Don't have an account? Create one!

Sleep

AuthorMessage
xImnotokay_trustmex
Killjoy
xImnotokay_trustmex
May 26th, 2007 at 03:57pm
i think it sounds like nightmares about Gerard's drink problem, and he's shocked that people stood by him "And throught it all, how could you cry for me?"
"Some say now Suffer all the children" could be referring to how all his fans were hurt by his problem. "A drink for horror that im in, for the good guys and the bad guys, for the monsters that i've been"- he's not happy with how he used to be, WHAT he used to be, but he's through with it.. but he can't celebrate with a drink/

Well, thats my view.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 27th, 2007 at 09:00am
xImnotokay_trustmex:
i think it sounds like nightmares about Gerard's drink problem, and he's shocked that people stood by him "And throught it all, how could you cry for me?"
"Some say now Suffer all the children" could be referring to how all his fans were hurt by his problem. "A drink for horror that im in, for the good guys and the bad guys, for the monsters that i've been"- he's not happy with how he used to be, WHAT he used to be, but he's through with it.. but he can't celebrate with a drink/

Well, thats my view.

thats cool, i never really thought about that, its good though, and it would make sense. but for some reason i dont think thats the actual root or the main idea of the song you know?? but it could be part of what the song is about. thats what i love about this band, all there songs have so many different meanings, yet its like all the different meanings come together to one basic, main and inportant idea...this is cool though, i would have never thought of it as this. =]
KN!VES
Joining The Black Parade
KN!VES
May 30th, 2007 at 01:58pm
I think it's about the Patient looking back on his life and all the terrible things he's done and noticing that he really doesn't regret them. But he does feel the trauma of actually doing those horrible actions, whatever they might have been. A friend once put it in words : "I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again."
"Don't you breathe for me,
Undeserving of your sympathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did."

These set of lyrics voice multipule, deep, confusing emotions.
"Don't you breathe for me, undeserving of your sympathy" could mean that the Patient feels he isn't worth someone's (Possibly his lover's) time because he's done these actions. But the contridicting lyric "Cause there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did" still means what it says: that he doesn't regret them.

The Patient feels that his actions have made him less worthy, but he only dislikes that his heart and mind lead him to do that action. It's more self-hate than regret.

"And through it all
How could you cry for me?
Cause I don't feel bad about it."

His lover regrets his actions for him, but he's basically saying "Why are you crying? I don't regret it, so you shouldn't either."

"The hardest part is letting go of your dreams."
Since the Patient has been diagnosed with cancer, he can't live out the dreams he had in store, and it's hard for him to live with that.

"A drink for the horror that I'm in,
For the good guys, and the bad guys,"

The Patient has come to a point of acceptance with his actions and possibly others things. He begins again to look back on things and remember everyone he came across, good and bad.

"For the monsters that I've been."
Another lyrics that supports the self-hate theory

"Three cheers for tyranny,
Unapologetic apathy,
Cause there ain't no way that I'm coming back again."

This might be some insight of what the Patient did. "Three cheer for tyranny" could mean that he was manipulative and he used people. "Unapologetic apathy" could mean that he didn't care how the people he used felt, or that he was apathetic towards his actions.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 30th, 2007 at 04:35pm
^^yupp, thats pretty much it right there, good job=] but the song must have something to do with denial or shame or something like that because of the whole beggining part where the person is talking about loved ones dying and such. and sleeping is kind of an easy way to get away from it all and to just relax and forget everything thats troubling you. but i agree with kn!ves all the way! haha isnt that the license plate gerard wanted on like a dream corvette?? anyway nevermind thats off topic. good work Smile
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 31st, 2007 at 09:15pm
this song is very painfull for me to hear, it reminds me of some really awful things i don't want to remember, but at the same time it helps me kind of put a closure on it. i think its about a guy at the hospitol dieing, so the patient and he remembers his lover who left him (i don't love you) she comes back to see him but she doesnt really care about his state of sickness.("unapologetic apathy"Wink and he no longer cares about what happened in the past ("now could you cry for me/i don't feel bad about it"Wink
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
May 31st, 2007 at 09:20pm
I love the start of that song. It's compelling in a way. First time i heard it i was confused but interested.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
June 1st, 2007 at 02:57am
GasolineRainbow:
I love the start of that song. It's compelling in a way. First time i heard it i was confused but interested.

Lol, I don't mean to be offensive, but the first time I heard it, I thought it was a conversation between a normal person, and a midget. Until I listened to the words. The beginning is very intriguing.

I agree with most of the explanations above; however, I don't quite understand the very first lines.

