Don't have an account? Create one!

Does liking this band affect your life?

AuthorMessage
Missy.
Jazz Hands
Missy.
May 13th, 2007 at 07:29am
Yes. Liking My Chemical Romance affects my life.
But in one of the most positive ways.
I wouldn't be who I am today if It wernt for them.
I would be some person pretending to be someone who I'm not.
I would be someone who was liked for the wrong reasons.
I would be anything but myself.
My Chemical Romance saved me.
They help me get through each day.
And they help me be myself.
I couldn't picture it any other way.
I love My Chemical Romance.
XXGee LoverXX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XXGee LoverXX
May 13th, 2007 at 08:10am
Teenage Dirtbag:It totally affects my life. And I'm sure it affects everyone's lives on INO.

MCR makes people like me. It makes people hate me. MCR has changed my life both ways- for better and for worse.

But mostly better. The bad things, like people calling me emo and thinking me weird, I can totally handle. I can even handle my parents thinking I'm some kind of goth princess.

But the good things- I'm so thankful for them. I've realised that I have to be true to my heart and not take anything from anyone. I've learnt to be myself and not care what anyone else thinks.

So yes, this band has affected my life. And I'm totally happy about that
I totally agree
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 14th, 2007 at 03:30pm
Yeeeeah, they totally affected my life, for the better I think, although my dad thinks all I do is sit up in my room listening to them and staring off into space being depressed which is totally not the case but he can think what he wants. Suffice to say I am nearly obsessed with them and if someone insults them I defend my fave band!! Not to mention they serve as my inspiration a lot through various means.
RedTieOut
Fabulous Killjoy
RedTieOut
May 14th, 2007 at 03:36pm
Listening to their music as affected me in more ways then one. I'm glad I like them. =) Their music has definatly helped me through some hard times.
yellow
Joining The Black Parade
yellow
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:12pm
MCR has defenetly changed my life.
it has taught me so many important things like not caring what other people think and just being your own person and doing whatever makes you happy.
its even taught me how to be a stronger person and to just keep fighting and not letting people bring you down.
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:18pm
MCR affects my life because I mean, I listen to them every day pretty much. I get reactions from people when I talk about them and some people I know don't like them so I get comments from them. but as far as MCR changing my life..well I drove 3 hours to see them <3 lol and so they've inspired me to drive anywhere I can to see them. Don't really know if that counts as changing my life or not but meh. They're amazing <3
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
May 24th, 2007 at 12:00am
mcr affected my life in a big way! i was a bitchy teenie before listening to them.. entering highschool, i met a cool computer teacher, we clicked, she has the patience with me, she lend me her three cheers album, after listening to the songs, it made me realized that i'm such a bitch after that, i try to changed and i suceeded, but the downside, i lost most of my so called friends they are always telling me that i'm not the same friend they have.. it is just kinda sad, what if this is more the real me than before... but i'm glad i changed! thank you mcr!
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
May 24th, 2007 at 12:11am
tell me about it

my life ROCKS!!! and i become emo...... without MCR my life is dull
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
May 24th, 2007 at 01:00am
Somewhat.
Music in general has saved my life and I love it dearly. But My Chem is extremely
special to me because they were the first band I ever really got into and I consider
them to be one of the best bands of today. If these wonderful people never came
along, I wouldn't love music like I do. They're life savers.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
May 24th, 2007 at 03:47am
They've deifinately changed my life.
I've gained a lot of confidence since i started litening to them, before i was really afraid to be myself.
most of my friends don't like them. one in particular really hates them and has started being really weird with me. Before, that would have really upset me, but now i just don't care cos im not gonna change just so people like that will like me.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
May 24th, 2007 at 04:26am
In a sense. Their music game me a bond with my sisters. We all have discussed it. We wouldn't be as close as we are if we hadn't liked MCR, because they really are one of the very few things we share a common interest in. Their music also makes me really confident and happy...then again, a lot of other bands give me that same feeling.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 24th, 2007 at 05:58am
It affects my life in the sense that I'm not ashamed of the fact that I like them. I used to like some bands and I was afraid to let people know because then they'd bag me. But I find when I listen to MCR, I couldn't care less who knows.
Everyone bags me nonstop when I wear my MCR shirt to school, or have MCR posters on my locker door. But I DON'T CARE. Which is quite cool.
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
May 24th, 2007 at 10:41am
They have helped alot

