Don't have an account? Create one!

Does liking this band affect your life?

AuthorMessage
One More Black Day
Fabulous Killjoy
One More Black Day
April 14th, 2008 at 10:19pm
mcr affects every aspect of my life positively i think

my boyfriend dumped me and part of the reason was my obsession with them. but now i'm a lot happier because he's not controlling what i listen to or talk about. i wouldn't have seen it if not for mcr, and would probably still be in that miserable relationship
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
April 15th, 2008 at 03:17am
Ahaha. Only because of the kind of person I am. If I didn't focus so much on just one or two things at a time, I'd get a lot more stuff done... but nooo.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 15th, 2008 at 12:25pm

Being honest, liking them doesn't affect my life in any way other than musical influence.

Of course, I like them a lot but, to me, they are just my taste. I rarely discuss bands I like on the whole unless I've come back from a gig and it's not really an issue if someone I like doesn't like My Chemical Romance.

HOWEVER, I dislike it when people say they are promoting self-harm etc. because that's not what they are doing, at all. They are making music for themselves and others. That's the be all and end all of it.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
April 15th, 2008 at 01:20pm
Yes in a way, because I am perfectionist and when I like something, I like to know EVERYTHING about it. Also, I'd probably get alot more work done if I wasn't on this site all the freakin' time.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
April 17th, 2008 at 03:34pm
YES.
i can relate to them and its made me feel better about myself and they've also shown me who i am and not to be ashamed of it.
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
April 17th, 2008 at 05:03pm
Yes. They made me realise what it is to live without caring what everyone else thinks about me. I think they effected me in a very positive way. And like other people have said, you do get labelled emo or whatever, but at the end of the day it's about the music and the way in which My Chemical Romance have influenced me through the way they live their lives. Their great role-models, I'm proud that they've effected my life in such a way x]
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
April 17th, 2008 at 06:34pm
I think they have, yes. Maybe not as much as other bands i listen to, but MCR has effected me in both music taste and choices. If somebody says i can't make it, instead of crying about it, I set out to prove them wrong. Thats one lesson I learnt from Mr Gee Way.
SicTransitGloria
Bleeding on the Floor
SicTransitGloria
April 18th, 2008 at 11:48am
On the one hand I became the Freaky MCR Girl for a while. People still liked me, but my parents worried.

On the other, whether I'd discovered MCR or not, I would have got depressed anyway. It's just who I am.

Listening to them helped me through so much of my sadness. It's also taught me to stand up for myself and be who I want to. The band mean so much to me, they're like family.
I owe them so much of my life.

Now, because of them, and all the people on this site with their lovely fanfics and poetry - I am a strong, happy individual who knows who she really is and doesn't need to change.
I have lots of friends. I haven't cried in months. I feel satisfied and I enjoy my life for what it is.
I know that I want to make a difference.

So, I guess...

Yes.
John Wayne
Fabulous Killjoy
John Wayne
April 18th, 2008 at 12:36pm
Yeah because now everything I look at looks reminds me of something MCR-related.
Nah, I'm just kidding.
Not everything.
Wake The Sun.
Killjoy
Wake The Sun.
April 18th, 2008 at 03:46pm
This band affects almost every aspect of my life now. If it wasn't for My Chem, I wouldn't be the person I am today, I wouldn't like the things I do, or believe in and stand up for the things I do now.

They've affected my life in a very, very big way and in a very positive way. They're are so many things I cherish in my life now that wouldn't exist if I had never started listening to My Chem.

I seriously consider discovering My Chem the best thing that's ever happened to me.
Demolition Lover 85
Killjoy
Demolition Lover 85
April 18th, 2008 at 03:51pm
Yeah they have affeacted my life. They are the only band I ever listen to anymore. People think I'm really wierd for likeing them. My mother heard the song "mama" the other day and gave me the damnest look. LOL. My sister talk shit all the time about them. But you know what? Fuck anyone who doesn't like MCR. J/K. I don't care what anyone says anymore. The music make me feel good and that's all that really matters.
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 20th, 2008 at 07:38am
mcr has changed my life for sure, lots of peopke hate me and a re scared of me but i dont care because MCR is what i am passionate about and that wont change.
frank'smyhero_22
Jazz Hands
frank'smyhero_22
October 27th, 2008 at 10:34am
yes... I began to be more rocker than ever...
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
Motor Baby
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
November 9th, 2008 at 05:20pm
Hmm...
YES!