"Some say now suffer all the children
And walk away a savior
Or a madman and polluted
From gutter institutions."

WTF? Some kind of confession, perhaps?
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 1st, 2007 at 06:41am
Solitary Style.:
GasolineRainbow:

Lol, I don't mean to be offensive, but the first time I heard it, I thought it was a conversation between a normal person, and a midget. Until I listened to the words. The beginning is very intriguing.

I agree with most of the explanations above; however, I don't quite understand the very first lines.

And walk away a savior
Or a madman and polluted

LOL. I listened to it again there now and lal i can think is a conversation between a midget lol. damn you. You ruined the song for me Ha Ha
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
June 1st, 2007 at 07:53am
[quote="Solitary Style."]
GasolineRainbow:

And walk away a savior
Or a madman and polluted

Yeah, those lines really throw me. The only way I've made sense of them is by thinking of the patient as a teacher who probably taught inner city kids, and he was pulled into their culture. You know what I mean? I think it may also be a reference to WTTBP, where the patient's father basically tells him to help the underdog. Maybe the patient tried that, but found himself in a bunch of moral, physical, and/or psychological predicaments.
CemetaryDrive93
Killjoy
CemetaryDrive93
June 3rd, 2007 at 01:12pm
[b]On the Dvd the My Chemical Romance Manager says that it is based on the 9/11 bombings as Gerard saw them as he was leaving somewhere on a boat. He was really effected by them and he knew he had to do something with his life...Must of been really hard for Gee to see something as horrible as that.. Crying or Very sad
Whatsername868
Killjoy
Whatsername868
June 3rd, 2007 at 07:26pm
I dont think any song has ever scared me as much as this one. The first time I heard it was in the middle of the night in my bed with my headphones on, and the beginning part where Gerard is talking about nightmares scared the living shit out of me.
Anyway, they said it was inspired by the song "Final Dream" from Dune, and I listened to it and the two songs sound almost identical. Pretty cool, I love the emotion in them.

Edit: Ok to the person above, what the fuck, if you really dont want to tell us then thats fine, but stop being retarded about it. Unless you're being sarcastic. And you stretched out the page which really confused me.
xJUSTxAxSADxSONGx
Killjoy
xJUSTxAxSADxSONGx
June 4th, 2007 at 09:55pm
I always thought until a couple weeks ago that it was Frank at the beginning of Sleep. IDK why, It just always sounded more like him then Gerard to me. But anyways I really love this song, and If I had to guess I'd say that in The Patient's storyline, It really seems like The Patient is talking about the bad and awufl things he did in his lifetime ( "The monsters that I've been" ) and telling someone he loves he doesn't deserve their love and support ( "Undeserving Of Your Sympathy" ) and he's telling them that he's dead/dying and to not be sad and just forget him ( "There is no way that I am coming back again"/"Shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep" )
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
June 6th, 2007 at 07:00pm
i dont get this song , its a grate song ,, but it does not say anything to me ,, if you get me ,, its just sleep,.,
MCRnati
Fabulous Killjoy
MCRnati
June 7th, 2007 at 12:10pm
People have mentioned something about the haunted house in hollywood..the paramour or something like thaT? I actually never heard of this story. Can anyone inform me about this whole haunted house story and about Mikey leaving it and stuff...?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 09:00pm
Solitary Style.:
GasolineRainbow:

And walk away a savior
Or a madman and polluted

i think that the beginging is about how you can chose to help people or have to be helped yourself
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 09:03pm
MCRnati:
People have mentioned something about the haunted house in hollywood..the paramour or something like thaT? I actually never heard of this story. Can anyone inform me about this whole haunted house story and about Mikey leaving it and stuff...?

before and while mcr was making the black parade they moved into a rumored haunted house. scary things happened to them and inspired a couple of songs.
MCRnati
Fabulous Killjoy
MCRnati
June 8th, 2007 at 02:45pm
but Mikey left cuz he was scared or something? what happened with Mikey
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 8th, 2007 at 08:07pm
^he left because he felt to pressured, he was mixing antidepressants and alcohol(like gerard use to) he was having alot of problems and was blaming it on the fact of being in the band and left, gerard was afriad and would have nightmares about him gone, so he started to talk in to a vioce recoder (that was used as the tape recording in it) then gerard wrote Disenchanted to bring mikey back and it worked.
MCRnati
Fabulous Killjoy
MCRnati
June 9th, 2007 at 08:51pm
wasnt it famous last words that brought mikey back? lol
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 9th, 2007 at 09:51pm
^ no, disenchanted, thats why its his favorite song, but famous last words might have helped.