Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions thread.

AuthorMessage
Mcr.Frankie
Killjoy
Mcr.Frankie
January 12th, 2008 at 04:05pm
Hey.. I'm Wondering If anyone Knows How To make That "punk-sound" That Frank Makes in The Song You Know What they do to guys Like us in prison..
And Please Explain Well 'Cause I a Beginner..
Do I Need Any Special Stuff To Make It?
Please Answer ^^
Mcr.Frankie
Killjoy
Mcr.Frankie
January 12th, 2008 at 04:09pm
Mcr.Frankie:
Hey.. I'm Wondering If anyone Knows How To make That "punk-sound" That Frank Makes in The Song You Know What they do to guys Like us in prison..
Please Answer ^^
Sorry.. I Meant His Solo Of Course (a)
Btw.. PAGE CLAIM xD
Mcr.Frankie
Killjoy
Mcr.Frankie
January 12th, 2008 at 04:12pm
Mcr.Frankie:
Mcr.Frankie:
Please Answer ^^
Sorry.. I Meant His Solo Of Course (a)
Btw.. PAGE CLAIM xD
btw.. Just 'Cause My friends Complaining What I'm writing it's supposed to Stand; Franks Guitar Sounds While The Guitar Solo..
And I Hope You Get it ^_^
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
January 29th, 2008 at 12:56am
can someone explain to me in a simple way how to sing/breathe using your diaphragm?
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
February 3rd, 2008 at 12:27pm
when you breath in deeply, your stomach...pushes out, and your rib cage lifts up. This doesn't sound very nice, but my choir mates always described it as like having constipation, when you breathe in, you should feel the strain there.

To practice, you can place your fist somewhere below your belly button, breathe in deep, push your fist in, and while singing try to use your stomach to push your fist out. Uh, does that make sense?

If you're doing it correctly, you should feel tired after a while, and your voice projection would be much better too. Sorry if that wasn't of much help, if you need me to explain it further feel free to PM me.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
February 9th, 2008 at 09:58pm
What is Guitar Pro?
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
February 19th, 2008 at 03:38pm
Ihopethisistherightplacetoask,
What are some easy songs on (preferably) acoustic guitar or keyboard?
I have a pretty old guitar but if I can play something on it I might get a new one.

Zozz
Killjoy
Zozz
February 28th, 2008 at 10:56am
electric soldier sam:
Ihopethisistherightplacetoask,
What are some easy songs on (preferably) acoustic guitar or keyboard?
I have a pretty old guitar but if I can play something on it I might get a new one.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/daniel_thomas/amazing_grace_crd.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/bob_dylan/blowing_in_the_wind_crd.htm
http://www.e-chords.com/guitartab/idmusica/88279.htm

Amazing Grace, Blowing in the wind and Desert song are quite easy to play on guitar, if it's chords we're talking about.
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
March 5th, 2008 at 11:57pm
Kid Rock:
What is Guitar Pro?

Possibly the most amazing program ever made.

You can writ down songs on it, and it can transform the guitar tabs into standard notation, and can play it as a midi file. Plus, a lot of people post guitar tabs in this format. It's great to learn songs.

The possibilities are endless with this program.

It helps me a lot when I think of new lyrics, or music and such. I just put on there, and I can come back to it a month later. Even if I forget the riff, it plays it exactly as I had when I had written it.

GP5 is the latest one, with a realistic sound engine to make the music sound a lot less midi and more realistic.
hide from the sun
Killjoy
hide from the sun
March 6th, 2008 at 03:11am
Hm I hope this is a good place to ask... I'm just a beginer and lerning to play the acoustic guitar... I'm taking lesons but I want to start playing songs so badly. I started playing good riddance (found a video on youtube with someone explaining how to play) but it still sounds wrong could someone help me out? maybe you know a good way to learn it or something? please anyone?
goodbye blue sky
Always Born a Crime
goodbye blue sky
March 18th, 2008 at 10:25am
hide from the sun:
Hm I hope this is a good place to ask... I'm just a beginer and lerning to play the acoustic guitar... I'm taking lesons but I want to start playing songs so badly. I started playing good riddance (found a video on youtube with someone explaining how to play) but it still sounds wrong could someone help me out? maybe you know a good way to learn it or something? please anyone?

