Don't have an account? Create one!

Meaning of Life

AuthorMessage
kerosenekiss666
Killjoy
kerosenekiss666
January 12th, 2007 at 01:06pm
I believe life has several meanings.
Our purpose as humans, an animal like any other, is to learn, survive, have babies and die. As plain and bland as it sounds, its true.
But, More and more everyday I begin to believe that all along, for millions of years, our main purpose, is to destroy the Earth. Global warming, pollution, deforestation, extinction. Haven't you seen the signs?? No this is not an act of god, like most think. It is our own wrong doing. And maybe more sooner than later, were gonners.
But spiritually, I think alot of it has to do with karma. I just want to add that, no I do not believe in god or any gods, and i'm not trying to make u agree with me on the matter. I just think wherever we go after we die, god has nothing to do with it.
Whatever we do, and wutever happens to us in our present affects us in a future life. And wutever is happening to us now, is the result of a past life. Our physical bodies may die and dissapear, but our souls are immortal. Through the life of our souls, young or old, ignorant and even the most wise, we must learn new things in each life because there is always, ALWAYS something new to learn.
All we are is here
Joining The Black Parade
All we are is here
January 12th, 2007 at 01:21pm
i think we are here because all animals are here too. We are just advanced than animals. yhm..but still human is animal too.
But in religious way i think we are here cause we shoul learn to live together without war and things kind that. We are growning inside.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 15th, 2007 at 01:21am
I know that this is gonna sound crappy, but the purpose of a person's life is whatever they want it to be.

For example my purpose in life is to find love (not likely to happen though).
But I guess we'll never find out the true purpose of our lives until they'll end.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 15th, 2007 at 09:04am
i always figured that the purpose of life is to have kids. and simply to continue. maybe it sounds stupid...but yeah. to carry on and to evolve.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 15th, 2007 at 07:08pm
frankgoespow:
i always figured that the purpose of life is to have kids. and simply to continue. maybe it sounds stupid...but yeah. to carry on and to evolve.
I agree with you, evolution is one of the things we're living for, but it's not all
Shadows of the Past
Killjoy
Shadows of the Past
January 15th, 2007 at 07:14pm
bloodredruby69:
The straight answer, the harsh truth is that we are here to;
mature, reproduce and die. In that order.
We are only here to further our species, and the same can be said of anything else.

But that is the purpose of existance, not the philosophy of living.

i disagree. I think we are here to live like we would die tomorrow and need to realize that everyone is 'in the same boat', if you get my drift. or we can just go with 42. (see page one) I also think the end of the world/the start of a new one will come when we all realize this, so the meaning of life is finding out why we hate people we haven't even met. And then we must learn to get along.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 15th, 2007 at 07:23pm
Hence why I pointed out that it was the purpose of existance,
not the philosophy of living.

Each creature on this planet has one job;
to futher the existance of its own species.
We are human, we are an animal as well, so our reason is no different.

It's the philosophy that is most interesting, though.
Through philosophy, religion, higher thinking,
humans can come to realize some "purpose" to their life.
That is what allows us, as sentient beings, to continue to live.

That's why I said in my initial post that there was a difference between the two.
I also believe that, if there is a meaning to life, it is unique to each individual.
Xx-Frank-a-licous-xX
Really Not Okay
Xx-Frank-a-licous-xX
January 17th, 2007 at 10:21pm
the purpose of life is to live it to the fullest
not to care what people think of you
to find love or to make new love
to save a life you never know how much you save a person's life when you become their friend
to live every day like it was your last
madame angst
January 18th, 2007 at 12:04am
At first, I thought there was no purpose in life since we're all going to die anybryar, but that was when I was young. [rofl...I'm fourteen.] *cough*

