February 25th, 2007 at 04:01pm
oops, double post Smile
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
February 25th, 2007 at 04:03pm
Frankie Is My Iero:
I'm left-handed.:
It totally affects my life. And I'm sure it affects everyone's lives on INO.

MCR makes people like me. It makes people hate me. MCR has changed my life both ways- for better and for worse.

But mostly better. The bad things, like people calling me emo and thinking me weird, I can totally handle. I can even handle my parents thinking I'm some kind of goth princess.

But the good things- I'm so thankful for them. I've realised that I have to be true to my heart and not take anything from anyone. I've learnt to be myself and not care what anyone else thinks.

i totally agree. that is basically the exact same for me, Smile
So yes, this band has affected my life. And I'm totally happy about that.

Yeah. Exactly the same for me, couldn't have said it better.
Waysrule
Awake and Unafraid
Waysrule
February 25th, 2007 at 04:06pm
hell yeah
they didn't saved it
they changed it for the better
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
March 2nd, 2007 at 01:54pm
Tamar:
yes.
I love My Chem. that's it.
It comes to the point where I can't even concentrate in anything else, they are on my mind all the time. I cry each night when I go to bed because of them.
I thank them everyday and I love them and always will. It's not just about the music anymore, it's about who they are, the amazing people they. They are not just another band I like, they are my friends. and they are very good friends. I feel good (and sad) and I listen to their music or watch an interview with them.

Specially Gerard, he was there when no one else was.

most people are like, "WTF? their just a band, you're fucking stupid, it's pathetic"
But there is nothing I can do about those people, if me loving MCR is stupid and pathetic I guess I am just gonna have to live with that fact I'm stupid and pathetic. All I know is that I love MCR and that they changed my life, in a good and in a bad way, but still did, so thank you, My Chemical Romance

[I sound pretty...retarded]

You don't sound retarded. That's actually pretty cool. I'm glad someone feels that way, I'm glad that they're doing that for people. Really neat.
xOurLadyOfSorrowsx
Killjoy
xOurLadyOfSorrowsx
March 13th, 2007 at 07:53pm
I cannot even say how much it has affected mine. everyone in my school are MCR haters. and i come to school with an mcr messanger back a mcr belt an mcr sweatshirt and anmcr tee shirt and i get so much critism. but i could care less because i friggen llove them so much. i guess people dont understand. i just cant see my life without mcr. its like they understand.
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
March 13th, 2007 at 09:23pm
Lunacy.:

They have done a hell of a lot for me, that is all I can say cos words won’t be able to sum it up.

Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
March 13th, 2007 at 09:51pm
MCR has shown be it's ok to be yourself..To stand up for yourself & not let anyone push you around...
That is a lesson I'll remember for the rest of my life..
I know it's oversaid & corny & what not..but MCR really did change my life..In both good ways (I no longer change from MCR when my friends come near me b/c I don't care what they think of the music) & bad ways (I don't take shit from as many ppl which pisses off a lot of ppl..but that's not bad is it?)..
I only wish I had the chance to thank them...
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 13th, 2007 at 10:07pm
this band definetly affects my life. if mcr weren't around, i wouldn't have a favorite band, i'd most likely be cutting or something. honestly, i cant even remember what i used to listen to before i started listening to my chemical romance. the lryics are deep and actually have meaning and everytime i forget what the point to life is, i look up at the poster on my wall and say "oh, i remember now."
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 14th, 2007 at 12:09am
Ladysaw731:
MCR has shown be it's ok to be yourself..To stand up for yourself & not let anyone push you around...
That is a lesson I'll remember for the rest of my life..
I know it's oversaid & corny & what not..but MCR really did change my life..In both good ways (I no longer change from MCR when my friends come near me b/c I don't care what they think of the music) & bad ways (I don't take shit from as many ppl which pisses off a lot of ppl..but that's not bad is it?)..
I only wish I had the chance to thank them...

I agree. I was trying the whole “be yourself” thing at the time I was discovering them, but without anyone really helping or encouraging you, it’s hard. I was so confused because I wanted to do what I want, be what I want, but at the same time I was scared of any complication that came with it.

After really getting into MCR’s music, after listening to what Gerard had to say, I thought, “Shit, I want the complications. I want myself, not them, but me. Thanks Gerard, you’re right.”

Which opened doors to so many new doors, significantly broadened my mind, enlightened me in so many ways, gave courage, etc—I can’t possibly list them all. All I can say is, they’ve helped me to where I am now, and I am very happy and proud of the way I am.

On the bad side, senioritis + sudden surge of obsession = horribly dropping grades and teachers threatening to rescind recommendation. 9_9
And...I also am more prone to get into arguements and fights than before. My mom was telling me I've become more hostile lately. >_>
Filth In The Beauty
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Filth In The Beauty
March 14th, 2007 at 01:32am
Im so happy you guys get it...most people would be like ZOOMMGGG I WANNA SCREW GERARD OMG OMG...im glad you guys get it and that they have had this impact on you...like they have with me.

