Don't have an account? Create one!

Meaning of Life

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 22nd, 2008 at 08:13pm
the greatest coward.:

Those who DON'T fulfill their purpose are they ones that go to hell. But I really don't think that hell is eternal, I think it's until they realize what they did wrong and are truly sorry for it. Maybe it's wrong, through. Maybe that's just me know that (while I try my best to help people) I'm not a particularly good person and I'm making up that theory so that I know I won't be in hell forever, but it helps me get through the day, so I'm alright with it.

Going by your theory, what if someone never realises their true purpose? How would one know what it is? I think it's a bit harsh to say that "those who don't fulfill their purpose go to hell", because some may not realise it. That doesn't make them evil.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
June 22nd, 2008 at 10:46pm
mindfuck.:

Going by your theory, what if someone never realises their true purpose? How would one know what it is? I think it's a bit harsh to say that "those who don't fulfill their purpose go to hell", because some may not realise it. That doesn't make them evil.

Good point... never thought of it that way.

So I guess rather than people who don't find their true purpose going to hell, it's those who go against their purpose. Murderers and overall evil people are the ones that go to hell in my opinion.

I guess my whole theory is faulty but hey, it gets me through the day.
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
June 28th, 2008 at 12:01am
i think that if anyone discovers the meaning of life, or the maening of the universe, it will suddenly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizare than before.
then again maybe this has already happened.

wes hould stop questioning why weare here and just be grateful.
i dont understand and thinking about it freaks me out, but we should all just live our life to its fullest, and maybe we only discover what our meaning was when we have grown old and died.???
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
July 16th, 2008 at 12:07am
I'm unsure about my purpose in life. I think it might just be to be the most caring person I can be for the people I know. I just don't think I'm destined for bigger things. I mean, I don't really see what I could really succeed in to the point where I'm recognized. And I think it's hard to fulfill your higher purpose without being recognized. If I find a higher purpose, I'll do my best to fulfill it. If I don't, I'll just have to try my best to be as good a person as I can and live the way my heros have taught me to live.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 16th, 2008 at 01:11am
I think part of finding the meaning of life is to question why we are here.
And we partially create our own meaning in life, by doing what you believe in and doing what gives you joy. I think that's as good a purpose as any, to find joy in life.
PunkBallet
Killjoy
PunkBallet
July 16th, 2008 at 11:09am
I think, we're just here, to be here. God put us here to have a life before we Eternal life with Him.... That is, if he decides your 'cool kid' enough to go to heaven with Him. lol. Basically we have no other purpose than to keep breathing here, til its over, and we're all taken someplace. Wether it be with Him... or not. lol
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
July 16th, 2008 at 11:32am
Honestly, This is going to sound very preachy but.
There is no meaning of life,

You, the person have to create your meaning, no one is put on this earth with a meaning.

You have to make your purpose, whether its helping others or helping yourself.

Your meaning is what you make it.
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 21st, 2008 at 06:33pm
Okay, so this maybe way out there but I think that you discover or realize your meaning of life when you die.
After you are gone and go to heaven, or hell, you think about what life was like for you. It's like reflecting on your life. You go over the things you've accomplished and the things you regret. They all will show you what your purpose was.
Then, you will got to your afterlife happy [or sad] about the things you have done.
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:19pm
I honestly wonder if there is a supreme being out there. Whether it be God or something else. I do believe that there is some kind of place we go after life. I don't know if it's bad or good. I also don't believe God damns everyone to Hell. I think that you have to do something very terrible to make it there.

I think existentialism is a big thing too. You have the power to do what you want. You have your own head and mind. If you choose to rob a bunch of banks in your lifetime and try to cover it all up and be a good person and regret what you did then I think you'll go to heaven. If you're someone like Richard Ramirez who raped and killed many men and woman while chanting satanic words you're deffinatly going to hell. I don't think anyone's past should reflect on them if they try to be something better.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:35pm
Now, this is my opinion but I think the meaning of life is to fall in love....I can't explain it though because I can't think today but yeah.

