Don't have an account? Create one!

Meaning of Life

AuthorMessage
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 12th, 2007 at 03:22pm
I'm severly disgusted at what some people said.
'rock on'
'rich as possible'

The purpose in life is to find your purpose, where you fit in, what you can do for the world.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
July 12th, 2007 at 11:20pm
Well, according to The Matrix the purpose of life is to die... and i guess that makes a bit of sense... we all have to live our lifes to the best way poosible, and try to find a meaning and everything... but in the end we all will die. so what you do before that, is up to you
Bambi
Killjoy
Bambi
July 12th, 2007 at 11:43pm
the purpose of life is to kick ass!

lol, no, seriously, for me the meaning of life is to live happy and do something positive and usefull... its all about the possibility to look back on your life at the end of it and be proud of what uve done =/
and yeah, for me personaly it is also to get immortal, not literally, but i want to be remembered, wich is some kind of immoratlity too...

and of course also to kick ass, wich ive allready mentioned^^
Be Brave Tonight
Killjoy
Be Brave Tonight
June 16th, 2008 at 05:57am
Everyone wants to think that there is a meaning behind life, hence religion.
but if there isnt then we are stuck, whats the point in liveing if your going to die anyway?
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 16th, 2008 at 07:46am
I strongly believe that the so called "meaning of life" cannot be defined. Because at the end of the day, every person's life is different - hence the meaning of it is going to be different from person to person.

IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
June 16th, 2008 at 10:04am
I think life is what ever you make it, and if you make it crap, it will be crap, and if you try to make it good, it mgiht be. Life is hard, and it is really hard to get anywhere that you want to go. But I personally, think that if you keep goign at somethign until you get there, then eventually, you will get there (a la Pulp, who were going for 17 years before they were huge). I don't think that everyone has a purpose, but I would like to think mine would be to make a difference through music. I think that there are things that change how you are, and what you can do, and therefore, no one can have a purpose...
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 16th, 2008 at 02:37pm

Maybe just maybe there is no meaning ?
maybe its just to live life. Maybe its just to live as long as possible and not get yourself killed. maybe when people are confused they like to put meaning into something so they can understand it.

lifes a massive mystery. if you think to much about what your supposed to do you'll never actually go out and do what you want to do.
Pansy Wolf
Fabulous Killjoy
Pansy Wolf
June 16th, 2008 at 03:09pm
I think the meaning of life is whatever the one individual wants it to be.
And what you find out you want it t be.
For me the meaning of life is to be succesfull at my chosen thing (fashion design and making)
its for me to get my dreams to come true, and try and make a difference in certai peoples life.
It's to be individual and do what i want to do.
That's just for me.
If i become rich along the way then so be it.
But either way i'm happy. aslong as i have people i love with me.
Spirited Away
Joining The Black Parade
Spirited Away
June 17th, 2008 at 01:28am
People have a purpose. Why? Because they just have to. If not, then why are we here? Eventually it will all become clear and you will know your purpose in life whether it be to entertain or just to be a bum on the sidewalk (that last one I would rather not have...).
Maybe life is an experience. Once we die and move on something will explain to us what exactly life is and why people even exist...
Asiah Scott
Joining The Black Parade
Asiah Scott
June 18th, 2008 at 10:20am
I just keep thinking about it. Its really tough to say. We all do have a role indeed! Life is just a beginning. There is alot more. We get involved in the sublunary pleasures inspite of being aware of the fact that we have to leave it all. We are greedy, we keep asking for the best although, one day, we have to depart and leave all the things behind.

