Don't have an account? Create one!

Meaning of Life

AuthorMessage
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 24th, 2007 at 10:44pm
I believe it's to inspire and be inspired.
Mcrfan7
Killjoy
Mcrfan7
January 25th, 2007 at 05:16pm
Sometimes I think everyone has a purpose, but other times, I wonder if thats true, because I often wonder what my purpose is.

The thing is, the two year old child who just died in a car crash, did he have a purpose, and if so, was it simply to die? Or the women who's husband is about to kill her, is her purpose just that, to die in the hands of her lover?

With some people, it does seem like they have a purpose, like, someone who saved someone eles from getting shot by throwing themselves in the way. I guess there purpose was to save another life, but what about the person(s) who just stood on the sidelines and wacthed as that person was about to get shot? What could there purpose(s) be?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 25th, 2007 at 06:58pm
Mcrfan7:
With some people, it does seem like they have a purpose, like, someone who saved someone eles from getting shot by throwing themselves in the way. I guess there purpose was to save another life, but what about the person(s) who just stood on the sidelines and wacthed as that person was about to get shot? What could there purpose(s) be?

Perhaps their purpose is to bear witness, so that people will know that person who saved the other was a hero. Or to pass along stories of good-will and selflessness, to eventually better mankind.

... Tongue
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 25th, 2007 at 09:24pm
Mcrfan7:
The thing is, the two year old child who just died in a car crash, did he have a purpose, and if so, was it simply to die? Or the women who's husband is about to kill her, is her purpose just that, to die in the hands of her lover?

I think fate can only take us so far. People do have free will.
That two year old child had a purpose, but there was a human error that wasn't calculated for and that's what ended the child's life.
The same with the woman. Her husband's mistakes ended her life.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
January 26th, 2007 at 12:58am

I think that our purpose on this Earth is to live. Nothing we do will matter because we're all going to die anyway. I believe that we're simply here to reproduce. And then our spawns soul purpose is to reproduce. I really believe that thats all.

It doesnt matter if our reason for living is to save someones life, because they will eventually die anyway. And if they do something important with the time they bought, then it doesnt matter because everyone that was affected/remembered will die too.

We will all die.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 26th, 2007 at 01:48pm
^I find that a bit too depressing to believe.
Cap'n Scumbag.
Shotgun Sinner
Cap'n Scumbag.
January 28th, 2007 at 05:27am
druscilla_way:
I believe it's to inspire and be inspired.

i think that is a very good way to look at it.
everywhere you go and even the smallest things you do may inspire someone to take a stand on something else, liek something they believe in
if i am making sense.

i think that we all have a purpose in life but its up to us to find out for ourselves.
i currently have no idea what i am any good for.
we are born and we die.
our cultures and religions will shape who we are.
but i think being inspired and inspiring is such a good line to live by.
alltimelow
Thinking Happy Thoughts
alltimelow
January 28th, 2007 at 06:47am
Sanon!:

I believe that we're simply here to reproduce. And then our spawns soul purpose is to reproduce. I really believe that thats all.

That just about sums up my veiw on it...
But I think thats just the start of it. I think we make our own purpose.
x_Haggii_x
Killjoy
x_Haggii_x
January 30th, 2007 at 04:42am
i dont think i have a purpose in life

i think you should just live your life to the maximum you can
Plain Jayne
Killjoy
Plain Jayne
January 30th, 2007 at 04:44am
This is a tough one....I think that life is just a lucky accident, I don't believe it comes with a pre-assigned meaning. I don't believe in god and who knows what happens when we die but if this is the only chance we get at life, surely the purpose of life is to simply enjoy it and make the most of our time here.
Not sure if this makes much sense, I'm not very good at expressing myself....
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
January 30th, 2007 at 04:51am
I think the meaning with life is not to find the meaning with it.. Sounds geeky, i know. And weird. But i don't think it's ev'rything we should know..
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 30th, 2007 at 06:00am
^ like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. We can't know both the answer and the question.

[/dorky spam]
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
January 30th, 2007 at 06:43pm
I don't think that we will ever know the meaning of life. If we were meant to know we would know but i think that it's a secret that will never be solved.
bleedingjapanese
Killjoy
bleedingjapanese
January 30th, 2007 at 07:39pm
In japanese the word 'saku' means the meaning of life
I think we will never know the true meaning of life until we die, but by then we're dead and couldn't get the secret out
Waysrule
Awake and Unafraid
Waysrule
January 30th, 2007 at 07:58pm
hi person above you know me

but the meaning of life is getting what you want to do acomplishing your goals
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
January 31st, 2007 at 08:29am
The purpose of life is to be or do what will make you happiest. You should be able to look back on your life and say Im proud and glad that I achieved what i did. For example, my dads life goal is to start his own business and make a lot of money. For me its to be able to say i enjoyed the majority of my life and made the most of it socially.
deja entendu.
Salute You in Your Grave
deja entendu.
February 3rd, 2007 at 06:39pm
I believe that there is no meaning of life, we have no purpose other than to reproduce and keep the human race alive. If you think about bacteria, they just multiply and die. We are exactly the same (just a little more complex). We are just more intelligent so decide to make something of the time we have before we die and set ourselves goals. No matter what we chose to do our one purpose will just be to reproduce. I think that everyone should just stop trying to look for a meaning. I don't know whether I'm getting my point across very well, but I hope you get what I mean.
Soda_Warfare
Killjoy
Soda_Warfare
February 3rd, 2007 at 06:47pm
I really don't think our life has a "meaning" to it, like we were put here for a purpose. But since we are here that we should make the best of it, Carpe Diem (Sieze the Day). There's no meaning, we are just here, there's not complicated metahpors and inspirational speeches to explain it. We just are, but life should be enjoyed (within good moral boundries and good judgement).
MCRfan6192
Killjoy
MCRfan6192
February 4th, 2007 at 05:02am
idk, does eveybody have a purpose in life? im sure they do b/c if i wasnt for MLK Jr. we might not be all considered equal. if it wasnt for the Dr that was there for u, u could still be sick. different ppl like that made a BIG difference in the world. if it wasnt for them our world wouldnt be how we kno it today. i think that everybody does have a purpose in life but some ppl think that they might not be "worth anything" so they just sit around doin nothing n life, how could u kno if u how a purpose in life if u've never tried to do anything special with it. if u think that u dont have a purpose in life, go out there and try to make a difference. u never kno, u could probly save a life one day. just try it. u try to make the difference.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
February 26th, 2007 at 03:29pm
Resurgam:
^ like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. We can't know both the answer and the question.
[/dorky spam]

The answer to life, the universe and everything is 42!!!!!! (love those books!)

My thoughts... the meaning of life is different for each of us. I think the ultimate meaning of life is something we shouldn't look for. I don't think it's a one simple answer, I think it's the result of our life from birth until death. What it meant after life was over and we can look back and realize what it meant as a whole. But I also think that the "greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."