Killjoy
xbloodyxblackxrosesx
April 21st, 2007 at 12:47pm
actually i belive this song is about sleep deprovation that is what gerard said
YoungHearts
Killjoy
YoungHearts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:11pm
GErard said this songs about while they were at the paremour house/ haunted mansion thing. lol. He said it was VERY difficult to go to sleep at night, they always felt like they were being watched, weird things were happening like doors were closing, water randomly running, and mikey kept hearing voices. They wee scared and Gerasrd said this song was about the nightmares (or as he called them "night tremors" becuase they were worse than nightmares) he had while staying there.
xbloodyxblackxrosesx
Killjoy
xbloodyxblackxrosesx
April 21st, 2007 at 09:30pm
Okay I was close lol
kezza596
Killjoy
kezza596
April 23rd, 2007 at 02:42pm
I dunno why, but the first time I ever heard this track, it made me think of the 9/11. Like, some-one wakes up in the rubble not knowing what happened, then sees (someone they love?) in the rubble and thats when it says 'close your eyes and sleep'. Then like, they have flashbacks until they finally remember the attack, watching the planes hit the towers. That's what all the screaming is about.

(And then there's the voice bits where it says things like 'terrorists, sometimes i see flames and other time i see people i love dying' and also 'the tremors' like from when the rubble hit the floor and sent tremors out or some-thing.)

I'm probably waaaaay off, but I can never help but think that's what it is =D
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:52pm
i feel really sorry for Gerard, he was the one having those horrible dreams...

<3 Gerard.. never dream of hell again, i luv u!
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
April 26th, 2007 at 05:18am
kezza596:
I dunno why, but the first time I ever heard this track, it made me think of the 9/11. Like, some-one wakes up in the rubble not knowing what happened, then sees (someone they love?) in the rubble and thats when it says 'close your eyes and sleep'. Then like, they have flashbacks until they finally remember the attack, watching the planes hit the towers. That's what all the screaming is about.

(And then there's the voice bits where it says things like 'terrorists, sometimes i see flames and other time i see people i love dying' and also 'the tremors' like from when the rubble hit the floor and sent tremors out or some-thing.)

wow..... that makes a shitload of sence......
i rekon when it goes "the hardest part, is letting go of your dreams" is like having to wake upp and face reality and like the only hope you have that things will ever get better is in your dreams....
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 26th, 2007 at 01:22pm
[quote="i shot ur goldfish"]
kezza596:

Huh--never thought of that. It's entirely possible, 'cause MCR actually did a song about 9/11--"Skylines and Turnstiles." We all know it made a major impression on Gee, so maybe he had the event in mind when he wrote about his "night terrors."
Give Em Hell Kid
Killjoy
Give Em Hell Kid
April 27th, 2007 at 02:23pm
Its about 9/11 the audio tape at the begganing and end of the song said it all/middle of the song is about the patient passing away
morosentity
Killjoy
morosentity
May 11th, 2007 at 12:15am
I got it!!!!!. There aren't two people at all! It's a conversation with himself. He's attempting to reconcile something bad that he did in his mind, at the same time attempting to convince himself that he's not sorry about it. And also at the same time, he's struggling with something that's killing him, which could be just exhaustion from his conscientious internal conflicts. He's literally telling himself to just give it up and sleep, that it's not worth the worry. And all of this is forcing him to give up his dreams, causing nightmares, and making him admit that he had been a monster in the past! It totally makes sense now, especially the way it falters from anger to regret. Or could I be reading into it too much? Let's hear it! (Hope this all makes sense)
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 11th, 2007 at 01:25am

^^
Yea, hes like recording it, kinda like to keep track of whats happened.
I can make out this....
"There are these terrors
Kinda feels like, seems like someones gripping my throat
Their not like tremors, there worse then tremors... they are like terrors
Like last night,
Kinda feels like, seems like someones gripping my throat....and squeezing
And I feel like someones gripping my throat.........."

Thats the beginning
Then in about the middle it goes -

"Sometimes, they come up in flames and sometimesI see... People I love dying
And its always...."

Then at the end

"Sometimes when I sleep.... I cant... I cant even wake up...."

Then it has a click, kinda like the tape recorders stopped... and then a couple seconds late another faint bang, kinda like Bob putting his drumsticks together.

This is all by ear, so please dont blame me if its wrong! Razz

Edit - Oh and at the end hes kinda screaming WAKE UP heaps of times....
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 11th, 2007 at 01:27am
Give Em Hell Kid:
Its about 9/11 the audio tape at the begganing and end of the song said it all/middle of the song is about the patient passing away

Sorry to kinda be correcting you but it isnt......

Its about how when he was in the paramour he would have trouble getting to sleep and how when he did sleep he had horrible nightmares of people that he cared about dying, sometimes even about Joan of Arc dying.
Then when he woke up, he would feel like someone was strangling him..
You can pick up on some of it in the audio!
Sorry Razz
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 11th, 2007 at 02:28am
^^Joan of Arc? THE Joan of Arc? How very interesting. Where'd you find that out?
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 11th, 2007 at 07:53am
=s whos joan of arc?!?!? =s =s =s lol...
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 11th, 2007 at 07:59am
morosentity:
I got it!!!!!. There aren't two people at all! It's a conversation with himself. He's attempting to reconcile something bad that he did in his mind, at the same time attempting to convince himself that he's not sorry about it. And also at the same time, he's struggling with something that's killing him, which could be just exhaustion from his conscientious internal conflicts. He's literally telling himself to just give it up and sleep, that it's not worth the worry. And all of this is forcing him to give up his dreams, causing nightmares, and making him admit that he had been a monster in the past! It totally makes sense now, especially the way it falters from anger to regret. Or could I be reading into it too much? Let's hear it! (Hope this all makes sense)

i also think that it could be about him not wanting people to feel sorry for him or help him either...like as if its something he has to do on his own ...
but omg! pritti sure u got it!! yay! wow...i wish id thort of that...lol
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 11th, 2007 at 06:44pm
i shot ur goldfish:

