kinda like he feels pitiful, but then at the end after Gerard finishs the "SLEEEP!!!" Bits, it feels so powerful, triumphment.

I can see that. Maybe the triumph is that he finally got to sleep? Although at the end, he's screaming, "WAKE UP!"

The whole tune is very dreamlike and sounds both tormented and peaceful, depending on your mood.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 19th, 2007 at 03:58pm
Solitary Style.:
Suicidal Reject.:

I can see that. Maybe the triumph is that he finally got to sleep? Although at the end, he's screaming, "WAKE UP!"

The whole tune is very dreamlike and sounds both tormented and peaceful, depending on your mood.

yeah i agree. its like when people have a problem they need to face or something...this is going to sound really retarted but its almost like going to sleep is an easy escape from it all. and maybe the "wake up" part is like stop feeling bad for yourself, stop running from your problems, and try to do something about them
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:21pm
Not sure i think its about having a hard time and you just want to sleep throught it so you wont have to be there
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:38am

Exactely! LIke in the song he has a problem, more emotional and painful that just wont leave him alone.
Then in the end its like he has conquered it, its like a triumph, a victory cry! I listen to it when Im down because for me it kinda feels like its giving power...
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:56am
Suicidal Reject.:

Exactely! LIke in the song he has a problem, more emotional and painful that just wont leave him alone.
Then in the end its like he has conquered it, its like a triumph, a victory cry! I listen to it when Im down because for me it kinda feels like its giving power...

i know what you mean about the whole power thing, the whole c.d. makes me feel that way for some reason
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:22am
i <3 sleep!!! its gay that its on the spiderman thing =/ pffft!!! bahhh!!!! kinda kills the meaning of the song a little bit though....
BeautyImFakin
Killjoy
BeautyImFakin
May 23rd, 2007 at 02:26pm
Wow after reading some of these. i have a new look on the song.
What i thought it meant was that all he wants to do is to get away from his life. like he has hurt too many people. and all he wants to do is "Sleep" so he doesn't have to feel this way. "Cause i don't feel bad" He just wants away from his problems and doesn't want to face them.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:50pm
I have an interview that explains all the songs except Disappear. Sleep is about Gerard's really intensely bad nightmares he had at the Paramore.
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:08pm
I NEVER KNEW THAT!!! cool. thanks guys