but when people say

MCR SAVED MY LIFE

I'm reluctant to believe them, every one uses it so losely now

I know there are those out there who have been really effect and I suffer from depression myself so I know, I really do know what its like but still to me they haven't saved my life but improved it for the better.

They have given me new morrals and meanings and I love them for that!

In school I get the odd comments and I almost got beaten up several for times for it, but that was walking home from school by some random kids and I have had death treats and people have thrown a firework at me, I've been pinned against a wall and told I was going to get my throat slit and just ramdom shizz like that

But I don't care anymore I know who I am.

x
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 24th, 2007 at 12:51pm
yeah but not like the first guy :p(btw nice to see a guy hereVery Happy)
but like .. my friends are like totaly pisst somtimes:p
blackXparade77
Killjoy
blackXparade77
May 24th, 2007 at 02:01pm
If someone picks on MCR I defend them also. Me and my boyfriend get into these big debates over them cuz he thinks My chem is a waste of time and I totally disagree.

But one of the ways they affected me was that they taught me that if something is wrong, dont just sit there and accept it and complain, make it fucking right.

And never to take anyones shit.

This band just bettered me as a person overall.
lennyK
Fabulous Killjoy
lennyK
May 24th, 2007 at 07:07pm
My Chem is my role-model. They're the reason I didn't give up on myself. I still struggle with crap like that but without My Chem, I don't think I'd be here today. I'm not crazy-obbsessed like a stalker but I think about them a lot and I'm always singing one of their songs. They're such an amazing band!!
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
July 1st, 2007 at 07:44am
It so fucking has... They were the ones who literally saved me... I was starting to get all suicidal coz of school, problems with family and friends till I heard Helena and WTTBP... I really thank them for that,
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
July 1st, 2007 at 09:15am
yes. and a lot.
i just would be nothing without them.
and my life was so different in this point withou that band.
srsly.
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
July 1st, 2007 at 09:24am
PrettyHandsomeAkward:
They have helped alot

but when people say

MCR SAVED MY LIFE

I'm reluctant to believe them, every one uses it so losely now

I know there are those out there who have been really effect and I suffer from depression myself so I know, I really do know what its like but still to me they haven't saved my life but improved it for the better.

They have given me new morrals and meanings and I love them for that!

In school I get the odd comments and I almost got beaten up several for times for it, but that was walking home from school by some random kids and I have had death treats and people have thrown a firework at me, I've been pinned against a wall and told I was going to get my throat slit and just ramdom shizz like that

But I don't care anymore I know who I am.

x

aww that sucks. i have had fireworks thrown at me too, so i know how that feels

MCR are a major part of my life, i would not be where i am today without them, but i wouldn't be dead.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 1st, 2007 at 10:46am
I'm not very outgoing, so it isn't as though loads of people know I listen to MCR, and I only have two friends that do as well. So I don't have to take any crap for it except for online forums. I mean, I'm not HIDING it or anything, I'm just introverted.

Music in general has changed me a lot. Especially in the last year, and MCR had a pretty big part in it. They didn't "save my life". But...they kinda became embedded in who I am. They/music caused me to question myself and change my position. So, in a way, they also did bad things for me, making me lethargic and caring less about school work, and even recently I started to question, "wtf ARE they emo???" Because it was almost like I'd been less happy...

But really...I think I kinda "grew up" and became a deeper person. Less shallow, more open minded.

So...without MCR, I'd probably just be like every other skin deep clone in my grade. And I love My Chem for that. Maybe I don't stand out physically or how I dress or anything...but mentally, I can tell I'm different from nearly everyone I'm around at school.