Don't have an account? Create one!

Sleep

AuthorMessage
RedXFullXMoon
Killjoy
RedXFullXMoon
December 5th, 2008 at 10:24am
I always listen to this song. Maybe society at the past assumed him as forgotten rubbish and in some lyrics, he don't want somebody else's pity and affection and he wouldn't his dearest ones suffer because of him. Just a little bit of my thought.
msway3721
Killjoy
msway3721
February 27th, 2009 at 11:10pm
I always thought this song was about sept. 11th... in some countries people who do things like this are considered heros and little children actually look up to them. I know, sad.
"Un-apologetic apathy... there aint no way that im sorry for what i did... savior or a madman"
it sounds like the mentality that a sucide bomber or someone like that would have
msway3721
Killjoy
msway3721
February 27th, 2009 at 11:11pm
I always thought this song was about sept. 11th... in some countries people who do things like this are considered heros and little children actually look up to them. I know, sad.
"Un-apologetic apathy... there aint no way that im sorry for what i did... savior or a madman"
it sounds like the mentality that a sucide bomber or someone like that would have
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 13th, 2009 at 06:33pm
i think its about a soldier or a man killing someone like chilren and how his girlfriend is sympathetic for him but he doesnt want him to be because he is not sorry for what he did, and through everything how she could cry and be worried for him, when he doesnt regret anything, he wants her to just calm down and go to sleep, and although its hard to forget about him, becuase he is not coming back, and he doesnt want her to cry anymore because he doesnt regret anything although he has seen lots of bad things, he wants her to sleep, but then actually realises he wants her to wake up but she cant becuase shes dead
MCRftwChloe
Killjoy
MCRftwChloe
November 8th, 2009 at 03:36pm
There are these things called night terrors, they're like worse than nightmares. You can't wake up, and the worst thing possible is about to happen. I think Gerard had them or something, and how he said he talked about them in the recorder, maybe that's how he got the idea for the fuzzy part in the beginning. And in the song it sounds like he's saying how great it would be just to sleep. =/ *shrugs*
Cave_U_Call_A_Chest
Killjoy
Cave_U_Call_A_Chest
December 18th, 2009 at 01:11am
I read alol the theorys to the meaning but ive been thinking outside the box lately and i think it has 2 do with the illuminati(some other songs lead 2 that conclusion 2)they make him use subliminal messages in his songs and
he knows what he's doing 2 his fans but he has no regrets doing so he let go of his dream look at the second part especially(a drink for the horror that im in for the good guys and the bad guts for the monsters that ive been)And they also use them and they alot in thier lyrics.Who are they refering 2???

or maybe im crazy or maybe not.
Cave_U_Call_A_Chest
Killjoy
Cave_U_Call_A_Chest
December 18th, 2009 at 01:13am
I read alol the theorys to the meaning but ive been thinking outside the box lately and i think it has 2 do with the illuminati(some other songs lead 2 that conclusion 2)they make him use subliminal messages in his songs and
he knows what he's doing 2 his fans but he has no regrets doing so he let go of his dream look at the second part especially(a drink for the horror that im in for the good guys and the bad guts for the monsters that ive been)And they also use them and they alot in thier lyrics.Who are they refering 2???

or maybe im crazy or maybe not.
AvengedRomace
Fabulous Killjoy
AvengedRomace
December 18th, 2009 at 09:52am
KissTheBride:
"They say now suffer all the children"
There is a guy, that is seen as a savior by all the children, but by the adults is seen as a mind breaker and a monster for the children.
"Don't breath for me"
That how the children worship him so much
"How could you cry for me"
That how the childen cry
"for the monsters that I've been"
he never new until now what the adults thought of him
and he says in a sarcastic way how his been a monster
"Cos there ain't no way that I'm sorry for what I did"
Cuze he feels and what all the children tell him is that he saved him so he says to the adults how he thinks he did right

and all the parts about his nightmares are what he tells the children about.

I Agree with you, but could this guy be Gerard? How he has saved all the lifes of all these teen and he thinks he shouldn't be this savior because of all the bad things he has done in his life?

Thats just what I think it is....
ss_mcr-way49
Killjoy
ss_mcr-way49
December 25th, 2009 at 07:36pm
Sleep i think is a song about the world. About tragedy, and stress, and depression and sadness. Sleep reminds me of war, about terror, and fear among the world around us. "Don;t you breathe for me, undeserving of your sympathy. cause there aint no way that im sorry for what i did" this song reflects the order of the world around us- government, the law, bullies, people. The need to "blend" and be an average person, and be in the shadows of darkness and pain. This song i think is where a person has gone through a tough time, fighting with the world- and the world is winning. No money, no pay, no home, no happiness. So he is tired, and sad and feels like the world around him is about to implode! They call him a Madman, a Freak of his own kind, when he might only need a little mercy in this tolling world around him, to forgive him for his "crimes" he says he committed. "Just Sleep, just sleep. The hardest part is letting go of your dreams. A drink to the horror that im in, for the good guys and the bad guys, for the monsters in our beds" so he is in his own personal nightmare of trying to figure out if hes the good guy or the bad guy. "how could you cry for me cause i dont feel bad about it" so the one he loves is crying for him to be together again, but he says "there is no way that im sorry for what i did" which is the mystery of the song... What did he do?
This song reminds me that I choose my own path. I make my OWN decisions. What i do, is what i do.
AllApologies451994
Killjoy
AllApologies451994
December 25th, 2009 at 09:39pm
I agree with ss_mcr-way49, in a way. In my opinion, this is one of the hardest songs to interpret... Because you don't know what's going on. It's a huge mystery, because he's referencing something in the song we don't have a clue what it is. What did he do that was so wrong? To be honest, I thought something like he did something really bad, such as maybe killing someone, and had to go to prison, but didn't wanna tell the person he loved about it. Finally telling that person, they felt really bad for him and started crying and begging them not to go. He told them not to worry; this was the life I chose, and I'm fine with that. Just close your eyes and go to sleep, and soon this will all be over.
for tommorow we die
Killjoy
for tommorow we die
March 26th, 2010 at 01:40pm
well personally i think its about a terrists point of view
Gerardlicious
Killjoy
Gerardlicious
April 23rd, 2010 at 03:00pm
Hmm.. I believe this song is about someone being killed. Hence the beginning of the song: "There are these terrors. And it's like, it feels like as if somebody was gripping my...
There are these terrors. And it's like, it feels like as if somebody was gripping my throat
Like last night, they are not like tremors, they are worse than tremors, there are these terrors
Like last night, they are not like tremors, they are worse than tremors, there are these terrors
And it's like, it feels like as if somebody was gripping my throat and squeezing and
It feels like as if somebody was gripping my throat"

Just my opinion anyway. Razz
Rorschach Test
Jazz Hands
Rorschach Test
February 14th, 2011 at 07:08pm
This is a flashback to the actual moment of death for The Patient. He is utterly exhausted both physically and mentally by the fight to stay alive through both the disease and the treatments for it. He has awful, feverish dreams --"It feels as if someone is gripping my throat"-- and has fears of both his own death and the death of his family and knows that he has no fight left in him. At the end of the song he succumbs to death and "sleeps".
FuckReality.
Killjoy
FuckReality.
July 4th, 2011 at 01:30am
It's definitely about the stay at the Paramore, just saying. It's about Gee's nightmares, the recordings at the beginning are recordings he made when he experienced nightmares. He woke up and spoke into a tape recorder about his night-terror, and incorporated them into the song.

In all due respect, if it's bad enough for Mikey to have to leave the Paramore, I totally respect Gerard for having nightmares, I would too. I would too. Shocked