Don't have an account? Create one!

Sleep

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 26th, 2008 at 01:30am

I just see someone dying and just kind of talking to a family member of partner, telling them goodbye and stuff.
I don't know, I mean it's kinda like his Famous Last Words, but to his family/partner, not to himself....
Do you get what I mean?

XDD
SuG
Killjoy
SuG
April 3rd, 2008 at 02:51pm
It´s my favourite song for album The Black Parade
thesharpestminds
Killjoy
thesharpestminds
April 4th, 2008 at 11:29am
I think it's about Gerard's 9/11 experience. It makes sense.
Bittersweet Spell
Killjoy
Bittersweet Spell
April 5th, 2008 at 06:24pm
This has got to be one of my favorite songs and I can kida of relate. Bu I do think that This song is Based on when they were staying at that mansion place . And it does sound like gerard .
unknown-
Always Born a Crime
unknown-
April 29th, 2008 at 09:05pm
Brian Haner:
I don't know exactly what it is about but I don't play it when I'm alone because Gee talking into the recording tape about something gripping his throat just scares the shit out of me. I don't know why but it always does.

for some weird reason i've got that feeling like three times while i was falling asleep yesterday and i will always wake up and it would scare the shit out of me
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 2nd, 2008 at 02:35pm
to me the song sounds like a person dying and telling himself to 'sleep' (basically die coz he is tired of knowing he is about to die)... if that makes sense and/or telling the others around him either loved ones or doctors to kind of stop helping him to live or holding on to the hope that he will live.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 2nd, 2008 at 06:16pm
Bitchin' Bryar:
When I was trying to figure out the whole story of the Black Parade, I was looking at it like everything after WTTBP wasn't so much the story of the Patient as of the people he met. (Mama is all the soldiers who've died in battle; Teenagers is the kids who died in high school shootings or just couldn't take it anymore and killed themselves; Cancer is about everyone who's died for cancer or some other long-term illness; etc.) So looking at it from that viewpoint, I always thought it was about mental patients.

Yeahhh.

hmm I like that idea, I think that every MCR song and storyline has multiple meanings
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
May 28th, 2008 at 09:54am
it sounds like hes dieing so hes tellin everyone not to worry and just sleep
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
May 31st, 2008 at 05:21pm
gotta love this song... totes believe that place his haunted... one of my faves by them
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
June 27th, 2008 at 11:45am
gee wrote it cause he used to have really bad night tremors
and i dunno mayb its like people say "just shut ur eyes, kiss me goodbye, and a sleep" and by sleeping all the patients troubles will go away for a bit but he has these nightmares about all these thing he cant escape from in his past and these really bad nightmares
thats what i got from it
peeeacee
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
June 28th, 2008 at 03:12am
Its about Gee and Mikeys night terrors at Paramour Mansion.
Mikey was taken away to the hospital after having bad depression and anxiety attacks.
He used to go in gerards room and end up sleeping on the floor he was so scared.
At one point in the song, you hear the robotic voice say something like "I see the death of the ones I love" (dont know exactly what it is, but its along those lines)
and it was talking about how Mikey had gotten bad memories of when their grandmother passed and how their father suffered a nonfatal heart attack.

and no. im no stalker
i got a book for a holiday that had all this info in it
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 29th, 2008 at 04:06pm
I can't believe there's someone in every single frickn thread on here that thinks each song is about bush and the war?! Jeepers some of you Americans just love to hate him don't you?

Anyways, have you guys ever read the poem Death Be Not Proud by John Donne? A WHOLE LOT like Sleep. When I first heard Sleep I was convinced it's about the poem.

( "One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die" )
YourWelcomeForTheVen
Killjoy
YourWelcomeForTheVen
July 1st, 2008 at 03:19am
My opinion: It's about someone's who's recently commited suicide, and he's become a ghost. He looks on his family, and wonders why they grieve his loss. He himself thought his life was worthless and he doesn't regret his desicion. He only feels guilt because he hates that his family is in pain. He wants them all to just sleep and forget about him when they wake up, even though it may be painful at first.
minime
Killjoy
minime
July 1st, 2008 at 12:47pm
i think its about the patient accepting that he's not going to be able to follow his dreams and he is going to hell .he did many things in his past he's not proud of yet he's not srry for it . but in the end he is lost in an infinate sleep lost in his terrible nightmares
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
July 1st, 2008 at 09:12pm
I always thought this song was written by Gerard for Mikey, because Mikey would sometimes wake in the middle of the night because of nightmares and sleep on the floor of Gerard's bedroom. I always thought of this song as a sort of lullaby for Mikey, brother-to-brother; "It's okay, you're gonna be alright."
I always thought the tape deck recordings were Mikey talking about his nightmares, and the rest of the song was Gerard talking to his brother, helping Mikey through it ( "So shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep / Just sleep" ). The lyric The hardest part is letting go of your dreams could be a literal reference to Mikey's nightmares.
Either way this song is beautiful <33.
mcrsaves
Killjoy
mcrsaves
July 9th, 2008 at 12:58pm
I could be completely wrong but this is what i think,
Gerard and all of the band worked really hard on all they did with The Black Parade and sometimes he felt like he just needed to say, "we need a break," but never did.
He was happy he didnt break and kept going and after it was all over he was proud- "Cause theres no way im sorry for what i did."
Later in the song hes talking about how all the touring of TBP and other things were over and he was ready for his break, he could finally settle down and not worry about shows and things- "So shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep. Just sleep."
He was happy it was over, but sad he didnt get to do concerts and interviews and things about TBP anymore because he loved it, but he was doing so much of it.- "The hardest part is letting go of your dreams."
He wont ever tour as hard as he did with TBP.- "cause there is no way that im coming back again."
well thats just what i think.
House_Of_Wolves.
Killjoy
House_Of_Wolves.
July 11th, 2008 at 12:38pm
I've always thought of it to be the Patient (or someone else for that matter) mercy-killing his loved one, to avoid her any more pain. Since he's more telling someone to sleep, rather than sleeping himself. "Just close your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep" to avoid anymore pain. And because he doesn't "feel bad about it", it is saying that he justifies putting his loved one out of her misery, since he himself is already dying. He has to kill his beloved because of all the "terrors" and "tremors" and everything "gripping my throat" in the beginning. I don't know this is just what I thought of it. Embarassed
khatcher_box_101
Killjoy
khatcher_box_101
July 11th, 2008 at 05:20pm
well to what i have just finished reading i understand this song more now. it has been my favorite song, i mean you can fell how these artists feel when they were singing/playing the song. you know i wish i could see them in concert live. i have never been to a rock concert before. Dance these Gui's just know how to rite gold!!!! Clap "go MCR''
Claumcr
Killjoy
Claumcr
July 12th, 2008 at 06:36pm
I think that this song is about someone that did something wrong and everybody is criticising or judging him. and he doesn't feel sorry about it and the only way to escape from that people is by "sleeping". and by "Sleeping" i mean like closing your eyes to those people.
pushups in drag.
Killjoy
pushups in drag.
July 19th, 2008 at 10:59am
this is probably my favourite song of the black parade. it had tough competition from famous last words though Razz
it's just so amazing and beatuiful.
whenever i hear it though, i always just had the feeling of someone just dying, like not holding on, so i figured it was about the patient.
but the story about gerard's night terrors, and mikey's depression just.. wowed me. it made me love them so much more, and i have no idea why.
oh frick, i feel all mychemicalromancyy now if you get me xD
*puts on sleep*