March 16th, 2007 at 01:02pm
i think were here to die
but make an impact before its to late
and to not be afraid to take risks
We All Fall Down
Fabulous Killjoy
We All Fall Down
March 16th, 2007 at 08:45pm
I believe the meaning of life is to make other people's lives better. To love, to try to be a good person, make mistakes and learn from them. To impact other people's lives in a positive way, and live life the best you can.
Humor Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Humor Me
March 16th, 2007 at 08:51pm
i believe its a test to see if you are right to get into heaven or to go to hell ......to see if you can handle problems like love and loss. to see if u can conqure what u can and try to conqure what u cant. to see if u give up ......or if your not afraid to kep on living. its all a test that god makes us take and a pain in the ass but its probably out it in the end.............
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
March 17th, 2007 at 12:08am
Roz!:
I believe the meaning of life is to make other people's lives better. To love, to try to be a good person, make mistakes and learn from them. To impact other people's lives in a positive way, and live life the best you can.

Yes, make it better for future generations and be an example for people.
ireful
Killjoy
ireful
March 17th, 2007 at 11:33am
technically speaking none of could REALLY be here for a porpose, i mean we only think we do because humans have developed emotions through evolution. it would be nice (i guess) to believe i had a purpose, but i dont, but maybe i say that because im a fucking loser and hate life in general, i have little friends, i get bullied and tesed at school and im usually the only person i will talk to. oh well i guess life is really kinda of pointless well watever. i guess it doesnt matter wat i think, i mean people wont go start killing themselves just becuase of my pessimistict opinion on life, i wish people would though
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 17th, 2007 at 01:24pm
Life is just a complicated count down to death. We have no true purpose, but some people want to make a difference before they die. The sad thing is, not many people actually do.
Its just a never ending cycle; live, reproduce, die.
Bert McCookies
Fabulous Killjoy
Bert McCookies
March 17th, 2007 at 10:54pm
jedicam10:
No one wants to be remembered a bad person....NO ONE.

i dont mean to be mean but how can you say that no one wants to be remebered as a bad person when they do stuff like killing their own kids or thier spouses if you dont want to be rembered as a bad person then why would you do that?
off topic i know but it is sorta the meaning of life...how you want to be remembered when you die
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
March 17th, 2007 at 11:22pm
This debate will never find a resolve, because there are just way too many definitions of 'the purpose of life'. If I were to take it philosophically/in the religious context, I would say that the purpose of life, here on earth anyway, is a test to determine our place after we leave the physical realm.

Hence based on that interpretation, the purpose of life, (in my opinion) would be to make mistakes. It is what we do after that makes the difference. And I believe that secularity gets no one anywhere; we'll all need to help each other out in the process/ learn from each other.
Much as our primary purpose is to reproduce, I'm sure that there's a higher meaning to life rather than genetics.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 20th, 2007 at 04:43pm
I have many ideas about the purpose of life, why we're here etc... I like the idea of a simple thing you do affects someone else in a big way.
One of my favourite books has a very interesting concept. 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' - Mitch Albom.
Basically, in the book, when you die, you meet 5 people who explain your life and why you were alive. And these 5 people could be strangers or the closest people to you.
For example,the first person the main character meets is a complete stranger. The man shows the character when he was 7. His ball went into the road and his 7 year old self ran after it, making a car brake and swerve. It misses him, but the driver is so shaken by the near miss that his heart never calms down, and he dies of a heart attack. So the character was an indirect cause of the stranger's death. And his lesson was that 'everything happens for a reason'.

The whole thing raises an interesting idea. But I won't spoil it for anyone. Smile
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
March 20th, 2007 at 06:45pm
ok well mine is to love my girl friend i know it sound a bit silly but i love her so much and my purpose in life at this moment is to make her as happy as possible no matter what it does for me.
in order to do that i need to be as honest and truthfull as possible and look after her as best i can and i hope she treats me with the same respect as i do to her now.
i use to not be that truthull with her now i am and i am happier now then i ever was and my hiccups make her giggle hehehe*hiccups*
xodemolition-loverox
Killjoy
xodemolition-loverox
March 24th, 2007 at 11:00am
life is like a test kind of are you good or bad a sinner or a saint when judgement day comes (death) it will be decided if you go to heaven that is when your life begins
anna's just a kid.
In The Murder Scene
anna's just a kid.
March 24th, 2007 at 11:08am
I don't really believe that people are on Earth for certain reasons. Some people might hate me for saying that, but I sorta believe that we weren't put on earth to serve some greater purpose.
Although at times some people are truly remarkable and appear that they are on Earth to make people believe something, or make people happy.

It all depends on how you choose to live your life. If you want your life to mean something, you have to make it that way. You weren't just born to mean something. Everyone starts out equal at birth, but from there, some people just choose to take their lives further than others.
ellea_dawn
Killjoy
ellea_dawn
March 24th, 2007 at 01:40pm
The purpose of our lives is to believe we have a purpose. Because the second we stop believing, we lose hope and become an encasement of meaningless existence.

That's why suicide is so popular.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 24th, 2007 at 03:30pm
People aren't here just to help eachother with eachother's problems they are here to live with their own...and once they've done that they're okay.

Once you accept the fact that death isn't a bad thing, once you accept the fact that NOTHING lasts forever, once you know that you might not have a 'soul mate'...

Many people realize that but don't at the same time, ya know? That's why many people committ suicide...

They don't get it.

So I totally agree with ellea_dawn

ellea_dawn:
The purpose of our lives is to believe we have a purpose. Because the second we stop believing, we lose hope and become an encasement of meaningless existence.

That's why suicide is so popular.
sou kanarazu atta
Banned
sou kanarazu atta
March 24th, 2007 at 08:00pm
I belivie the meaning of life is simply to live without the worries of what is after death or when it will come or if you have the right decsions or not.
Murder Magician
Salute You in Your Grave
Murder Magician
March 24th, 2007 at 10:53pm
myxicyxblues:
i think were here to die
but make an impact before its to late
and to not be afraid to take risks

That is exactly what I think.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:43pm
It has always been survival of the fittest. But we don't know much about this stuff...we can only guess, I suppose we will never quite know. Maybe have an idea, but the truth is hidden somewhere in the universe, and us lazy humans probably won't find it.
nmcl
Killjoy
nmcl
April 5th, 2007 at 06:08am
i say wer all gonna turn into monkeys again.
lol.
Hang 'Me High
Killjoy
Hang 'Me High
April 5th, 2007 at 09:43am
I'd say the meaning of life is for the experience. There's no point in living slowly, my motto has alwyas been Live Young, Die Fast. Life is nothing like a game, or a dream or whatever, I think it's better to experience everything once, never miss a good opportunity and most important of all, make an impact before it's too late.
Adolescent Suicide
Jazz Hands
Adolescent Suicide
April 5th, 2007 at 03:34pm
i don't know....
I'm sent here to make people feel better... I take their pain away... :/
that is my purpose on this planet.... but my life actually doesn't have any meaning... XD it's weird to think about... I actually don't care about the meaning of my life as long I'm alive! ^^