Don't have an account? Create one!

Meaning of Life

AuthorMessage
MCRMY53
Killjoy
MCRMY53
November 21st, 2008 at 01:54am
the meaning of life is simple. think about it. what is the one thing that keeps you from insanity or suicide. a hug can separate life from death. a human being needs companionship and a feeling of being need and an important part of society some how. without human interaction or belonging, every one would eventualy kill themself. i'm not talking about procreation. i'm saying, even EMOs need a hug. don't make outsiders and discriminate. make every one feel that they are needed, nomater how bad their social status or situation is.

hug an EMO
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
November 26th, 2008 at 08:33am
I don't think there is a meaning to life. there might be, but i don't really get caught up in this kinda thing. i dont have a religion, or believe in god either. i think it would be interesting if there was a meaning for life, but honestly, we're born, we live and we die, and to me, that's all there is to it atm. sorry i'm so blunt.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
November 26th, 2008 at 04:06pm
i think someones purpose in life is to make the best of it
cause you only get one shot
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
November 26th, 2008 at 06:53pm
being Christian and all,I believe God gave you a reason for existance and you'll find it as you go on in life.
Bella Muerte!
Really Not Okay
Bella Muerte!
November 26th, 2008 at 07:50pm
^^ i belive but not in the religious way
MCR_Charlie
Killjoy
MCR_Charlie
February 15th, 2010 at 11:14am
bloodredruby69:
The straight answer, the harsh truth is that we are here to;
mature, reproduce and die. In that order.
We are only here to further our species, and the same can be said of anything else.

But that is the purpose of existance, not the philosophy of living.

I agree with this quote, the point of human life is to stop our species from dying out, as it would if we stopped reproducing.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
February 16th, 2010 at 11:52am
I can't see that our only purpose as humans is to reproduce. Does that mean that infertile people have no purpose on the earth?
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
February 16th, 2010 at 05:05pm
My purpose in life is to love God and enjoy him forever.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 16th, 2010 at 05:19pm
Ugh, not me. I'd prefer if you didn't tell me what my meaning is in life. :/
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
February 18th, 2010 at 05:47pm
Sorry I worded my post wrong. I was talking more about myself, but Im used to saying it that way because its a part of my school's catachism Smile I'll change it to "my".
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 18th, 2010 at 11:18pm
Ahh, got it. Your post now sound so much better and more fulfilling - and it brings to light that perhaps our meanings in life can be individual, and that if we try a little harder, we might live a better life as long as we find meaning in it.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
February 18th, 2010 at 11:54pm
i dont really think there is a meaning tbh.
Lifes a game.
Your born,you live,you work,you sleep,you eat,you drink,you cry,you laugh,you die.
I just think we're here to either pass the time or fill space.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 19th, 2010 at 09:55pm
I think there is a purpose to life, and I think it has to do with love. But sometimes it just seems so pointless, so I'm not really sure. But it's probably to love each other and make the best before you go. Or something with God. Or both.
Break Me Down
Fabulous Killjoy
Break Me Down
February 25th, 2010 at 06:47pm
The meaning of life...It's like one of those "why not?" things. I mean, it's not that we're here just to die. We're here to kick some ass, we're here to prove our point. In my religious opinion, God wants love, so He created perfect love. He created creatures to love Him, for Him to love. Life is just your first chance.
ChemicalKisses
Killjoy
ChemicalKisses
March 11th, 2010 at 09:02pm
To put my belief most simply, I think that it's our job as humans to recognize the complexity of others.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 11th, 2010 at 09:46pm
MCRMY53:
i'm saying, even EMOs need a hug.

hug an EMO

Can I just say, that is probably the most ridiculous thing I have heard on this thread. I don't even know why you'd bring that nonsense into a real discussion on this topic.
SweetMe
Killjoy
SweetMe
March 12th, 2010 at 04:57am
Names are stupid!:
My purpose is to appreciate good music or write books i haven't decided yet
Hm...The thing is, why not die now if you are gonna die anyway.
I thought about it the other day and hm... the purpose , well the purpose is to live and die XP

I don't make sence do i? ;D
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 12th, 2010 at 06:36am
SweetMe:
Hm...The thing is, why not die now if you are gonna die anyway.
I thought about it the other day and hm... the purpose , well the purpose is to live and die XP

I don't make sence do i? ;D

wow... quadruple post?

Well if you're looking at it as a purely biological sense, it does.
We live to procreate and die. That's it.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
March 29th, 2010 at 10:13am
I guess, for me, there is meaning to life, but there is no ONE meaning to life that is a standard meant to be applicable to everyone, or abided by.
To me, life is what you make of it, and it is your own choice what meaning you put into it, or if you choose to at all.
Life can be a noun or a purpose - I suppose it all just depends on what you think of it.
But in a total, there is no specific, singular meaning.

I hope that made sense.
Nova Cara Do Mal
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Nova Cara Do Mal
March 30th, 2010 at 09:07am
THE MEANING OF LIFE IS MEEEEEEEE!!

No im joking, the meaning of life to me is to live a life of either sin, wealth, happiness or loneliness but still trying to achieve you set goals in life getting through everyday battles with the would, and the watching everyone who doubted you eat there own words are you become more successful or happier then they are. Yes