Don't have an account? Create one!

Does liking this band affect your life?

AuthorMessage
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 03:43pm
Personally, if My Chemical Romance doesn't affect your life, you can't call yourself a fan.

MCR hasn't physically saved my life, it wasn't as if I I was going to commit suicide when I started listening to them. I mean, I was only nine when I started worshipping Bullets. But they've probably kept me from being too suicidal over the years. Besides the obvious, being that I'm completely dependant on them for life/energy/fuel.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 03:46pm
yea....if they don't affect you....you cannot call yourself a fan.
Sorry, that's just the way it is.
I mean, it affected me, I'm only 13.
I think that the song Cancer really helped me get over my grandpa dying, and other songs, like I'm Not Okay, just get me up in the morning.
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
March 24th, 2007 at 03:47pm
Alot of poeple I talk to about them (besides my friends who like MCR) calls Gerard a homo or a girl and it really pisses me off. They don't really know what thier talking about, in my opinion. I defend MCR, listen to them everyday. Thier music makes me happy. I think about them all the time. I love them. Not just the music, but the band, too. Does any of this count? xD
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:00pm
I love the music, and I care about the people who make it (not like in an OMIGOSH I LOVE GERARD WAY! kinda way, but I care about what happens to them, and I was shocked when they got hurt filming FLW kinda way. If you get what I'm saying.)
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 04:03pm
I guess you could sya they affect you ^_^

It bugs me because if they're labeling them, and by labeling them they show that they haven't absorbed what the band's message is. About respect and such, about acceptance, and not taking anyone shit. And indirectly, don't give anyone shit.

I honestly don't care if they're all gay, as long as they keep up what they're preaching now.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:05pm
I don't care about the image, I care about the people and the music...people keep saying that the labels trying to ruin their image. W/E PEOPLE.

Yes, they affect me, a lot...I get crabby if I don't listen to them at least once a day..Very Happy
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 24th, 2007 at 04:06pm
Labels don't ruin the music, it's just another way to judge people and pigeon-hole them.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:08pm
I know...that's what I've been saying.
I think it's either the Band Q&A thread or the Personal Lives Of The Band Two. that is posting that "the label is trying to ruin the band's image so they can launch another band & that band would get super-famous..."...
as if.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
March 24th, 2007 at 09:32pm
Yes. Cause now i have someone to look up to. Its Gerard!
imnotokaywiththis
Killjoy
imnotokaywiththis
March 25th, 2007 at 05:26am
apparently MCR makes my grades drop and makes me become anti sociable
xemo_gurlx
Joining The Black Parade
xemo_gurlx
March 25th, 2007 at 08:27am
ye in a way bcoz i get pissed wen ppl slag them off or say ther rubbish
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 25th, 2007 at 09:03am
I'm turning EMO now, it's cause of two reasons - cause I'm into MCR and I like the way emos dress. Smile
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
March 25th, 2007 at 10:40am
Charlene:
I'm turning EMO now, it's cause of two reasons - cause I'm into MCR and I like the way emos dress. Smile

Neutral Disgust
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 25th, 2007 at 10:48am
yeah, they affect my life. a lot of the bands i like affect my life in one way or another.
williamshatner
Killjoy
williamshatner
March 25th, 2007 at 11:36am
They're one of my favorite bands, but my life doesn't need saving. I love my life.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 25th, 2007 at 11:39am
They affect me in a good and bad way. The good way, I can't explain in words. Just a feeling. The bad way...well...I talk about them A LOT. I hope my friends aren't annoyed...
Rosey203
Jazz Hands
Rosey203
March 25th, 2007 at 12:34pm
MCR have made a massive impact on my life in many ways, and I can't imagine my life without them anymore.

They didn't save my life, but they certainly changed it. Before I was really bored with my life, and didn't really have interests of my own and I just used to follow the crowd. Since I found MCR, I've realized thats its ok to be myself, and I shouldn't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

Liking them makes me so happy, the happiest I've ever been before. Before I knew about them I didn't think I was unhappy, but now I am SO much happier. They give me hope when I'm feeling down, and give me something to be passionate about.

My family kinds of likes them, but finds it annoying when I talk about them all the time. And a lot of my friends say nasty things about them, but I will defend them till the end. Everyone at my school seems to hate them, apart from the people that are considred "goth." I have two friends my age who like them, one who likes them quite a bit, and one who is just as obsessed as me. We get a lot of abuse about it, but we always defend them, and its sort of made us believe in ourself and made us more confident too.

So yes, MCR have certainly changed my life.
justan_oceanof_tears
Motor Baby
justan_oceanof_tears
March 25th, 2007 at 04:55pm
Its somewhat effected my life for example i might've stll been listening to Hillary Duff Cheese Tomato and that would be bad. My life almost revolves around Mcr now and i fight with people because with it sometimes (not fist but verbal)
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 8th, 2007 at 12:56am
when i started listening to mcr i lost a couple of friends, they were all into rap and shit like that, but im cool now, they also saved my life cause i was suicidle

THANK GOD FOR MCR Dance Dance Dance Dance
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
April 8th, 2007 at 01:33am
Yes it has. Period. It has affected me so much that a. I'm on INO. and b. I've had to bust a nut just to listen to other bands so I don't get bored with MCR! That would be blasphmy if i would get bored!!!