Way. Like to the point of over-affecting.
ahah. I just said way. AHAHA
See? That's how far it's gotten.
mcr_freak33
Killjoy
mcr_freak33
November 10th, 2008 at 10:07pm
YES IT HAS!! in a good way though..... for instance right now im suppose to be studying but instead im on here and looking up song lyrics.. adn i ve have gotten in fights with people and my mom cuase she says gerards name wrong or says he looks funny.... and during school i cant concentrate cuz im too busy writing song titles.. lol i sill love these guys to death!!!
nokthx
Killjoy
nokthx
November 10th, 2008 at 10:58pm
Oh my BOB, they have affected me in so many w*ys. (<-- Like that.)

- I've lost friends, I've gained them. It's helped me weed out the people I'm better off not being around.
- I had an entire fight with my table last year about it, and they ended up kicking me. And I told them, "If you can't accept my band, you can't accept me. I hope you know you've disrespected all of us." I sat by myself for like, a month. Then they removed somebody else, and asked me back in.
- I have an amazing best friend that I don't think I could have survived this year without.
- I have converted SO MANY people. If you become my friend, watch it. You'll change. Fast.
- I made my dad fear for my sanity. He threatened to have me psychologically tested. But then he apologized later. =))))
- I've discovered myself. There's kind of a blurry line between Before and After, and Before I cannot remember hardly for the life of me. I guess because my subconscious doesn't want to remember. Therefore, I cannot remember exactly the day I discovered them, and the day they started to change me. Because it happened without my knowing.
- They've made me believe in so many things, they've opened so many doors for me, and they made me stronger.
- I now know what I want to do: I want to be an inspiration. I want to show people the light, make them squirm, give them strength, help them believe in themselves, and provide them with many hours of entertainment when there isn't an MCR around to do it.
- They've heightened my standards. Every guy I meet I compare to Gerard/the guys in some form or another, and none of them have come close. I think they're saving me a lot of heartbreak in the end with this one. (Although, girls aren't off-limits.)
- I make 4893894x references to them. EVERYTHING gets wound back into an MCR conversation. It will happen.
- I replace curse words with their names. (Mikey Franker, Geesus Krista, Oh My Bob, What the Frank.... You're Raytarded.)
- I've been challenged in so many ways because of them. I've been called names..... I can't remember. o_o;
- There's a billion. I could go on and on.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
November 10th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Welll...it effects in all ways. People get tired of me constantly talking about anything MCR related, but they keep me going, the lyrics give me snappy things to say, and I can have nice inside jokes with my friends about them. Such as "Kindersex FTW!"

But I could get more accomplished if I wasn't so busy on INO and photobucket looking for pictures of them to put in the media thread XP...but I"m glad I like them, I need something to keep my mind busy right now..going through hard times and they make me feel better.

So being obsessed with them is a good and positive thing. XD
ElenaMCR
Killjoy
ElenaMCR
November 11th, 2008 at 08:46am
MCR changed my life for sure. Acctually the saved my life. These people hold a special place in my heart. I will alwas stick with them. They r my inspiration. Sometimes I find myself talking to a MCR poster X) It's crazy but it's true. I'm totally addicted. I love u guys more than anything!!!
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
November 11th, 2008 at 04:39pm
fuck yeah it has

i mean i've lost friends, i've gained friends
it's strengthed the relationship i have with my mom
and it killed the shaky relationship i had with my father
i's opened my eyes to so many things
they've taught me so much about life
i now what i want to do before i die, i want to make a mark, i want to change people's lives, i want to play guitar (but my parents won't get me lessons, i'm working on that)
there are so many other things i could say, like i could go on and on and on, but those are the major ones i think
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vampire kitteh :3
November 11th, 2008 at 09:03pm
Eric Cartman:
yes.
I love My Chem. that's it.
It comes to the point where I can't even concentrate in anything else, they are on my mind all the time. I cry each night when I go to bed because of them.
I thank them everyday and I love them and always will. It's not just about the music anymore, it's about who they are, the amazing people they. They are not just another band I like, they are my friends. and they are very good friends. I feel good (and sad) and I listen to their music or watch an interview with them.

Specially Gerard, he was there when no one else was.

most people are like, "WTF? their just a band, you're fucking stupid, it's pathetic"
But there is nothing I can do about those people, if me loving MCR is stupid and pathetic I guess I am just gonna have to live with that fact I'm stupid and pathetic. All I know is that I love MCR and that they changed my life, in a good and in a bad way, but still did, so thank you, My Chemical Romance

scary how accurate that was.

and yes, i am still depressed. but mcr gets me through that, and though i do still think about (my) death a lot, im not exactly suicidal. i don't self harm any more either. now im proud of who i am, and i don't want to change. i live by their inspiring words, and don't take anyone's shit. i don't really stand up for myself, because i don't know how. i'd probably look like an idiot. but i don't let it get to me. the dirty looks and names don't bother me like they used to.