Joan of Arc was a French peasant who believed that god was talking to her, telling her to free the French people. She went to the king and got an army, she won many battles but was Captured by the English and burnt alive on the account as they believed she was a witch.
:]

Solitary Style.:
^^Joan of Arc? THE Joan of Arc? How very interesting. Where'd you find that out?

lol! Yea, THE Joan of Arc! The French one! I found it out when I got the limited edition box set, it comes in the booklet, it reads as follows -

"Now right about the darkest days for us, at The Paramour, when all hope seemed to be lost, I had terrible trouble sleeping. Every single night it felt as if someone or something was gripping my throat, squeezing away until my lungs were empty. I would convulse.
My heart was literally stopping. It was horrifying, These werent simply "Night Tremors" but in fact "Night Terrors" [Authors note - check the tape recording
(This was the inspiration for the song "Sleep" ).
It was also about the time that I bacame obsessed for Joan of Arc for some crazy reason.
I almost shaved my head; Im glad I didnt. I bought every movie I could about her and watched them over and over.
The best one was "The Passion Of Joan of Arc." It was silent and intense. I would go for days just locked up in my room staring at this painting called "The March of the Saints" in which Joan of Arc is featured. (This painting bacame the inspiration for the cover of the album and you will also notice Joan of Arc in the artwork.

Occasionally during these convulsions, I would have these 'waking dreams.' Visions, but most likely nightmares that were probably a result of stress and anxiety. In these visions I would see people that I loved dying, or Joan of Arc burning alive, terrible things. [Authors Note - Once again, check the tape recording]
I never slept. I had come across a small page of notes I had kept during the nightmares. One of the things written was this:
"WE ARE ALL JUST A BLACK PARADE"

And then it goes into how they got the storyline etc.

I couldnt find the painting that he was talking about but I did find this
The Passion of Joan of Arc -

Edit - I have been looking for like 20 mins in Wikipedia and Google, I cant understand, I cant find a reference ANYWHERE!!!
Evil or Very Mad
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 12th, 2007 at 02:01am
Wow, thanks for posting that. I had never heard of any correlation between MCR and JofA before. And I couldn't find "March of the Saints," either, although I only looked for five minutes.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 12th, 2007 at 08:20pm

Yea I know, its weird how he finds such intricate and difficult things! XD
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:40pm
Its about 9/11 the audio tape at the begganing and end of the song said it all/middle of the song is about the patient passing away thats what i think it means but i may be wrong
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 14th, 2007 at 04:01am
Suicidal Reject.:
i shot ur goldfish:

Joan of Arc was a French peasant who believed that god was talking to her, telling her to free the French people. She went to the king and got an army, she won many battles but was Captured by the English and burnt alive on the account as they believed she was a witch.
:]

Solitary Style.:

lol! Yea, THE Joan of Arc! The French one! I found it out when I got the limited edition box set, it comes in the booklet, it reads as follows -

"Now right about the darkest days for us, at The Paramour, when all hope seemed to be lost, I had terrible trouble sleeping. Every single night it felt as if someone or something was gripping my throat, squeezing away until my lungs were empty. I would convulse.
My heart was literally stopping. It was horrifying, These werent simply "Night Tremors" but in fact "Night Terrors" [Authors note - check the tape recording
(This was the inspiration for the song "Sleep" ).
It was also about the time that I bacame obsessed for Joan of Arc for some crazy reason.
I almost shaved my head; Im glad I didnt. I bought every movie I could about her and watched them over and over.
The best one was "The Passion Of Joan of Arc." It was silent and intense. I would go for days just locked up in my room staring at this painting called "The March of the Saints" in which Joan of Arc is featured. (This painting bacame the inspiration for the cover of the album and you will also notice Joan of Arc in the artwork.

Occasionally during these convulsions, I would have these 'waking dreams.' Visions, but most likely nightmares that were probably a result of stress and anxiety. In these visions I would see people that I loved dying, or Joan of Arc burning alive, terrible things. [Authors Note - Once again, check the tape recording]
I never slept. I had come across a small page of notes I had kept during the nightmares. One of the things written was this:
"WE ARE ALL JUST A BLACK PARADE"

And then it goes into how they got the storyline etc.

I couldnt find the painting that he was talking about but I did find this
The Passion of Joan of Arc -

Edit - I have been looking for like 20 mins in Wikipedia and Google, I cant understand, I cant find a reference ANYWHERE!!!
Evil or Very Mad

omg!!! thankyou sooo much for posting that!!! wow! thats soo cool....*inspired to research Joan of Arc* wow....what else does the book say?!? Smile
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
May 14th, 2007 at 04:03am
rip my heart out:
Its about 9/11 the audio tape at the begganing and end of the song said it all/middle of the song is about the patient passing away thats what i think it means but i may be wrong

hmmm...random question: in your signature...do u post the bunny or the writting if ur one of the 8% that rockout each day?? lol =D