I think my purpose in life is to be a good girlfriend, friend and just be there for people...doing this has got me this far...
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:44pm
Scars On Broadway:
I honestly wonder if there is a supreme being out there. Whether it be God or something else. I do believe that there is some kind of place we go after life. I don't know if it's bad or good. I also don't believe God damns everyone to Hell. I think that you have to do something very terrible to make it there.

I think existentialism is a big thing too. You have the power to do what you want. You have your own head and mind. If you choose to rob a bunch of banks in your lifetime and try to cover it all up and be a good person and regret what you did then I think you'll go to heaven. If you're someone like Richard Ramirez who raped and killed many men and woman while chanting satanic words you're deffinatly going to hell. I don't think anyone's past should reflect on them if they try to be something better.

I agree.
I mean you reflect on the good things you did. Like if you won The Nobel Piece Prize, etc.
If you did do something bad like kill many innocent people and stuff, then that's where you will reflect on the bad, and maybe even go to hell.
I don't know.
I think after life is what you want it to be. If you don't want one then you don't have to have one. It's all up to you after you reflect on your past life.
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:44pm
Scars On Broadway:

DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:45pm
Sorry for the extra one above.
My computer freaked out and made another one. :[
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:49pm
DAVEY HAVOK.:
Scars On Broadway:

I agree.
I mean you reflect on the good things you did. Like if you won The Nobel Piece Prize, etc.
If you did do something bad like kill many innocent people and stuff, then that's where you will reflect on the bad, and maybe even go to hell.
I don't know.
I think after life is what you want it to be. If you don't want one then you don't have to have one. It's all up to you after you reflect on your past life.

That's my thoughts too. What you do in your past life shouldn't reflect on you unless you refuse to take it back.
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:55pm
That's very true. I agree.
Shrimp
Killjoy
Shrimp
July 28th, 2008 at 09:08am
i dont think there is a meaning to life, i dont think anyone has a purpose, i think we're just here randomly, no reason, just here and alive.

i hope that made sense
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
July 28th, 2008 at 05:48pm
What, in your opinion right at this moment, is your purpose in life?

I'm actually not sure, I don't think I've discovered it yet, maybe later on in life. But what I'd really like to do is help people, not really like a doctor though, something different.

Do you think every person has a purpose?

I guess every person does have a purpose in life. Maybe only some actually find it inside them or some just keep it hidden and put themselves down about the whole idea or some just haven't found it yet.

What happens if you don't live up to your purpose?

I actually really do not know the answer to that question. Maybe the purpose I thought I had really wasn't for me.
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
July 31st, 2008 at 10:29pm
i believe every person has purpose god has given them. not living up to your purposes, the less you live up to them, the more struggle. my purpose, i don't know. i know, it's sad.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
July 31st, 2008 at 11:18pm
I don't think there is a meaning to life.
I feel like humans need a meaning, but really, the only meanings we go by, what governs us, it's all just artificial constructions we've created. We go to jobs because someone created the idea of a job and it caught on, we find someone to live withand to marry because someone invented the idea of marriage, etc.
I've been thinking for a while about what a world would be like if we could invent whatever, think of something and have it appear or happen. And I think a lot of people wouldn't be able to deal with it because it'd remove that artificial structure and mean we had to figure out for ourselves what we were going to do with our time. We wouldn't be forced to do anything anymore because we could just create it, so we'd have to figure out a new meaning, a meaning for ourselves instead of just an inherited one. Honestly, I find it a very interesting concept, even though it's not gonna happen, but really, I think there isn't a meaning to life and it's just a comforting concept to fall back on.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 1st, 2008 at 06:21pm
Ian, you and I share views on this. I feel that as humans we create our own meaning, but at its core life is given to us all for the same reasons a cat, a snake, a mouse or a fish would have it: to reproduce and further our species. I do not see a problem with giving yourself a further meaning, nor do I have an issue with NOT procreating - it's just why we were stuck here anyway, because someone else did it, and someday, it will be our turn if we choose it. (If not, there are soooo many others who will for us, haha.)