To me, Life is complicated: an enigma...that is really hard to explain. =(

And I agree with Claudes. Only one thing, we all have a purpose because in one sense or another we all make a huge difference to the world. We might not know but we are.!
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
June 18th, 2008 at 02:36pm
There isn't a purpose. Unless you believe in some form of a God, then how can be have a purpose? Nobody specifically put us here to fulfill any kind of purpose. We're here by accident. We only even think about these things because we developed intelligence through evolution
facepalm.
Jazz Hands
facepalm.
June 18th, 2008 at 03:45pm
I sometimes feel that us humans have completely twisted the world, and that whoever put us here (metaphorically) in the first place made a huge mistake.
But I believe that this obsession with the meaning of life is this natural human need to find a reason for everything. Humans can't live in confusion. It's what I think religion springs out of too, but I'm not gonna talk about that.
Kicking ass isn't the meaning of life, but it's onething that some people feel that they need to do while they're on earth.
And doesn't nearly every human fear being invisible to the world, about no-one caring about them, about never making a big enough difference?
Everyone has their morals, their targets, and their views, and they are all different. For me, I agree with natures way of thinking, that we should just carry on the spiecies. But the reason that were were put here in the first place is NON EXISTANT.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 18th, 2008 at 08:12pm
Just Steph...:
There isn't a purpose. Unless you believe in some form of a God, then how can be have a purpose? Nobody specifically put us here to fulfill any kind of purpose. We're here by accident. We only even think about these things because we developed intelligence through evolution

How does believing in some kind of god make one's life more purposeful then someone who doesn't believe in a god? To me that doesn't make sense.

earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
June 18th, 2008 at 10:29pm
i dont think its as simple as 'everyone has a purpose'.
it also depends on the individual. life can mean whatever you want it to mean and it varies between different people. some people may feel that the most important thing in life is to be rich and successful or to 'win' at life.
i believe that everyone should live life however you want and not according to what society tells you life should mean. if that makes any sense. basically, just do what you wanna do and fuck the rest.

and as for the whole 'science vs religion' thing, i think their both bullshit.
im just going to leave it at that because if i elaborate im going to go on a whole rant about religion and i'll just get totally off topic so i'll stop there.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
June 19th, 2008 at 11:20am
mindfuck.:
Just Steph...:

How does believing in some kind of god make one's life more purposeful then someone who doesn't believe in a god? To me that doesn't make sense.

That's not what i meant but I can see how you thought I did.
I just thought I'd get people saying that God put us here if I'd said that no one put us here, therefore no one put us here for a reason. See what i mean now?
DemolitonLover
Killjoy
DemolitonLover
June 19th, 2008 at 11:32am
i think the purpose in life is to just be yourself. dont try to be someone else or you'll just be ruining your life. i dont know if i have a purpose in this world, i'm just going to live life as it is and if i have any problems i will try and cope, if not 'oh well', my life's already crap
saddestmelody
Killjoy
saddestmelody
June 20th, 2008 at 08:39pm
my purpose in life at the moment is just keeping one of my friend's alive
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 20th, 2008 at 11:25pm
Just Steph...:
mindfuck.:
Just Steph...:

That's not what i meant but I can see how you thought I did.
I just thought I'd get people saying that God put us here if I'd said that no one put us here, therefore no one put us here for a reason. See what i mean now?

Sort of... but if you believe no one put us here, then you can say so. You don't have to change your opinion just to appease religious people Wink
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
June 22nd, 2008 at 12:12pm
It annoys me when people say that theres only one purpose in life and that is to reproduce and then die.
What, so surrogate mothers and gay couples have no purpose in life?
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
June 22nd, 2008 at 04:13pm
I really don't think that it's all just a miracle of nature that humans are here. I definitely think that a higher power put us here. I think everyone has a purpose, but none of us ultimately matter in the grand scheme of things. When we look at people who have changed the world, they've really only changed OUR lives, but we will die relatively soon anyway, and centuries will pass and who will these great people have helped? So, I think our purposes are all interlocked, but do no service to the entire universe, and all other universes out there. I think everyone's purpose is helping people and the difference is in how we were meant to do it.

MY purpose is to help people by loving them and being their friends. I'm a pretty accepting person and I'm a good listener, so that's my conclusion. MCR's purpose is to help people by making music, and so on and so forth.

Those who DON'T fulfill their purpose are they ones that go to hell. But I really don't think that hell is eternal, I think it's until they realize what they did wrong and are truly sorry for it. Maybe it's wrong, through. Maybe that's just me know that (while I try my best to help people) I'm not a particularly good person and I'm making up that theory so that I know I won't be in hell forever, but it helps me get through the day, so I'm alright with it.