there´s a internet full of tab-sites. just google "good riddance tab" and I´m pretty sure you´ll find lots of tabs.
Personally I take my tabs from Ultimate Guitar I hope that it helped atleast a little bit...
Actually, I have a question too.... I´ve been playing guitar for over three years now, and I love it, but I´d like to start playing a new instrument; violin. So, do you think it´s little "too" late for me, cus I read in Wikipedia, that the best age to take up the violin is 4 to 7 (and yeah, I´m way older...)
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
March 22nd, 2008 at 10:49am
Does anyone know an easy way to get your guitar to drop d tuning. I've tried a couple times but I"m not sure if I'm getting the right sound or not
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
March 22nd, 2008 at 03:15pm
Just tune it to standard tuning, but tune the lowest string, Low E, two half steps down (one whole step down), making it a D. In Drop D, you can play power chords by barring the 3 lowest strings and strumming them.
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
March 22nd, 2008 at 07:24pm
ummm... what are steps?
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
March 31st, 2008 at 12:51am
Steps are notes in the musical scale. Going up one half a step is going up half a note in the 12 tone musical scale.
For instance, going from an A to A# is half a step.
A whole step is two half steps, for instance going from an A to B.
Black Presicion
Killjoy
Black Presicion
April 9th, 2008 at 08:22pm
I have a new question. Two actually. 1: How do you get your voice more powerful and higher and stronger for example, hayley williams or someone like her b/c i'm a female and i have a weak voice but when I sing soft, it sounds really good...weird.
2: are there any excersizes or something to help me get better and used to using a pic. I know I need to use the best one for me but I'm just wondering how to get used to it because when i use my pic I would play two strings when I"m only supposed to play one and I can't go that fast.
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
May 4th, 2008 at 01:50am
The Fatality.:
Steps are notes in the musical scale. Going up one half a step is going up half a note in the 12 tone musical scale.
For instance, going from an A to A# is half a step.
A whole step is two half steps, for instance going from an A to B.

but then that gets confusing as it goes with all this too

A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#

JadeTiger712:
Does anyone know an easy way to get your guitar to drop d tuning. I've tried a couple times but I"m not sure if I'm getting the right sound or not

so any way to get drop D you need to make the E string drop down to a D note... to check if you have it right the 7th fret will be A (identical to the A string) if not tune it higher or lower to fix it
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
May 6th, 2008 at 11:50am
I have a pretty cheap bass and I'm ready to take it more seriously and I was wondering what some good bass guitars were that were no more than like 700 dollars.
>.< I'd love a thunderbird but there's no way I can pay that much.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 9th, 2008 at 12:57am
guys...i have a new question

as a musician, he/she must figure some ways to NOT having stage fright, i have a band...but we're new...we practice...and it goes well, but the problem is...we have this stage fright, we can't sing in front of a crowd, even though it's our family.

silly right?

pls help me....give me some advice how to conquer our fear...this fear really sucks!

we always performed in front of the mirror, but now we are ready to perform live... hopin you can help us.... Crying or Very sad
linerlover
Killjoy
linerlover
May 11th, 2008 at 01:43pm
the Matches.:
can someone explain to me in a simple way how to sing/breathe using your diaphragm?

put your hands just above your hips, so they almost touch around the front. this is to feel your diaphragm working properly.
breath right down into your stomach, so your body feels tense, kinda like youve swallowed the air rather than breathed it in, then squeeze your stomach gently. breath out, pushing your stomach against your hands. it takes a lot of work, and does kinda make you feel a little constipated at first, but eventually you will begin to do it involuntarily. and yes, you will look fat when you do this, as your stomach should be pushed out as far as possible.
an exercise to help this is to use a heavy book, ie a dictionary, and lie down on your back, placing it on your stomach. you then breath in, 'swallowing' the air, and push out your stomach to make the book go as high as possible. hold for 10 seconds, then breath out slowly, keeping the book as high as possible. do this 10 times a day. my singing teacher does...

anyway. hope that helped... =]