Don't have an account? Create one!

Does liking this band affect your life?

AuthorMessage
Plasmatic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Plasmatic.
March 15th, 2007 at 03:06am
My fucking god. It affects me.
My friends dont exactly like them but i don't care.
But they make me happy whenever i listen to them.
They make me go "fuck the world" whenever i'm treated like shit.
They helped me a hell of alot last year. They stopped me from doing "certain" things and just sort've made me feel like i belonged to something.
They kinda show me that things that happen now aren't all of a big deal and that it's okay to be fucked up. Cos i basically am. Seeing Gerard get out of his depression and stop his alcoholism is inspiring actually. And it goes to show that if you put your mind to it you can achieve anything!
J.D. Poe
Fabulous Killjoy
J.D. Poe
March 15th, 2007 at 03:23am
All good music should change your life.
Whats the point of art if it doesnt affect your life?
ambriece
Always Born a Crime
ambriece
March 15th, 2007 at 03:25am
J.D. Poe:
All good music should change your life.
Whats the point of art if it doesnt affect your life?

thats true... lol how havv they affected ur life then?
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 15th, 2007 at 05:17am
well, yes. in good and bad ways. i love listening to their music, it makes me happy and sometimes sad. wen im angry, sad, annoyed or stressed out (i know this sounds lame) but listening to their music makes me feel better and more relaxed. they are almost all i think about and i cant stop talking about them. i also hav something to talk about with other mcr lovers.

but there are people at skool who bag them heaps. i always get into debates about it. i now realize that some people love mcr, and others hate them (alot). another bad thing is that my life at skool occasionally turns into the video for INO.
people call me emo. but im not.

some of my friends hate, like and love mcr. i dont care if they dont like them but ive pretty much turned all my friends into MCR lovers. michaela and steph often make jokes about me being emo.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 15th, 2007 at 05:35am
this is really random, but one this one time i was having a bad day and i was pretty sad, then one of my friends was lyk "r u okay?" then i started singing INO and we both started laughing, i was happy again. thats wat i lyk about mcr, wen u r sad, hearing one of their songs or even just talking about them makes u happy.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 18th, 2007 at 03:06pm
YES
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 18th, 2007 at 04:12pm
MCR did affect my life. Their songs make me feel confindent, they make me feel better when i'm sad and it seems like they're the only ones that understand me, if i had never found out about MCR i'd probably be in my room right now crying and cutting myself. And i'm not kidding. Crying or Very sad
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
March 18th, 2007 at 04:33pm
It totally does. I'm glad my parents and friends understand how much MCR means to me. I was really depressed after my mother died and My Chem helped me to got through it. Sadly I got even more depressed when my father started drinking (my mother died as an alcoholic), but then MCR helped me again. I know I write too much offtopic but I can't help myself.
crosstowntraffic
Killjoy
crosstowntraffic
March 18th, 2007 at 07:39pm
only a few of my friends like them, but i'll tell you this:

since i got into them, i have gotten more compliments and comments about myself than i ever thought i would. people tell me that i'm so much more positive, they can see passion in my eyes, and that i have so much capabilities in the music industry. my friends may not listen to them on their own, but they always listen when i need to talk about how much i love the music because they borught out all the positive energy i was overshadowing with negative thoughts.

so in a nutshell, they didn't "save my life", but made me more positive, determined, and easier to be around! Smile
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 19th, 2007 at 03:20am
yeah it affects me alot, in a very good way.
I always think of them and their music and it makes me happy.
also understanding their songs and learning about concepts has made me a bit smarter
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 19th, 2007 at 09:13am
Well, they make me feel happy and good about myself and I luv listening to their music, also I don't know why but They make me feel more confident, I think it's because when Gerard says thing's like, you should me yourself. Things along that line. Very Happy they are the best band ever (and Garbage are too, Shirley Mansons band lol) Very Happy
living is easy
Bleeding on the Floor
living is easy
March 19th, 2007 at 02:36pm
I play the songs in my head. I sing them. Out loud.

oh the looks I get Wink lol

but yes. it does affect my life...
Chibi
Banned
Chibi
March 19th, 2007 at 03:40pm
Yeah, it does. They were pretty much the only thing that helped me through a really bad breakup I had like two years ago, and I feel they sorta keep me sane...Plus, y'know, there's the people that'll try to start shit if they can tell you're a huge fan. I hate having to defend my musical taste to hipsters...
Marina!
Shotgun Sinner
Marina!
March 19th, 2007 at 03:50pm
MCr really did save me...
they saved me from the world of "brapness"
Sin D
Fabulous Killjoy
Sin D
March 21st, 2007 at 11:06pm
Yeah it affected my life. They are the ones who introduced me to good music lol. Plus I have gotten alot of my friends into them to since i started liking them. Also they made me see a whole new point of view in things. so ya
Buried Wreckage.
Demolition Lover
Buried Wreckage.
March 22nd, 2007 at 12:55am
Yes it does affect my life before I started listening to them I only had 1 friend that wasn't the best friend in the world.Now I have alot of friends that like stuff that I like and I'm alot closer to my cousins on my dads side because they like them just as much as me but now my moms side of the family doesn't really talk to me anymore because I listen to weird music.
CorpseInThisBed
Killjoy
CorpseInThisBed
March 22nd, 2007 at 01:56am
people just think im plain weird for liking them and other bands as well. they think its odd for a black person to listen to rock, some people say im emo and bet i slit my wrists, one boy even asked me if i sit in the corner and cry
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 22nd, 2007 at 02:40pm
Hmmm interesting...hell yes being all about MCR is affecting my life. I'm 38 years old and the general opinion most of the people in my life currently have of me is "You are acting like a teenager. You are obsessed. You need to get a life." But why? I only discovered the band less than a month ago - I'm interested in learning all I can about them right now because they hit me the right way at a really important turning point in my life. I don't get why people have to have something negative to say.
House of Llamas
Fabulous Killjoy
House of Llamas
March 22nd, 2007 at 04:13pm
They didn't save my life really, but they have certantly affected it. My life is so much better because of them. I've never bothered to obsess this much over a band.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 24th, 2007 at 03:38pm
hell yes.
my obsession for mcr has pushed out everything else in my life