Loving this band if anything always affects my life...I have to listen to them the minute I get up in the morning just so I can be in a happy place ha...I know that sounds sad...but the music does keep me sane...it keeps me going everyday.My family if anything they all love My Chemical Romance...my mother,father,aunts,uncles,cousins,and sister all LOVE MCR.SHOOT its gonna be a family affair over here when they come in April.

It warms my heart to here all these amazing stories of how this BAND has changed everyones lives...in more ways than one.They're gonna be forever remembered.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
March 14th, 2007 at 04:49pm
they make me feel happy when im sad.
when the world is shit, you can listen to them and feel really optimistic about situations.
also the fact that you dont take anyone's shit!!
xx
love those dudes!!
xx
Zombiefied
Fabulous Killjoy
Zombiefied
March 14th, 2007 at 04:51pm
It affects me because i can't get through a history lesson without my teacher asking how many more pictures i have of my *emo* band

So i guess they've pretty much taken over school life as well Very Happy
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
March 14th, 2007 at 04:58pm
Liking the band has changed my life. I'm a different person than I used to be. I'm stronger I guess. I'm being called emo now (which I think is stupid to label someone coz of the music they like). i play their music all the time. I'm constantly singing their songs or have them in my head. They saved my life. My family think that I'm weird and believe that the bad things that have happened to me over the passed few months are down to MCR, which is not true. I buy magazines every week.. Well only if they have MCR or bands that I like.
But through the negative and positive, I still love them as a band and always will.
Zombiefied
Fabulous Killjoy
Zombiefied
March 14th, 2007 at 05:04pm
I love mcr band but there not the only band i like its good to have different sounds
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 14th, 2007 at 05:15pm
I'm slowly starting to realize that I'm not alone. I'm not stupid. I'm not the biggest nerd ever. And even if I was - that's OK too. Gerard once said:

"The difference we wanna make is number one to let these kids know that they're not alone, that they're actually not that messed up and that they can do whatever they want. They can express themselves however they want without being persecuted or called a faggot or some kind of racist thing. You know, really just to get people to get over their stuff so they can live"

I seriously had to fight to hold my tears back when he said that. I've felt for a long time that I'm not actually living. So that's what I'm working on right now. They give me hope.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 14th, 2007 at 06:30pm
myxicyxblues:
it affected mine big time since im so obsessed with these guys if someone
messes with them i defend them. i read about them. i sing there songs
i play there songs they saved my life. but today my girlfreind broke up with me
and mcr was one of the reasons

what about you?
Why'd MCR have something to do with it?
Geesus.
Motor Baby
Geesus.
March 14th, 2007 at 09:55pm
my chem have definately changed my life
they, introduced me per se, to more things
and made me see the truth in things
theyve also motivated me to speak my mind and voice my opinion and not care what ppl think.
at school i'm the emo/goth freak that likes a gay band but oh well because i'm just being me like my chem try to persuade you to be, if that makes sense.
my obbsession, you could call it, has annoyyed a lot of ppl but idc. i like them. they made me who i am today. i'm not ashamed. i totally respect these 5 dudes and what theyve done for me.
snagicous
Jazz Hands
snagicous
March 14th, 2007 at 10:01pm
Definitely; mention anything pertaining to acronyms or any other connections to My Chemical Romance, The Black Parade (albums; Revenge & Bullets), or anything that would remind me of their quotes, and, of course, their songs, get me extremely, suddenly, violently happy. Ecstatic, really. I've been fucked up by "friends" and still am...And MCR, no doubt, can immediately put a smile on my face or make me cry tears of pure happiness...Call it sad, I call it an obsession...Just...indescribably feeling...invincible. MCR, as said above, I think gives everyone hope and something to bring up the day. They send the right message; they're helping me to make the decision to keep on living.
I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone

It's so powerful. Overcoming everything and feeling you're in top of things again...I've been through what you others have been through/are going through, and just have to say keep holding on, because My Chem wants ya to!
Murder Magician
Salute You in Your Grave
Murder Magician
March 14th, 2007 at 11:33pm
MCR has definately affected my life in more than one way.
It has its bad affects and good affects.
But of course, even though the bad are pretty bad.
The good over rules them by far.
ambriece
Always Born a Crime
ambriece
March 15th, 2007 at 02:54am
Liking MCR doesnt reaii affect me anymore as much as I started getting in to them a few years back...But when I did, I was so into them, and my friends and fam didnt care realii until it got to a point where thats all I could talk or think about, like I could turn anything they said into something about MCR, you could be tlaking about country music and somehow I dont know how, but it would turn into a conversation about them..it got annoying to them after awhile and they didnt realii want to hang out that much nemore....but I 'calmed' down after awhile and now they understand that MCR has done alot for me and everything...

but also that alot of their songs remind me of things Ive been through or go through and help me to handle things better. They've made me stronger then I used to be because I used to break down so easily and now I have them to listen to, to look up to. They give me the motivation to keep on going even if Im as down as I possibly could be..

I dont know if this answered the question, but I think it did..I probably sounded like such a weirdo right then, but oh well....thats that..