I agree with Ruby on how we're here to mainly keep our species alive.
>.>
<.<
maad larzaza.
Salute You in Your Grave
maad larzaza.
January 18th, 2007 at 05:50pm
I think life is like a never ending circle. We're born, then grow up, then fall in love, and then the fact that everyone seems to be falling in love with everyone these days only ensures us that the human race will be around for a while.
HopelessReject
Jazz Hands
HopelessReject
January 18th, 2007 at 07:14pm
shellie:::
I think life is like a never ending circle. We're born, then grow up, then fall in love, and then the fact that everyone seems to be falling in love with everyone these days only ensures us that the human race will be around for a while.

not everybody is falling in love. Some of us are really upset about right now....
Anyways, i agree with you, the human race will be around for a while. But right now, i don't think all humans are actually humans inside, they're like clones that copy each other...Disgust

(i really like your signature)
maad larzaza.
Salute You in Your Grave
maad larzaza.
January 18th, 2007 at 08:22pm
HopelessReject:
shellie:::

not everybody is falling in love. Some of us are really upset about right now....
Anyways, i agree with you, the human race will be around for a while. But right now, i don't think all humans are actually humans inside, they're like clones that copy each other...Disgust

(i really like your signature)

I know exactly what you mean.

(and thanks.)
x--GiveEmHellKid--x
Fabulous Killjoy
x--GiveEmHellKid--x
January 20th, 2007 at 02:37am
damn I thought I ws gonna b a funny guy nd say 42 but it already been sed..

our meaning in life is too die...
Stacey Soldier
Killjoy
Stacey Soldier
January 20th, 2007 at 10:08am
The purpose of life to me is finding good music and finding the best thing for me Rolling Eyes
knights of cydonia.
Salute You in Your Grave
knights of cydonia.
January 20th, 2007 at 02:56pm
Nobody's meaning of life is to die. I just won't believe that. Yet like somebody said before, we all have different meanings of life. No matter how weird they may sound like.
Somebody said that the meaning of life is to actually live it to the fullest. I agree with that. We're all here to learn, to experience, and then to die. But before we do, there are problems. And there are also answers. Living is mainly trying to find those answers. Nobody lives a perfect life without any tribulations. We're only human.
maad larzaza.
Salute You in Your Grave
maad larzaza.
January 23rd, 2007 at 07:16pm
Disappear_Tonight:
Nobody's meaning of life is to die. I just won't believe that. Yet like somebody said before, we all have different meanings of life. No matter how weird they may sound like.
Somebody said that the meaning of life is to actually live it to the fullest. I agree with that. We're all here to learn, to experience, and then to die. But before we do, there are problems. And there are also answers. Living is mainly trying to find those answers. Nobody lives a perfect life without any tribulations. We're only human.

Yeah, I believe the same thing.
Live life to the fullest, and never give up.
You won't be around forever.
Melpomene
Killjoy
Melpomene
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:59pm
I believe the purpose is and will always be, no matter what religion, fabrication or scientific explaination, to just live. No matter what happens to you, or what you have in your life, ultimately you decide how you live it, what you believe and what you waste your time on earth on. Unless you become an astronaught in which case you will waste it out of this earth somewhere else. Life is about wasting the time you are given the best way you see fit, so why waste it on things that dont matter? I don't think it is really why you were put here and what you were meant to do. It's about believing in yourself and what you want to do. That's why i always dream with my eyes open.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
January 23rd, 2007 at 11:03pm
i think the meaning of life....and this is going to sound really lame.....
is love.......
im hopeless, i know
Insperantial
Killjoy
Insperantial
January 24th, 2007 at 12:12am
meaning of life....
um u live as best as you could, dont comitt suicide obviously (cause u need to live) Making the best of what u have, taking opportunities, and most of all being happy, if your not happy you're not exactly living.
HearTsEdEtS27
Killjoy
HearTsEdEtS27
January 24th, 2007 at 07:57pm
my purpose is to adventure the world and show eople there is more to life then working some job you hate for a low pay for the rest of your life. i believe my purpose is to show the world people dont need things to be happy, all they need is trust and an open mind. thats why me and my friends are going to explore things later to show we lived a great live off of 1 car and a few bux. because i want to live a life worth telling people about, and i want to change some kids life so tyey realize theres more than what they tell you. so yeah thats it haha